Fayette memorial hospital

Posted in the Connersville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Kelly

Mckeesport, PA

#1 Sep 7, 2010
What is going on with the hospital ? Visited a friend over the weekend and was amazed at the poor condition the hospital was in. The place looked beat up inside and out. Are they going to remodel any time soon? care seems ok but the section she was in seemed like alot of things were broke. My friend said there had been alot of management things happen so maybe they will get this fixed I hope. I grew up in connersville and sure would like the hospital to get back to were it used to be.
FRHS

New York, NY

#2 Sep 7, 2010
Sorry to say it Kelly,but the fact of the matter is doctors are leaving like rats on a sinking ship,and the old CEO,David Brandon soaked the hospital for a couple million dollars,his buy-out for ripping off the place,he was a thief and liar and was compensated for it,go figure,and his wife Peggy was just as bad,she spent 8-10 million dollars on a clinic in Brookville that only on average see's 8-10 people a day,so you do the math,lot's of layoff's and just no care.Sad.
Kelly

Mckeesport, PA

#3 Sep 8, 2010
Its sounds like you had a not so good doctor experiance FRHS, like I said the help was ok with my friend, just looked like the facility was a beat up middle school not a hospital is why the concern. My friend did well there and was released so alls well that ends well:)).
Ex patiant

Chicago, IL

#4 Sep 8, 2010
We went there about 2 weeks a go to see a family member and their nurse told us that there were only 8 patents in the hospital and there were none in the Intensive Care Unit. The story we got from her was people were going out of town looking for better care. She also stated that if thing did not get any better the hospital may close. When you have a town full of Drs. that care more about the money that the patents we may be better off with out the hospital. I for 1 take my chances and try to make it to Richmond the odds are for you there. At least there you will not be charged $500.00 to $1000.00 for a quack to tell you that you have a headache and give you an aspirin and send you home when you really have a brain tumor that needs emergency surgery.

I personally have not have very good experiences at FRHS over the years. My father almost died in the ER the Dr. told me that my father O.D.ed on milk when they got him to ICU another Dr. seen him and said that he had Congestive Heart Failure and said that if he had not got to ICU when he did he would have died. I could go on and on about things that has happen to myself and family and things I have seen over the past 50 year at place.

Kelly you say that you would like to see it go back to the way it used to be. What's that being put on a stretcher and left lying in the hallway out side the ER for hours and hours with everybody that came in the hospital walking by you waiting to see the Dr. on duty. Because that's the way it used to be. It was nothing to go to the ER 30 yrs ago and be there all day to get below standard treatment.
Somewhat pleased

Millsboro, DE

#5 Sep 8, 2010
I think the Cancer Center is top notch. Would not hesitate to have treatment there.
They have a new surgeon Dr. Rowe who I have heard excellent reports about.
I was admitted a few years ago and the nurses were very satisfactory. My complaint was the noise level. They constantly page people over their intercom system. You would have to be in a coma to get any rest. Admitted to Clarion North in Indy and the rooms were quiet and hotel like. Was there for two days and never heard one page. Not one. Whatever communication system they use should be copied by our hospital. Our hospital is not perfect but I would hate to be without it.
Oscar

Richmond, IN

#6 Sep 8, 2010
Somewhat pleased wrote:
I think the Cancer Center is top notch. Would not hesitate to have treatment there.
They have a new surgeon Dr. Rowe who I have heard excellent reports about.
I was admitted a few years ago and the nurses were very satisfactory. My complaint was the noise level. They constantly page people over their intercom system. You would have to be in a coma to get any rest. Admitted to Clarion North in Indy and the rooms were quiet and hotel like. Was there for two days and never heard one page. Not one. Whatever communication system they use should be copied by our hospital. Our hospital is not perfect but I would hate to be without it.
I agree in the fact I would hate to be without it but the thoughts of having surgery there would certainly increase my prayer life. While the new surgeon may be good there is more to surgery than the surgeon. Who is the anesthesiologist in town? The surgical nurses and assistants? My mother had a fever and rash after routine surgery and the RN said the redness was from surgical tape. It was staph. To me it is like a triage - you are patched and stabilized then need to be transferred to a real hospital.
Ur A Retard

Taunton, MA

#7 Sep 8, 2010
Why on earth would you go to the hosp. for a simple headache? You sound like one of the white trash masses that seek out the ER for their fix, get pissy when they get nothing, and blow off the bill. Thats why our hosp. has the bad rep. So good luck next time you need an ER, Richmond is only 35min away. Thats a pretty long time when your having a heart attack. But good luck with that!
Ex patiant wrote:
We went there about 2 weeks a go to see a family member and their nurse told us that there were only 8 patents in the hospital and there were none in the Intensive Care Unit. The story we got from her was people were going out of town looking for better care. She also stated that if thing did not get any better the hospital may close. When you have a town full of Drs. that care more about the money that the patents we may be better off with out the hospital. I for 1 take my chances and try to make it to Richmond the odds are for you there. At least there you will not be charged $500.00 to $1000.00 for a quack to tell you that you have a headache and give you an aspirin and send you home when you really have a brain tumor that needs emergency surgery.
I personally have not have very good experiences at FRHS over the years. My father almost died in the ER the Dr. told me that my father O.D.ed on milk when they got him to ICU another Dr. seen him and said that he had Congestive Heart Failure and said that if he had not got to ICU when he did he would have died. I could go on and on about things that has happen to myself and family and things I have seen over the past 50 year at place.
Kelly you say that you would like to see it go back to the way it used to be. What's that being put on a stretcher and left lying in the hallway out side the ER for hours and hours with everybody that came in the hospital walking by you waiting to see the Dr. on duty. Because that's the way it used to be. It was nothing to go to the ER 30 yrs ago and be there all day to get below standard treatment.
Goodie two shoes

Morrisville, PA

#8 Sep 8, 2010
FRHS wrote:
Sorry to say it Kelly,but the fact of the matter is doctors are leaving like rats on a sinking ship,and the old CEO,David Brandon soaked the hospital for a couple million dollars,his buy-out for ripping off the place,he was a thief and liar and was compensated for it,go figure,and his wife Peggy was just as bad,she spent 8-10 million dollars on a clinic in Brookville that only on average see's 8-10 people a day,so you do the math,lot's of layoff's and just no care.Sad.
I am personally very happy to have the Brookville Immediate Care - have had to use it several times . Very pleased with the care I got there - good doctors and staff seemed very professional . It always seemed to have several patients there at the times I was there . I would recomend it to others .
westbound

Waterloo, Canada

#9 Sep 9, 2010
Get back to the original posting on how run down the place looks. They got rid of the people that do the good work there. Didn't they have a big fundraiser to raise money to remodel the rooms there last I remember seeing in the paper they past the goal of 50,000 dollars. What happened to that money!!!
really

Newtown, PA

#10 Sep 9, 2010
to "ur a retard" go back & red that post. It said you get treated for a headache, given an aspirin BUT YOU REALLY HAVE A BRAIN TUMOR!!!!! can you say retard!!!!! I normally do not comment on here but you left me no choice. my grandma was found unconscious at home transferred to FMH ( name of hospital at time) and put in ICU. they called the family in to say our goodbyes cause she wouldn't make it through the night. family requested she be transferred to another hospital and after a few medication changes she was home playing bingo again!!! scary to think what would have happened if we had left her there. I'm sure every hospital has a list of patients that can give examples of bad experiences, you just caught my attention and mine was with FMH!!!!
really

Newtown, PA

#11 Sep 9, 2010
p.s. I do drive 35 minutes to another hospital. way I see it I can die there or on my way to another hospital. But thanks for the advise!!!
Ya know

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Sep 9, 2010
Sadly there is always someone somewhere to b!tch about anything. FRHS is no different. I'm sure there are good and bad experiences in every hospital.

If you think it's bad now, just wait until Obamacare kicks in. Our hospital may close and with it goes lots of jobs. It would be a MAJOR blow to our town.
Jerry Springer

United States

#13 Sep 9, 2010
obama care goin do fix everting! and Carbon motos gonna save us all
thatonedoctor

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Sep 9, 2010
that one er dr. white haired old guy. the ass hole one.. i sat there bleeding profously from my head while he lectured me about having my tongue periced. i have a gash in my head feel down some strairs cracked my head on some wieght equpiment and all he cares about is my tongue being peirced... and then didnt numb the shit when he sewed it back together!!!!!
thatonedoctor

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Sep 9, 2010
fell not feel
Eric

Mckeesport, PA

#16 Sep 9, 2010
Hey Kelly this is your neighbor - I saw her yesterday glad all is well. Ron told me you posted here and this was getting attention. You know they say you cant judge a book by its cover, but I got to say if the place is run down looking then you can bet the problems go deeper than what you can see.
If you walk in to a restaurant and the place is cobbled together it sure makes you wonder how careful they are making your food! She said Connersville was small might be part time help that does alot of it.
No Way

Woodridge, IL

#17 Sep 9, 2010
I have lived in connersville for about 2 years. This is probably a hospital that should be shut down. Sorry for the loss of jobs but the care that they give is unexceptional. My husband and I have vowed to eachother and told our neighbors that if we had to go to the hospital and wasn't able to talk that we were to go to either Indy or Richmond. The ER here is a joke!!!! The ICU is a bunch of woman playing dress up. They don't have a clue! Its a danger to think you can get care there!
God knows

Connersville, IN

#18 Sep 9, 2010
The hospital may not look the best everywhere and the ER might not be that great but the Cancer Center and the Women's Center are wonderful. I interned in the Cancer Center and I had my son in the Women's Center so I know first hand. Everyone was so nice and what I saw of it everything looked like it was in good shape. I couldn't have had a better experience with the birth of my son. Dr. Landry and the rest of the staff were top notch!
Thump-It

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Sep 10, 2010
I go out of town. Would'nt dare go to Fatal Memorial.
Taxpayer

United States

#20 Sep 10, 2010
Fatal Memorial
Kill 'em then Hide 'em
Rushing to the Memoral Service
Reckless Endangering Inappropriate Deadly

Every Hospital has a nickname. Including the big ones like Wishing on a Terd, and Meth-a-must.

No hospital is perfect, not every single employee is exceptional. Seems like every community has a dreadful nickname for their own hospital and nobody wants to go to their local hospital. Not saying FMH is great, nor am I trying to disrespect the other hospitals. But if I need a doctor in an emergency, I would rather be looked at here and hopefully stabilized and transferred somewhere else, then to die in a ditch trying to make it to another town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need help with bills 15 min Alice 9
Gary Weber 2 hr Raymond 8
Amanda Richeys butthole looks like a gummie lif... 2 hr Raymond 22
Where are all these easy beautiful women i keep... 3 hr Raymond 1
Shut up, Dolly Hunn 5 hr Kathleen 28
Autumn Plough 5 hr Guesswhat 5
Please write some traffic tickets 5 hr Rocksoundslikeanass 9

Connersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance