who is our new fair queen?
ppl who care

United States

#22 Jul 20, 2008
Just thought i would let everyone know.. the queens went like this.. Paige Snyder Queen Caitlan Rockwell 1st Runner Up Mallory Hill Second Runner Up and Katie Nobbe Miss Congeniatlity

Since: Aug 07

Connersville

#23 Jul 20, 2008
I don't know anything about the Rockwell girl besides the fact it seems some people are jealous of her, but I have to say I think your post is excellent CHS grad, because it points out that no one on here - no matter how good a person is or how evil they are - is gonna escape getting ripped apart. Guaranteed.

**********

Love-and-Hate C'ville - it's sad as hell, ain't it?

... kh

----------
CHS graduate wrote:
With knowing Miss Rockwell as I do, you could not find a more sweeter girl than her. I am tired of you guys being so hard on girls for who their parents are. I mean like April and Mandy McDivitt. It is not their fault how their father reacts to certain things. Think about how the girls feel when they actually do something good, but everyone else looks down on them for who their dad is. Its obsured! I don't care if Caitlyn's dad is on the police force. There should never be a thought of her dad paying for her to win. She could easily win any contest on her own. They are young children trying to earn something for themselves, give them a chance for once without having to blast them with negative things that they can't control.
CHS graduate

United States

#24 Jul 20, 2008
and I agree with Love-And-Hate.. they could be out doing drugs and drinking alcohol but NO they are not.. they are trying to obtain a title of Queen which will give them the chance to represent this county. I am sure all of you woman (if any) that have posted negative things on here, all ran for queen as a teenager right? And if you did, your probvably jealous of Paige, Caitlyn, Katie and Malory cause they succeded in their bids for the title!

Come on give the girls a break! They are just trying to do something positive in this county, unlike many of you bashers.
lol

Jackson, MI

#25 Jul 20, 2008
if miss rockwell couldve won it on her own why didnt she? pretty sure you just said she was runner up.
CHS graduate

Bensenville, IL

#26 Jul 20, 2008
well apparently she did pretty well. 2nd out of 14? thats pretty good for someone doing it on their own!
winning at all cost

Ellicott City, MD

#27 Jul 20, 2008
CHS graduate wrote:
well apparently she did pretty well. 2nd out of 14? thats pretty good for someone doing it on their own!
2nd ? so the first loser? wtf?
CHS graduate

Bensenville, IL

#28 Jul 20, 2008
i am over the subject. your just picking on young girls for no freaking reason
Waaa

Jackson, MI

#29 Jul 20, 2008
Boo who. Shut up CHS graduate. If you don't like the topix, no one is making you click on it. Oh that's right. You do it because your NOSEY. My bad.
Judge

Indianapolis, IN

#30 Jul 21, 2008
I was online looking to find an article about Paige's win and came across this blog. I was one of the judges of this pageant and I must say that all 14 girls were very well spoken, well rounded ladies that do not deserve such horrible things to be said about them or their families. As judges, we meet them for 5 minutes and do not really care about family perceptions by others. That is why residents of your city do not judge the pageant. All the contestants had personality, charm and will be very successful women one day. It sickens me to think that there are people out there calling their parents such names. I only hope that if you have children, they will not see someone writing about you in this disrespectful manner. Paige will go on to compete against 86+ other girls at the state level and I have to say, I cannot think of a better representative for Fayette County. Your rude comments so a true lack of respect for not just the girls you write about, but it also tarnishes your county.
Former Queen

Bradenton, FL

#32 Jul 21, 2008
Judge wrote:
I was online looking to find an article about Paige's win and came across this blog. I was one of the judges of this pageant and I must say that all 14 girls were very well spoken, well rounded ladies that do not deserve such horrible things to be said about them or their families. As judges, we meet them for 5 minutes and do not really care about family perceptions by others. That is why residents of your city do not judge the pageant. All the contestants had personality, charm and will be very successful women one day. It sickens me to think that there are people out there calling their parents such names. I only hope that if you have children, they will not see someone writing about you in this disrespectful manner. Paige will go on to compete against 86+ other girls at the state level and I have to say, I cannot think of a better representative for Fayette County. Your rude comments so a true lack of respect for not just the girls you write about, but it also tarnishes your county.
Thank you. This is one of the positive things in our community. It takes alot of courage to run and participate against you peers. All the young women involved were exceptional in their own way. Paige will have one of the most rewarding experiences of her life. Representing our county is a privilage. We may have our faults but are rich in history and pride in the accomplishments and achievements our community have had the opportunity to be involved with. I wish that for once a blog could just be positive and encouraging. Good luck Paige and trust me you will remember this time for the rest of your life. Remember what is important! Have a fantastic fair week!
lola

United States

#33 Jul 22, 2008
hah wrote:
Yea! A very cute, young girl, huh? Shoot. You fooled me. Caitlin is one of those girls that everyone thinks is so sweet and innocent, when she really isn't. People will learn.
She is nothing but a cry baby. Not many people at the school likes her.
Oh Boy

Peoria, IL

#34 Jul 22, 2008
lola wrote:
<quoted text> She is nothing but a cry baby. Not many people at the school likes her.
You have to be one sad person, maybe you should think about how you would feel if this was wrote about you, or your daughter, or sister on here.

lse

Since: Jul 08

Connersville, IN

#35 Jul 22, 2008
In my opinion, it should have been Miss Kara Kanor. She had a smile on her face the whole time. She definately knows how to walk, talk, and play the part. When asked the question, she answered it with ease, and she did not stumble all over herself like some of the other girls did. The answer she gave ..... I could not have done a better job if I had been given a week to think about it. I was way off in my perdictions!
I know your type

Minneapolis, MN

#36 Jul 22, 2008
lola wrote:
<quoted text> She is nothing but a cry baby. Not many people at the school likes her.
Anyone who says this is exactly what they accuse others of being.
HUH

Indianapolis, IN

#37 Jul 22, 2008
lse wrote:
In my opinion, it should have been Miss Kara Kanor. She had a smile on her face the whole time. She definately knows how to walk, talk, and play the part. When asked the question, she answered it with ease, and she did not stumble all over herself like some of the other girls did. The answer she gave ..... I could not have done a better job if I had been given a week to think about it. I was way off in my perdictions!
The Eye Center phone number is eight two five - zero six six zero.
Cards

Muncie, IN

#38 Jul 22, 2008
lse wrote:
In my opinion, it should have been Miss Kara Kanor. She had a smile on her face the whole time. She definately knows how to walk, talk, and play the part. When asked the question, she answered it with ease, and she did not stumble all over herself like some of the other girls did. The answer she gave ..... I could not have done a better job if I had been given a week to think about it. I was way off in my perdictions!
I could not agree with this more. Kara did a very nice job representing herself on stage, and she would have done a fine job representing our community as well. Something Connersville needs...a positive image. I was surprised at the final results as I feel a lot of people were. The results as a whole were not what I expected. It would be interesting to see the scoring sheets. Perhaps the reason girls don't participate in this type of competition as much anymore is because the ones who win sometimes aren't the ones who deserve it. Regardless, the fair will still go on and there is nothing anyone can do to change the results. You have to learn to accept, respect, and move on. Good job to all the contestants and congratulations to the winners. Hopefully everyone enjoys the fair.
sic vis pacum para bellum

Severn, MD

#39 Jul 24, 2008
curious wrote:
no crap. i guess their parents couldnt pay them enough to have lil rockwell win, so they atleast had to make her first loser!(: no really tho, i just cant stand her or her family. soooo. and dont get me wrong alot of them girls are intelligent and are going to do very big things with their lives, but as far as emily being the prettiest? you must not have seen her in real life. she isnt that pretty. promise ya that. there were so many others that were. pics do alot for a girl
u are either blind or jealous....or u got the wrong emily...because ur wrong about emily o'rourke
IDK

Indianapolis, IN

#40 Jul 24, 2008
Cards wrote:
<quoted text>
I could not agree with this more. Kara did a very nice job representing herself on stage, and she would have done a fine job representing our community as well. Something Connersville needs...a positive image. I was surprised at the final results as I feel a lot of people were. The results as a whole were not what I expected. It would be interesting to see the scoring sheets. Perhaps the reason girls don't participate in this type of competition as much anymore is because the ones who win sometimes aren't the ones who deserve it. Regardless, the fair will still go on and there is nothing anyone can do to change the results. You have to learn to accept, respect, and move on. Good job to all the contestants and congratulations to the winners. Hopefully everyone enjoys the fair.
What a sore loser! You're obviously a family member or friend that has sour grapes. Do you see anyone else's family on here whining and crying. Grow up.
VP Employee

Ashburn, VA

#41 Jul 24, 2008
I'd hit it.

Since: Aug 07

Connersville

#42 Jul 24, 2008
Thanks a lot sic vis p p b for lending support toward my opinion that Emily O'Rourke was - by far - the prettiest young lady in the Fair Queen contest. Beautiful.
Her photos are magazine cover-quality with her model-like looks, I think.

Your "blind" or "jealous" possibilities regarding curious are just that - very strong possibilities. On target to the max, imo.

... Fair parade at 2 p.m. Sunday.
If you're into it, find a shady spot on 27th Street, you'll see it all as close up as possible.

... kh

----------
sic vis pacum para bellum wrote:
<quoted text>
u are either blind or jealous....or u got the wrong emily...because ur wrong about emily o'rourke

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
End of the Word Game (Nov '10) 12 min _Zoey_ 10,453
Five letter word game (Jan '11) 13 min _Zoey_ 8,342
Towne Terrance 13 min Coyboy 48
Keep A Word, Drop A Word (Mar '10) 15 min _Zoey_ 13,608
six letter word game (Jan '15) 16 min _Zoey_ 1,014
Darrell Abuchon / Tiffany Dubois 23 min DontTryMe 19
Drug house pleasentview 48 min sign me up 5
New Church Grace 11 hr Wilkes 30

Connersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Connersville Mortgages