OTs Dating Thread MIA

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#15290 Nov 16, 2012
It is a sad day no more Hostess Twinkies and Ho Hos, dingdongs, fruit pies, Hostess cupcakes lol They are closing their doors.
Hope everyone is having a good day.

“Cluck Cluck”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#15292 Nov 16, 2012
Indy so sorry to hear about your family member passing. I will check out his facebook page. Seems like your family has been hit with death a lot here lately. Keeping you all in my prayers.

Well today I took two huge boxes to this family today. I have never known someone so greatful.

I'm leaving town tomorrow morning to go see my husband this weekend. I can't wait. The kids are holding down the ranch while I'm gone.

I made whole wheat spaghetti with organic sauce and garlic bread tonight for supper. It was so good.

I took my sister and daughter to the movies tonight to see Breaking Dawn Part 2. It was really good. Was really shocking in some parts. Now to wait until next November for the second Hunger Games. If you haven't read these books you really need to. They are so good I just couldn't put them down.

Well gonna go for now. Have a good night and I will check in tomorrow!

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#15293 Nov 17, 2012
Enjoy your time with your husband and whoop it up lol
Thanks for the well wishes for Vernon. He was an intelligence commander before retiring. He was still in the think of tings even after he retired. A great person.
I have a family with six kids across the street and I always give them clothes etc and all I can to help them.
Well Mr. Indy woke me up at 4 am so here I am wide awake. I am sure I will crash after working today. I never get up before the sun does lol

“Power to the people”

Since: Jul 10

Once was Top Secret

#15294 Nov 17, 2012
Hi Indy, The Red Hen, Farm Girl, Lady River, Pam, Milee, Sgt. Snorkel, and all the other fine posters, "Welcome to the weekend".

My turn to make the coffee and tea. I've also made donuts and honeybuns. Enjoy.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#15295 Nov 17, 2012
Concerned_American wrote:
Hi Indy, The Red Hen, Farm Girl, Lady River, Pam, Milee, Sgt. Snorkel, and all the other fine posters, "Welcome to the weekend".
My turn to make the coffee and tea. I've also made donuts and honeybuns. Enjoy.
Gosh I missed your breakfast but did come back for some of the leftovers. Lady River just about ate it all. I couldn't let her do that because I know she is watching her weight and is on a liquid diet right now LMAO I did take Red Hens part because I know she is gone this weekend lol.
Thanks for the vittles
Check out my link above about my relatives flags and look at the pictures to the left of the article. He was a great patriot

“Live, Love, Laugh”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#15297 Nov 17, 2012
Just a quick type by to say hello, and to let LR know that I'm praying for WR and her through this difficult time. God bless you both and your whole family.

Indy sorry for your loss.

RH I hope you have a wonderful safe trip to see your hubby.

Pam I hate cold weather too. God has a since of humor because here we are in Michigan. lol I'm grateful though that Mr Milee has a good job making good money. We are so blessed.

Farmgirl I met a guy from Australia the other day in the Meijer store. I told him I used to watch an Australian show with a girl named Clare in it. For the life of me I could not remember the name of our show. He said was it called "Neighbors?" I said no. He asked if I remembered any other characters names in it and I said no. Just Clare and they killed her off after the second or third
season. He must have thought I was nuts because I couldn't remember anything about the show. Could it be because his accent was so lovely and he called me mate. LMBO! He was to funny.

Waving to Sgt Snorkel and CA. I hope you both are having a joyful weekend.

SD I hope you and your partner are having a good weekend as well.

I've been busy working with a realtor. I went ahead and got us pre-approved to buy a house or condo. That took about an hour. The lady called me back and said to go find myself a mansion. Well there is no way I would ever pay that much money for a house. We just want a nice simple place with at least 2BR and 2 baths, 2 car garage, open concept with at least 1600 sq feet. A finished basement might be a plus as long as it doesn't leak. I'm going to take my time in searching. We need an investment. I'm sick of paying $1425 a month in rent. That's pretty much the normal rental rates up here. I think it's outrageous.
I also started another quilt. It's got some really pretty colors in it. I hope it turns out pretty.
Well back to work.
You all have a blessed evening.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#15298 Nov 17, 2012
Milee wrote:
Just a quick type by to say hello, and to let LR know that I'm praying for WR and her through this difficult time. God bless you both and your whole family.
Indy sorry for your loss.
RH I hope you have a wonderful safe trip to see your hubby.
Pam I hate cold weather too. God has a since of humor because here we are in Michigan. lol I'm grateful though that Mr Milee has a good job making good money. We are so blessed.
Farmgirl I met a guy from Australia the other day in the Meijer store. I told him I used to watch an Australian show with a girl named Clare in it. For the life of me I could not remember the name of our show. He said was it called "Neighbors?" I said no. He asked if I remembered any other characters names in it and I said no. Just Clare and they killed her off after the second or third
season. He must have thought I was nuts because I couldn't remember anything about the show. Could it be because his accent was so lovely and he called me mate. LMBO! He was to funny.
Waving to Sgt Snorkel and CA. I hope you both are having a joyful weekend.
SD I hope you and your partner are having a good weekend as well.
I've been busy working with a realtor. I went ahead and got us pre-approved to buy a house or condo. That took about an hour. The lady called me back and said to go find myself a mansion. Well there is no way I would ever pay that much money for a house. We just want a nice simple place with at least 2BR and 2 baths, 2 car garage, open concept with at least 1600 sq feet. A finished basement might be a plus as long as it doesn't leak. I'm going to take my time in searching. We need an investment. I'm sick of paying $1425 a month in rent. That's pretty much the normal rental rates up here. I think it's outrageous.
I also started another quilt. It's got some really pretty colors in it. I hope it turns out pretty.
Well back to work.
You all have a blessed evening.
Thanks Milee for your kind words.

I think this retirement is suiting you. You could start making quilts and selling them on Ebay or somewhere that way no more hair cutting. "Milee's Quilts of Love" baby quilts, bedspreads twin, queen and king. Just a thought lol
I hope you find the house of your dreams, no homeowner associations ( been there) and lovely neighbors that will go along with the house. Is Ypsilanti a big town???? Is it near Detroit????
I know sense it will be permanent you will miss your family here.
Take a look at my grandson John roping a calf. The link is in my post above. He won first prize. I know I am just so proud of him. He has worked long and hard for this
Take care

“wanna dance?”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#15299 Nov 17, 2012
Hello Everybody. Things here are going along pretty good. I'm feeling LOTS better and thank everyone for the good thoughts and prayers.

Rain is doing better too. She may need to stay in the hospital for a few more days but her Son tells me that she looks a lot better and was even joking with him today. I always tell her that you all send your love and that pleases her so much. I believe that it makes her feel better too!

I made it on the 3 day clear liquid diet better that I thought I'd do. Then tonight I fixed mashed potatoes along with stuffed cabbage and cornbread. It was pretty good too except that I couldn't eat much of it before geting FULL....LOL......but that's a good thing.

We're having company for Thanksgiving next week and I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully I can get up to the 'ville to see Rain towards the first of the month, I miss her and our daily conversations so much. She has a phone but MOST of the time it's out of her reach and she doesn't answer.:( But I keep trying. I've even called the nurses station and had them to go and hand her phone......mybad.

I hope you all have a great weekend. Mine's been pretty good so far and I'm planning to go to Mass in the morning as I've missed the last 2 Sundays. I don't know, but the week seems to be better when you go to church on Sunday. Anyway everyone stay warm and safe. I'm sending big ole ((((HUGS)))) to ALL. God Bless and ciao for now.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#15301 Nov 17, 2012
Lady River wrote:
Hello Everybody. Things here are going along pretty good. I'm feeling LOTS better and thank everyone for the good thoughts and prayers.
Rain is doing better too. She may need to stay in the hospital for a few more days but her Son tells me that she looks a lot better and was even joking with him today. I always tell her that you all send your love and that pleases her so much. I believe that it makes her feel better too!
I made it on the 3 day clear liquid diet better that I thought I'd do. Then tonight I fixed mashed potatoes along with stuffed cabbage and cornbread. It was pretty good too except that I couldn't eat much of it before geting FULL....LOL......but that's a good thing.
We're having company for Thanksgiving next week and I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully I can get up to the 'ville to see Rain towards the first of the month, I miss her and our daily conversations so much. She has a phone but MOST of the time it's out of her reach and she doesn't answer.:( But I keep trying. I've even called the nurses station and had them to go and hand her phone......mybad.
I hope you all have a great weekend. Mine's been pretty good so far and I'm planning to go to Mass in the morning as I've missed the last 2 Sundays. I don't know, but the week seems to be better when you go to church on Sunday. Anyway everyone stay warm and safe. I'm sending big ole ((((HUGS)))) to ALL. God Bless and ciao for now.
Hope to see you soon in the ville girl.Glad White Rain is better too.Glad you are off that liquid diet now and can get back to normal eating of pumpkin rolls, M $M's you know the good stuff lol

“Live, Love, Laugh”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#15302 Nov 17, 2012
LR I'm glad WR is feeling better. And I agree with you, when I go to church my week seems to go better. I also plan on going tomorrow.
RH when I lived in Indianapolis the church I went to always took up food donations. For the people who could afford to buy a complete Thanksgiving dinner for a family, they gave a list of food needed. I bought a large laundry basket and filled it with everything on the list. I then bought other items that I thought the kids would like such as hot chocolate, marshmallows and cookies. I bought a card and even put extra money in it so they could buy their own turkey or ham. I tell you that was one of the funnest things I have ever done. I didn't sign my name to the card. I just signed it saying Happy Thanksgiving!

“Live, Love, Laugh”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#15303 Nov 17, 2012
indycorvette wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Milee for your kind words.
I think this retirement is suiting you. You could start making quilts and selling them on Ebay or somewhere that way no more hair cutting. "Milee's Quilts of Love" baby quilts, bedspreads twin, queen and king. Just a thought lol
I hope you find the house of your dreams, no homeowner associations ( been there) and lovely neighbors that will go along with the house. Is Ypsilanti a big town???? Is it near Detroit????
I know sense it will be permanent you will miss your family here.
Take a look at my grandson John roping a calf. The link is in my post above. He won first prize. I know I am just so proud of him. He has worked long and hard for this
Take care
It's a lot of work making quilts. Not to mention expensive. I'd say if I do anything, I'm kinda interested in real-estate. Maybe I'll go to school for that. My husband thinks I'd be good at it. I'm just still thinking about it.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#15304 Nov 17, 2012
Milee wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a lot of work making quilts. Not to mention expensive. I'd say if I do anything, I'm kinda interested in real-estate. Maybe I'll go to school for that. My husband thinks I'd be good at it. I'm just still thinking about it.
My mom was a real estate broker here. She did all the bids on my dads new custom homes he built and she sold my dads houses and collected the real estate money on them too lol lol. I have a cousin in Mesa, Arizona who sells Real Estate but times are hard right now.
I bet you would be good at it too.
Milee I have always followed my dreams as far as it goes in employment and I have never regretted doing whatever I felt like doing. The wonder was the adventure.

Gosh I just watched the old movie " The Color Purple" What a great film. I always cry during that film.
pam

Franklin, IN

#15305 Nov 17, 2012
Yes,that is a great movie. Here it is 2am and I am watching a great movie also. "The Family Stone" with Diana Keeton. Such a good Christmas movie. Have seen this a bunch of times - even have it on DVD, but it comes on late and I have to stay up and watch it! Uggg, on well don't have to work in am. Just Colts game on TV all I have scheduled to do tomorrow. Love this movie.


Since I am still up I will get the coffee ready, tea on the counter. Blueberry and apple cinnamon muffins are still warm. Enjoy.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#15306 Nov 18, 2012
pam wrote:
Yes,that is a great movie. Here it is 2am and I am watching a great movie also. "The Family Stone" with Diana Keeton. Such a good Christmas movie. Have seen this a bunch of times - even have it on DVD, but it comes on late and I have to stay up and watch it! Uggg, on well don't have to work in am. Just Colts game on TV all I have scheduled to do tomorrow. Love this movie.
Since I am still up I will get the coffee ready, tea on the counter. Blueberry and apple cinnamon muffins are still warm. Enjoy.
Thanks Pam for the breakfast. I got up late because I staid up late like you did lol. "The Family Stone" is a good one too but my favorite is an old one called " Grapes of Wrath" I still cry when I watch that one. I cried over "Color Purple" too. Whoever put that movie together did a great job with the actors.
Have a good restful Sunday. I am still in my jammies

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#15307 Nov 18, 2012
Milee wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a lot of work making quilts. Not to mention expensive. I'd say if I do anything, I'm kinda interested in real-estate. Maybe I'll go to school for that. My husband thinks I'd be good at it. I'm just still thinking about it.
One more thought. Really sit down and think back many years and think of what you really dreamed of being and don't let that get past you. Take care and have a good Sunday

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#15308 Nov 19, 2012
Talked to Lady River yesterday and White Rain is doing better but will still have to stay in the hospital but don't know how long.
I wish she could get back on here and do some performances lol. Her and Lady River have such great humor together.

“Cluck Cluck”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#15309 Nov 19, 2012
Hey everyone! I'm back, had a nice weekend and I miss him already! Can't wait til Wednesday. I believe I will stay up to meet him this week.

I have a 13 pound turkey that's been in my fridge since Friday. Its not even began to thaw. Any suggestions! I need to get it in the brine today! We are having a big meal. All my family is coming so I am cooking for 19 and any stragglers that fall in. I am doing both turkey and ham. I bought one of those honey glazed baked or whaterver hams. My Grandma always had one at Christmas. Mom is baking pies that is all we let her do. She made a fuss until we told her she could do those. Says she isn't coming unless she can bring something. lol So we caved on the pies. My little sister is coming down to help cook. But it will mostly be me and my daughter in the kitchen. I do believe that this year I am teaching my son how to do the turkey. I make everything from scratch including the cranberry sauce. For one its alot cheaper and 2 its just better!

Milee, I find alot of quilt fabric at yard sales and fle markets. That saves a lot of money. I have actually found finished quilt tops at some. People clean out grandmas house and either don't know what they are or don't know how to put them together and just put $1 on them not knowing the time, effort, and love that was put into them. so when I see them I buy them up. Just thnking about my kids doing that would kill me. So I finish them. I have a pink one on the back of my couch now that my husband found for me. So their precious work wasn't done in vain. Its keeping us warm.

I'm flad WR is doing better. Sometimes I just ignore my phone when its outta my reach as well!

Everyone have a good day. I will check in later!

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#15310 Nov 19, 2012
Sometimes I do that with the turkey and have to put it in warm water to get it to thaw faster. The worst is getting the frozen giblets out lol. I cook my turkey in a bag and it really cuts down the cooking time to about 2 1/2 hours for 18 to 20 pound if I remember right. I also make my dressing after the turkey is done and pour the broth in the dressing . That cuts cooking time too.

Heck some friends and us are just going out to eat this year lol. Old Richmond Inn. I have never tried their Thanksgiving dinners but will try once and see how it is.
Now as far as your husband goes doesn't the absence make the heart grow fonder?? Whoopie

“Live, Love, Laugh”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#15311 Nov 19, 2012
Pam I love to watch Diane Keaton (sp). She is so funny.
Welcome back home RH. Glad you got to see the hubby. As for Thanksgiving are you sure you and the hubby aren't makin' bacon instead of turkey? Har! Just kidding! Although Rachael Ray says everything tastes better with bacon.(lol)
Ok so I thought real-estate might be nice but then I thought how much I hate the thought of going back to school. Yuck...... I've had enough school.
At least thats how I feel about it today. But I'm not feeling that great today. I'm trying not to let it ruin my night.

“Cluck Cluck”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#15312 Nov 19, 2012
Milee, I'm sure some bacon will be makin on Thanksgiving! lmbo! ;)

Cleaned house all day but I'm still not finished!
Got to clean up a little more outside tomorrow. I opened all my windows today and let the house air out. It was nice!

Chicken Breast sandwiches and Mac and Cheese for supper. It was an easy night for me and my girl!

Getting ready to watch Part 2 of The Dust Bowl on PBS with my daughter. I have a secret, I love PBS! I watch it all the time!

Talk to you all in the morning! I will be up bright and early to collect the eggs!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Towne Terrace #2 4 min Yesser 21
free heron 6 min Rock 7
New to connersville 11 min Yeh I said it 26
Free hamburger meat 20 min Rock 1
Jordan gets Union Cty Judge 32 min Rock 4
Wayne Crabtree 50 min Sad 107
Alex Showalter, Isaacs, Becraft, Shanes, Barret... 53 min justsaying 12

Connersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Connersville Mortgages