The Gold Finch Brookville Indiana

Posted in the Connersville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 08

Noblesville, IN

#1 Apr 5, 2008
I went to this resturant for dinner this eveing and had terrible service. The fish was cold and not cooked all the way and the owner was rude. When I spoke to the owner of the issues I had he was very rude. About two years ago my family and I had brunch there and it was outstanding. What happened to friendly and prompt service. I beleive that if you go to dinner and pay the price you should receive good service and good food. How was your Experience?

Since: Apr 08

United States

#2 Apr 5, 2008
Dr. Calvin Finch bought it. Don't like it
I Call it Gold Fish Resturant
owner

Elwood, IN

#3 Apr 5, 2008
Maybe he should change the name to " the gold b*tch"

United States

#4 Apr 5, 2008
owner wrote:
Maybe he should change the name to " the gold b*tch"
LOL

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#5 Apr 5, 2008
Are we running out of enough bad things to say about Connersville that we have to start in on Brookville?

“The Internets ain't 4 sissies!”

Since: Oct 07

Connersville, now Greenwood

#6 Apr 5, 2008
Is that the place that used to be the Pioneer?

United States

#7 Apr 5, 2008
keywestgrant wrote:
Is that the place that used to be the Pioneer?
NO its a resturant down by IGA used to be TIES nest to Ford

United States

#8 Apr 5, 2008
Connersvillian wrote:
Are we running out of enough bad things to say about Connersville that we have to start in on Brookville?
Brookville & Frankln Co are just as bad a Connersville and Fayette county
Observer

Edison, NJ

#9 Apr 5, 2008
No they detassel corn there, no food; or was it John Conner was a pioneer?? or was it gold was found in Brookville because we ran out of gold fish in Connersville.......he& &, I'm going to bed, grandkids wore me out today, going to dream about morels or was that morals..........
Gryper

Columbia, MD

#10 Apr 5, 2008
Connersvillian wrote:
I will try the restaurant out and give a full report.As for Brookville and environs they are doing quite well.

Freetown, IN

#11 Apr 5, 2008
I've been there MANY times. I've NEVER had bad service or food. ONE time a freind's steak was not cooked properly and the Mrs. Owner could have not handled any more appropriately. The only problem we have had with them is closing early sometimes.

Not long ago, I ate there with a group of 20 WITHOUT reservations, and it was VERY efficient.

Not denying that you all have had problems, just relaying my own experiences there.
slimmer

Edison, NJ

#12 Apr 6, 2008
Connersvillian wrote:
Amen to you Connersvillian. As for The Gold Finch, I have had nothing but good service everytime I've been there and Dr. Finch is one of the most cordial people I've met. Something must have prompted him to be rude. And no, I am not personal friends with him or politically related, just a patron who enjoys his establishment.
Calina brookville in

Ellicott City, MD

#13 Apr 6, 2008
I have been down there a few times.. I like the chicken.. its pretty yummy.. I only met 2 guys down there.. Jesse and Bryce. Both were GREAT at serving and talking to us while we ate or refilled. Bryce was really funny outgoing while he served and Enjoyed our stay alot.

Once I was down there when a young lady was there.. she was nice but I didnt catch her name. I would definately eat there again on my experience.
a-b-c-

Bradenton, FL

#14 Apr 6, 2008
I ate lunch down there the other day and it was really good. I only suggest they get a salad bar. That would be nice for those of us who like to eat "light" most of the time.
newsjunkie

Pasadena, MD

#15 Apr 6, 2008
i love the fried chicken at the laurel hotel
wondering

United States

#16 Apr 7, 2008
just wondering how is butch miller after his wreck.
transparent

Mishawaka, IN

#17 Apr 7, 2008
Well maybe he was having a bad night but he should never have talked to me the way he did. Basically made it sound like it was not my fault for finding a server to refill our drinks! I will never eat there again and I will nevert ell anyone to eat there.

As for Mr. Finch himself, what an ass!
Old Brookville resident

Palm City, FL

#18 Dec 14, 2008
Remember the good ole' days when it was Thies Restaurant? The food was homemade, every customer was part of the family, and you looked forward to the next day's lunch special.......
It was like going to your mom's house for a good meal.
redneck wife

Connersville, IN

#19 Dec 16, 2008
Connersvillian wrote:
lets mossey on down to brookville.lol
you could never run out of bad things to say about this deadbeat self centered town.if only everyone was like us.lmao
dave

United States

#20 Dec 17, 2008
Okay, let me get this now...you're from Connersville, and you're talking "deadbeat self centered town". AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA A

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phillis 17 min Rdb21151 1
John Conner local symbol of oppression 51 min Set the record st... 5
six letter word game (Jan '15) 57 min Vector aka Victor... 674
Keep A Word, Drop A Word (Mar '10) 59 min Vector aka Victor... 12,920
End of the Word Game (Nov '10) 1 hr Vector aka Victor... 9,874
Tiffany Ervin dead from overdose 1 hr shame 8
Alexis Wylie is a total babe 1 hr Billybob5 6
Support For Mr. Combs 10 hr Mister Friendly 21
Active shooter Mon Jessica Rose aka ... 40

Connersville Jobs