Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Praying for White Rain. Such a heartbreak.

God's Will Be Done!

“"Perception IS reality"”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Here's a shout out to you White Rain to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers. ZOOT! ZOOT! ZOOTS! for you and Lady River.

Red Hen, just that you would take mature deliberation in your moral questioning is an indication that you will do what is right in your heart. Hope your daughter is getting over the cooties sooner than later.

This is just between us chickens but I'm so behind on a deadline I'm avoiding the boss. Yep, that's bad 'cause I am the boss. Observer was always so good at kicking my procrastinating behind into gear so who wants the job? hee

I'll leave the light on and good night papa wherever you are.

“Cluck Cluck”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Went to bed early and up early. The coffe is on and there is pumpkin roll, dounuts, and fruit. Also some peanutbutter fudge lol

Last night I really got a wake up call. I was talking to a lady I know last night that is always doing for others. Making sure people have clothes, shoes, etc. She is currently going back to school for her degree. We were just chit chatting and Thanksgiving came up. I have planned and been planning for a month for dinner. My entire family will be here at the chicken ranch and we plan to have ham, turkey, potatoes, stuffing, cranberry, rolls, sweet potato casserole, roasted root veggies, etc, etc, etc. You know, tooo much for any family to eat. Not to mention the countless pies and cakes that everyone will bring in. Well anyway she mentioned that things were not so well for her and her family and that they were planning to make a big pot of chili. Girls, my heart broke. I started crying as did my daughter. Well, I called the husband and told him. So today me , my daughter, and mother are going shopping and buying everything for this family to have a Thanksgiving meal. It really woke me up. Here we guilty of not being satisfied with what we have and always wanting and getting more and our own neighbors are doing without or barely scraping by. I know her husband is as proud as mine so there is no way they would ever come to my house to eat but maybe by doing this we will be able to enjoy our own meal next Thursday and be just a little more thankful.

Yesterday was my little sisters birthday. I am taking her to see the last Twilight movie tonight. She's not so little anymore but she will always be my little sister. I can't wait to see this movie. We have been waiting all year!

FG my daughter is finally feeling better. I think that dorm just breeds illness! It doesn't help that the child hadn't done laundry since the last time she was home so I'm sure all her sick germs had been growing and growing in that room. One thing I have realized, both her and her roommate are little piggys! I clean that room everytime I go up there! When I take her back I plan to take a mop this time and give that room a good scrubbing. Last time I brought home not only a car load of dirty laundry but a dishwasher load of dirty dishes and a hermit crab. Oh, the things we do for these kids! I told her last night that I didn't think she would ever be able to live on her own. I most likely wouldn't fine her inside of whatever house she was in.

Going to see the husband this weekend. I've got to take more fudge to the guys he works with. I can't wait to leave and just get away for a little bit. He's in PA right now. So I have about a 5 hour drive. Will be good for a change of scenery. Hope I don't get lost. I guess if I make it to the ocean I will just stay there.

Well, everyone have a nice day. Gonna be nice and just keep getting nicer I seen. 60 on Thanksgiving!! Gotta get the Christmas lights up during this warm weather so I'm not out there doing it in the cold!

Take care all, Prayers for WR and LR

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

My Gosh you just keep sneaking the pumpkin roll word in here and making my mouth water lol.
Gosh you have your hands full. Every year at Christmas when I lived in Arizona My son worked as a supervisor of group homes then while he was going to college. He would have about 6 or 7 clients that family's did not come to get for Christmas so he would bring them to my house because he wanted to let his staff go home for Christmas. He would get a van and go around to the homes that had people still there and bring them all to my house. Sometimes we would all go out to eat.
I had one of those 3 piece sectionals with a recliner on each end then. I had two tables to eat from but it still wasn't enough room for everyone so some of the guys and girls ate in the living room on the sofa. I went into the living room once and saw two of them shoving the food they didn't want right under my recliner while it was pushed out. I just fell to my knees laughing so hard then scolded them and made them get under there and pick it up. We laughed about that for a few Christmases. Some of my family were a little scared of the developmental challenged but they soon got over that and if there were any behaviors my son and I were skilled enough to handle them. One year we took all of them , about 8, out to the Kings Table which is like the Golden Corral and people kept starring at them. I finally went over to this group that were not only starring but laughing at them. I softly said " but for the grace of God there go you" It took them a few minutes to digest what I said and then they apologized. I loved every minute watching the clients smiling faces when they had a good meal for Christmas.
I do the same here. We always make too much so I invite the people next door who have 6 kids, mother , father and grandmother to come and fill their plates. They are tickled to get it. They always try to do something nice back but I always tell them that is not needed.
I am looking forward to another nice big old Christmas dinner this year and sharing with my neighbor.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

It is a sad day no more Hostess Twinkies and Ho Hos, dingdongs, fruit pies, Hostess cupcakes lol They are closing their doors.
Hope everyone is having a good day.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

I just found out a family member has passed in Texas. He was a great patriotic man. We worked on genealogy together for the Rush family.
This is an article about a wonderful person Vernon Drewa. and he has a facebook page called Vernons flags
R.I.P. Vernon

http://www.wfaa.com/community/Keller-Vets-rai...

“Cluck Cluck”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Indy so sorry to hear about your family member passing. I will check out his facebook page. Seems like your family has been hit with death a lot here lately. Keeping you all in my prayers.

Well today I took two huge boxes to this family today. I have never known someone so greatful.

I'm leaving town tomorrow morning to go see my husband this weekend. I can't wait. The kids are holding down the ranch while I'm gone.

I made whole wheat spaghetti with organic sauce and garlic bread tonight for supper. It was so good.

I took my sister and daughter to the movies tonight to see Breaking Dawn Part 2. It was really good. Was really shocking in some parts. Now to wait until next November for the second Hunger Games. If you haven't read these books you really need to. They are so good I just couldn't put them down.

Well gonna go for now. Have a good night and I will check in tomorrow!

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Enjoy your time with your husband and whoop it up lol
Thanks for the well wishes for Vernon. He was an intelligence commander before retiring. He was still in the think of tings even after he retired. A great person.
I have a family with six kids across the street and I always give them clothes etc and all I can to help them.
Well Mr. Indy woke me up at 4 am so here I am wide awake. I am sure I will crash after working today. I never get up before the sun does lol

“Power to the people”

Since: Jul 10

Once was Top Secret

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Hi Indy, The Red Hen, Farm Girl, Lady River, Pam, Milee, Sgt. Snorkel, and all the other fine posters, "Welcome to the weekend".

My turn to make the coffee and tea. I've also made donuts and honeybuns. Enjoy.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Concerned_American wrote:
Hi Indy, The Red Hen, Farm Girl, Lady River, Pam, Milee, Sgt. Snorkel, and all the other fine posters, "Welcome to the weekend".
My turn to make the coffee and tea. I've also made donuts and honeybuns. Enjoy.
Gosh I missed your breakfast but did come back for some of the leftovers. Lady River just about ate it all. I couldn't let her do that because I know she is watching her weight and is on a liquid diet right now LMAO I did take Red Hens part because I know she is gone this weekend lol.
Thanks for the vittles
Check out my link above about my relatives flags and look at the pictures to the left of the article. He was a great patriot

“Live, Love, Laugh”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Just a quick type by to say hello, and to let LR know that I'm praying for WR and her through this difficult time. God bless you both and your whole family.

Indy sorry for your loss.

RH I hope you have a wonderful safe trip to see your hubby.

Pam I hate cold weather too. God has a since of humor because here we are in Michigan. lol I'm grateful though that Mr Milee has a good job making good money. We are so blessed.

Farmgirl I met a guy from Australia the other day in the Meijer store. I told him I used to watch an Australian show with a girl named Clare in it. For the life of me I could not remember the name of our show. He said was it called "Neighbors?" I said no. He asked if I remembered any other characters names in it and I said no. Just Clare and they killed her off after the second or third
season. He must have thought I was nuts because I couldn't remember anything about the show. Could it be because his accent was so lovely and he called me mate. LMBO! He was to funny.

Waving to Sgt Snorkel and CA. I hope you both are having a joyful weekend.

SD I hope you and your partner are having a good weekend as well.

I've been busy working with a realtor. I went ahead and got us pre-approved to buy a house or condo. That took about an hour. The lady called me back and said to go find myself a mansion. Well there is no way I would ever pay that much money for a house. We just want a nice simple place with at least 2BR and 2 baths, 2 car garage, open concept with at least 1600 sq feet. A finished basement might be a plus as long as it doesn't leak. I'm going to take my time in searching. We need an investment. I'm sick of paying $1425 a month in rent. That's pretty much the normal rental rates up here. I think it's outrageous.
I also started another quilt. It's got some really pretty colors in it. I hope it turns out pretty.
Well back to work.
You all have a blessed evening.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Milee wrote:
Just a quick type by to say hello, and to let LR know that I'm praying for WR and her through this difficult time. God bless you both and your whole family.
Indy sorry for your loss.
RH I hope you have a wonderful safe trip to see your hubby.
Pam I hate cold weather too. God has a since of humor because here we are in Michigan. lol I'm grateful though that Mr Milee has a good job making good money. We are so blessed.
Farmgirl I met a guy from Australia the other day in the Meijer store. I told him I used to watch an Australian show with a girl named Clare in it. For the life of me I could not remember the name of our show. He said was it called "Neighbors?" I said no. He asked if I remembered any other characters names in it and I said no. Just Clare and they killed her off after the second or third
season. He must have thought I was nuts because I couldn't remember anything about the show. Could it be because his accent was so lovely and he called me mate. LMBO! He was to funny.
Waving to Sgt Snorkel and CA. I hope you both are having a joyful weekend.
SD I hope you and your partner are having a good weekend as well.
I've been busy working with a realtor. I went ahead and got us pre-approved to buy a house or condo. That took about an hour. The lady called me back and said to go find myself a mansion. Well there is no way I would ever pay that much money for a house. We just want a nice simple place with at least 2BR and 2 baths, 2 car garage, open concept with at least 1600 sq feet. A finished basement might be a plus as long as it doesn't leak. I'm going to take my time in searching. We need an investment. I'm sick of paying $1425 a month in rent. That's pretty much the normal rental rates up here. I think it's outrageous.
I also started another quilt. It's got some really pretty colors in it. I hope it turns out pretty.
Well back to work.
You all have a blessed evening.
Thanks Milee for your kind words.

I think this retirement is suiting you. You could start making quilts and selling them on Ebay or somewhere that way no more hair cutting. "Milee's Quilts of Love" baby quilts, bedspreads twin, queen and king. Just a thought lol
I hope you find the house of your dreams, no homeowner associations ( been there) and lovely neighbors that will go along with the house. Is Ypsilanti a big town???? Is it near Detroit????
I know sense it will be permanent you will miss your family here.
Take a look at my grandson John roping a calf. The link is in my post above. He won first prize. I know I am just so proud of him. He has worked long and hard for this
Take care

“wanna dance?”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Hello Everybody. Things here are going along pretty good. I'm feeling LOTS better and thank everyone for the good thoughts and prayers.

Rain is doing better too. She may need to stay in the hospital for a few more days but her Son tells me that she looks a lot better and was even joking with him today. I always tell her that you all send your love and that pleases her so much. I believe that it makes her feel better too!

I made it on the 3 day clear liquid diet better that I thought I'd do. Then tonight I fixed mashed potatoes along with stuffed cabbage and cornbread. It was pretty good too except that I couldn't eat much of it before geting FULL....LOL......but that's a good thing.

We're having company for Thanksgiving next week and I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully I can get up to the 'ville to see Rain towards the first of the month, I miss her and our daily conversations so much. She has a phone but MOST of the time it's out of her reach and she doesn't answer.:( But I keep trying. I've even called the nurses station and had them to go and hand her phone......mybad.

I hope you all have a great weekend. Mine's been pretty good so far and I'm planning to go to Mass in the morning as I've missed the last 2 Sundays. I don't know, but the week seems to be better when you go to church on Sunday. Anyway everyone stay warm and safe. I'm sending big ole ((((HUGS)))) to ALL. God Bless and ciao for now.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Lady River wrote:
Hello Everybody. Things here are going along pretty good. I'm feeling LOTS better and thank everyone for the good thoughts and prayers.
Rain is doing better too. She may need to stay in the hospital for a few more days but her Son tells me that she looks a lot better and was even joking with him today. I always tell her that you all send your love and that pleases her so much. I believe that it makes her feel better too!
I made it on the 3 day clear liquid diet better that I thought I'd do. Then tonight I fixed mashed potatoes along with stuffed cabbage and cornbread. It was pretty good too except that I couldn't eat much of it before geting FULL....LOL......but that's a good thing.
We're having company for Thanksgiving next week and I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully I can get up to the 'ville to see Rain towards the first of the month, I miss her and our daily conversations so much. She has a phone but MOST of the time it's out of her reach and she doesn't answer.:( But I keep trying. I've even called the nurses station and had them to go and hand her phone......mybad.
I hope you all have a great weekend. Mine's been pretty good so far and I'm planning to go to Mass in the morning as I've missed the last 2 Sundays. I don't know, but the week seems to be better when you go to church on Sunday. Anyway everyone stay warm and safe. I'm sending big ole ((((HUGS)))) to ALL. God Bless and ciao for now.
Hope to see you soon in the ville girl.Glad White Rain is better too.Glad you are off that liquid diet now and can get back to normal eating of pumpkin rolls, M $M's you know the good stuff lol

“Live, Love, Laugh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

LR I'm glad WR is feeling better. And I agree with you, when I go to church my week seems to go better. I also plan on going tomorrow.
RH when I lived in Indianapolis the church I went to always took up food donations. For the people who could afford to buy a complete Thanksgiving dinner for a family, they gave a list of food needed. I bought a large laundry basket and filled it with everything on the list. I then bought other items that I thought the kids would like such as hot chocolate, marshmallows and cookies. I bought a card and even put extra money in it so they could buy their own turkey or ham. I tell you that was one of the funnest things I have ever done. I didn't sign my name to the card. I just signed it saying Happy Thanksgiving!

“Live, Love, Laugh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

indycorvette wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Milee for your kind words.
I think this retirement is suiting you. You could start making quilts and selling them on Ebay or somewhere that way no more hair cutting. "Milee's Quilts of Love" baby quilts, bedspreads twin, queen and king. Just a thought lol
I hope you find the house of your dreams, no homeowner associations ( been there) and lovely neighbors that will go along with the house. Is Ypsilanti a big town???? Is it near Detroit????
I know sense it will be permanent you will miss your family here.
Take a look at my grandson John roping a calf. The link is in my post above. He won first prize. I know I am just so proud of him. He has worked long and hard for this
Take care
It's a lot of work making quilts. Not to mention expensive. I'd say if I do anything, I'm kinda interested in real-estate. Maybe I'll go to school for that. My husband thinks I'd be good at it. I'm just still thinking about it.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Milee wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a lot of work making quilts. Not to mention expensive. I'd say if I do anything, I'm kinda interested in real-estate. Maybe I'll go to school for that. My husband thinks I'd be good at it. I'm just still thinking about it.
My mom was a real estate broker here. She did all the bids on my dads new custom homes he built and she sold my dads houses and collected the real estate money on them too lol lol. I have a cousin in Mesa, Arizona who sells Real Estate but times are hard right now.
I bet you would be good at it too.
Milee I have always followed my dreams as far as it goes in employment and I have never regretted doing whatever I felt like doing. The wonder was the adventure.

Gosh I just watched the old movie " The Color Purple" What a great film. I always cry during that film.
pam

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Yes,that is a great movie. Here it is 2am and I am watching a great movie also. "The Family Stone" with Diana Keeton. Such a good Christmas movie. Have seen this a bunch of times - even have it on DVD, but it comes on late and I have to stay up and watch it! Uggg, on well don't have to work in am. Just Colts game on TV all I have scheduled to do tomorrow. Love this movie.

Since I am still up I will get the coffee ready, tea on the counter. Blueberry and apple cinnamon muffins are still warm. Enjoy.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

pam wrote:
Yes,that is a great movie. Here it is 2am and I am watching a great movie also. "The Family Stone" with Diana Keeton. Such a good Christmas movie. Have seen this a bunch of times - even have it on DVD, but it comes on late and I have to stay up and watch it! Uggg, on well don't have to work in am. Just Colts game on TV all I have scheduled to do tomorrow. Love this movie.
Since I am still up I will get the coffee ready, tea on the counter. Blueberry and apple cinnamon muffins are still warm. Enjoy.
Thanks Pam for the breakfast. I got up late because I staid up late like you did lol. "The Family Stone" is a good one too but my favorite is an old one called " Grapes of Wrath" I still cry when I watch that one. I cried over "Color Purple" too. Whoever put that movie together did a great job with the actors.
Have a good restful Sunday. I am still in my jammies

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Milee wrote:
<quoted text>
One more thought. Really sit down and think back many years and think of what you really dreamed of being and don't let that get past you. Take care and have a good Sunday

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 15,041 - 15,060 of17,522
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

169 Users are viewing the Connersville Forum right now

Search the Connersville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
4 Word Phrase - Game 32 min 75 Scorpio 557
So what office are you running for? 34 min Rufus 3
Fayette Central Sewer System Fully Clogged 59 min PlumBob 1
Trees Cut Down on Courthouse Lawn 1 hr Andrew 15
End of the Word Game (Nov '10) 1 hr 75 Scorpio 6,015
connersville gas price 1 hr funny 6
jeni jones (Oct '13) 2 hr haha 22
Lying Mayor 2 hr Bray Wyatt 68
Cody Day 3 hr Resident 2