Is it Just me

Peoria, IL

#1 Oct 6, 2012
Does anyone else have these red bugs, by the thousands, hanging on your trees, side of your house, etc?? They kinda resemble a lightning bug without the glow part. Any knowledge would be appreciated.
just now

Thorntown, IN

#2 Oct 6, 2012
They've been around for a long time. Always swarm out after the farmer's fields are cut down. They are a type of beetle I believe.
Hate Bugs

Richmond, IN

#3 Oct 6, 2012
Do they look like a lady bug? It's about time for them, they are bean beetles. The stink bugs too have been invading us for the past couple years .... ewwww!
me too

Princeton, IL

#4 Oct 6, 2012
I have them also. They are infested by the 1000's on my tree. Started out as smallbugs and grew looking like fireflys but red. I live in the country, and fields have been cut down. But they do not look like ladybugs now. What are they?
read

Thorntown, IN

#5 Oct 6, 2012
me too wrote:
I have them also. They are infested by the 1000's on my tree. Started out as smallbugs and grew looking like fireflys but red. I live in the country, and fields have been cut down. But they do not look like ladybugs now. What are they?
two different posts above told you they are a type of beetle.
Is it Just me

Peoria, IL

#6 Oct 6, 2012
They're definitely not lady bugs. They remind me of a lightning bug. I live out in the country as well, so it may just have something to do with the crops being harvested. If I could sell them, I'd be rich!!! lol
Farm Girl

Connersville, IN

#7 Oct 6, 2012
They're not bean bugs. They are rounder than the bugs your describing. If they black with red strips and somewhat oval, they are Boxelder beetles.
same

New Lenox, IL

#8 Oct 6, 2012
They were all over in my driveway last week.
Dazed

Goshen, IN

#9 Oct 6, 2012
Two of the Beetles are dead. So there are only two left and I doubt very much that they would be hanging around on trees...............

Since: Nov 12

Simpsonville, SC

#10 Nov 12, 2012
The ones that look like ladybugs but are yellow with black dots are Cucumber beetles.
smokinjax

Pompano Beach, FL

#11 Nov 12, 2012
they are box elder beetles

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Three Word Phrase - Game (May '13) 13 min Vector aka Victor... 2,863
4 Word Phrase - Game (Nov '13) 16 min Vector aka Victor... 1,858
charlottesville 25 min Mr Marin 25
Friendship thread (Feb '13) 26 min texas pete 1,900
**Double Letter Word** game (Jun '11) 38 min Alyssa76 5,056
Five letter word game (Jan '11) 54 min _Zoey_ 7,985
End of the Word Game (Nov '10) 55 min _Zoey_ 9,879
Tiffany Ervin dead from overdose 10 hr Pfft 17

Connersville Jobs

More from around the web