First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hard times

Richmond, IN

#1 Nov 13, 2012
Stop asking me for my change ! That is nothing but rude. I'm going to stop going there .
gee

Connersville, IN

#2 Nov 13, 2012
I don't go in there often anymore but I haven't been asked to donate change in quite some time. Perhaps it is because I use my debit card most of the time. Also, I usually have change and give the exact amount so that I don't break another dollar. I tend to do that since I have very limited income. I rarely have a bunch of change to cash in these days. Sometimes I'm scraping for change just to buy something I need before my next check. I'm sure there are a lot of people doing the same thing.
I worked at Dollar store for a short time in 2008 and had to ask customers if they'd like to donate their change. Didn't realize they still ask. I absolutely hated asking! I never felt comfortable asking! When I first started working there I would skip asking. Then I got scolded for not getting enough during my shift. Each cashier had to count the change at the end of shift and report it. I'm assuming the cashiers are still being pushed to ask. But I'm not sure. The manager I worked under was a real ass.(and was eventually fired!) I don't know if all store practice the same thing. I just know when I worked there that you'd better be asking or be reprimanded for not performing your duties.
I feel that when there is a collection box by the register, that is enough suggestion.
goodwill

Connersville, IN

#3 Nov 14, 2012
Hard times wrote:
Stop asking me for my change ! That is nothing but rude. I'm going to stop going there .
quit crying over charitable actions, no one forces you to give anything. Are you afraid that someone you know will see you say no to the donation and know you are the cheap pos that you are? People who complain about an act of kindness or a drive to raise money for a good cause need lined up and shot in the face.
Not

Connersville, IN

#4 Nov 14, 2012
Hard times wrote:
Stop asking me for my change ! That is nothing but rude. I'm going to stop going there .
It's quite simple...just say no.
Ah Ha

Fort Wayne, IN

#5 Nov 14, 2012
You dikwads will complain about anything.
Huh

Connersville, IN

#6 Nov 14, 2012
The reason they ask instead of keeping a jar out is because people are more likely to give when prompted and will ignore a jar after a while.

Now to the original poster... just say "no thank you" and stop being such a whiny little bitch about being asked to give to CHARITY. Or do you really not like it because it makes you feel guilty to say no? But really if THAT is going to keep you from visiting a place, you must be one hell of a fun guy to be around, and by fun I mean crabby as hell as a bore. How will you ever survive the Salvation Army bell ringing?
Parent

Richmond, IN

#7 Nov 14, 2012
goodwill wrote:
<quoted text> quit crying over charitable actions, no one forces you to give anything. Are you afraid that someone you know will see you say no to the donation and know you are the cheap pos that you are? People who complain about an act of kindness or a drive to raise money for a good cause need lined up and shot in the face.
I say no that's not the point . The point is they shouldn't be asking. Yesterday they was asking for salvation army . I give and don't pass by any bell ringers . Just think it's wrong for dollar store to keep asking for change . This is America freedom of speech.
Not

Connersville, IN

#8 Nov 14, 2012
Parent wrote:
<quoted text> I say no that's not the point . The point is they shouldn't be asking. Yesterday they was asking for salvation army . I give and don't pass by any bell ringers . Just think it's wrong for dollar store to keep asking for change . This is America freedom of speech.
Yes...you said it yourself "This is America" all charities ask for money, if you don't want to give, that's your choice, just don't do it and don't complain about it. I just hope that one day you don't need help from one of the charities that the Dollar Store collects for. Just sayin.
Ah Ha

Fort Wayne, IN

#9 Nov 14, 2012
Amerika? Vas ist da?????
Obama

Lafayette, IN

#10 Nov 14, 2012
Can't figure you folks out. You complain about voluntarily given a option to give to charity but vote me in as I promise to take it from you and give it to whoever i deem in need.
goodwill

Connersville, IN

#11 Nov 14, 2012
Parent wrote:
<quoted text> I say no that's not the point . The point is they shouldn't be asking. Yesterday they was asking for salvation army . I give and don't pass by any bell ringers . Just think it's wrong for dollar store to keep asking for change . This is America freedom of speech.
The ultimate azzhole speaks.(parent)......... it is totally awesome that they work for different charities like childrens burn centers, literacy programs ect. ect. ect. and it usually a childs program at that, and then you go and complain. HA some parent you are you selfish f**k The owner(S) of dollar general made this a part of their daily operations to help make a difference in innocent victims lives and all they ask for is a few cents. You are a disgusting POS in my book.
Citizen

Fort Wayne, IN

#12 Nov 14, 2012
If I could support these 'charities', I wouldn't be lowering myself to wallow in a filthy dollar store trying to SAVE a "few cents". F**k off, you bunch o' self-righteous bytches!
getting old

Connersville, IN

#13 Nov 14, 2012
If it goes for a good cause in our community or our country, what is a few cents? Give the change from your cigarettes, pop, alcohol for each day to help an honest good cause.
Anchovie Breath

Fort Wayne, IN

#14 Nov 14, 2012
You're an idiot, old f**k! I ain't givin' up my cigs, pop or my gawddammed beer for nobody. Got it? NO F**KIN" BODY!!!
wwjd

Richmond, IN

#15 Nov 14, 2012
goodwill wrote:
<quoted text> The ultimate azzhole speaks.(parent)......... it is totally awesome that they work for different charities like childrens burn centers, literacy programs ect. ect. ect. and it usually a childs program at that, and then you go and complain. HA some parent you are you selfish f**k The owner(S) of dollar general made this a part of their daily operations to help make a difference in innocent victims lives and all they ask for is a few cents. You are a disgusting POS in my book.
. the money at the dollar store is for literacy. there is no mention of other charities just teaching people how to read
wiccanandproud

Grabill, IN

#16 Nov 14, 2012
you guys are hilarious
Geez

North Chicago, IL

#17 Nov 15, 2012
wwjd wrote:
<quoted text>. the money at the dollar store is for literacy. there is no mention of other charities just teaching people how to read
If that's the case I encourage everyone to give. Why? Just take a look at this site's content.
Free govenment programs

United States

#18 Nov 15, 2012
Illiterate? Write for free help!
Anonymous

Naperville, IL

#19 Nov 15, 2012
Thank God 4 krogers.
cameron

Paris, IL

#20 Nov 15, 2012
put a sign, up and shut up!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Channel 8 news 9 min Rock 21
Need help with bills 13 min Rock 6
Venezuela wants gold for oil 15 min Rock 3
Bus Accident (swim team ) 22 min Wondering 1
Heard anything lately about Wayzata? (Oct '15) 43 min Rockette 9
Who is the biggest pity seaker.. 46 min JoJo 5
name a limp deck fuhck boy in c-vile 50 min Jack 6
Wayne Crabtree 7 hr Done 76

Connersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Connersville Mortgages