the fireman who to took his owwn life ...?

Posted in the Connersville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
courious local

Bayside, NY

#1 Sep 23, 2008
I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT A LOCAL FIREMAN OR VOL. FIREMAN WHO TOOK HIS LIFE LAST NIGHT? I WAS OVER HEARING SOME LADYS TALK THIS MORNING AND THAT ALL I GOT OF IT, SO DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS?
AAA

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Sep 23, 2008
I read that somewhere in Indiana a fireman was on his way to a fire at his own father's home and was killed in a car wreck. It definitely wasn't around here though.
Busy Bee

Liberty, IN

#3 Sep 23, 2008
Yes it was true, but in all respect for the family let's please not discuss or bash any names or family member's.
I'm not saying anyone has but we all know give it some time and someone will. I'm so so so very sorry for the family.
Prayer

Connersville, IN

#4 Sep 23, 2008
My thought's do go out to the family!
AAA

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Sep 23, 2008
Was it a city fireman or a volunteer? If a volunteer, from what area?

How sad! I just cannot imagine the despair someone must feel to think that suicide is their only option.
Rain man

United States

#6 Sep 23, 2008
CHARLESTOWN, Ind.(AP) Police say a southern Indiana man driving to his father's burning house was killed in a crash with a 17-year-old cadet firefighter.
Clark County Coroner Edwin Coots says 25-year-old Nicholas R. Cross of Hibernia died at the scene of the crash about five miles from his father's home Monday morning.
Police say Cross was headed to his father's home, where a fire had been reported about 11 a.m. The two vehicles collided at a rural intersection near Charlestown.
The Clark County Sheriff's Department did not release the name of the Washington Township Fire Department cadet. They said he was taken to University Hospital in Louisville, where he was in stable condition.
Indiana State Police are investigating the crash.

-The Associated Press September 23, 2008
fireman

United States

#7 Sep 23, 2008
It was Devin Huntsman from Connersville Fire Department. So sad. Please keep the family in
your prayers
a-b-c

Sayville, NY

#8 Sep 23, 2008
fireman wrote:
It was Devin Huntsman from Connersville Fire Department. So sad. Please keep the family in
your prayers
What happened?? Are you serious??
so sad

Elizabeth, NJ

#9 Sep 23, 2008
a-b-c wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened?? Are you serious??
yes that is who it was. he took his own life.
please have respect for this family i can't even begin to imagine what they are going thru.
my prayers go out to them.
AAA

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Sep 23, 2008
Death notice on Urban Funeral Home site. Do NOT go off on a tangent about Urban. Not on this thread.
a-b-c

Sayville, NY

#11 Sep 23, 2008
OMG I have known Devin for years! Thank you for telling me. I didn't know yet. I am soooo sorry for his family. I have to make a call...

Everyone please pray for his family!!!!
j jr

United States

#12 Sep 23, 2008
went to school most of my life with him.so sorry for all the family,god bless.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#13 Sep 23, 2008
There were so many other paths do go down. I pray for his family. Please comfort them.

Since: Sep 08

Cleveland, OH

#14 Sep 23, 2008
yes, his daughter has been my best friend for many many years, we didnt see much of eachother the past couple years but started to talk more and she told me this morning about her father, Devin. He was a great dad, and i hold him and his family in my prayers.

Since: Mar 08

Connersville

#15 Sep 23, 2008
OH!!!

I went to school with Devin and worked with his brother Kenny for a good while!!

How sad.....

My families thoughts and prayers are with his family!!!
jeremy

Sun Prairie, WI

#16 Sep 23, 2008
devon was my girlfriends father and he was a great man who just had a lot of problems plz pray 4 their family
Busy Bee

Liberty, IN

#17 Sep 23, 2008
jeremy wrote:
devon was my girlfriends father and he was a great man who just had a lot of problems plz pray 4 their family
... Im so sorry for this family and any family who goes threw such a tragedy.
mom b

United States

#18 Sep 23, 2008
I hope everyone will keep him, his family, and his friends in their thoughts and prayers. No one needs to ask any questions about this, it's no one's business but his families and all should respect that please.
j jr

United States

#19 Sep 23, 2008
the fact that devon had problems or not is irrelevant,he has passed on and it is so sad.i know some of the family and they are good people godley people who with the help of god will get through this.
Former Oldtimer

Springfield, IL

#20 Sep 23, 2008
Having lost my son earlier this year, I know what heartache the family will be feeling. Devon and my son graduated together. My son died under different circumstances, and I can only imagine how grief stricken his family is. Like someone on here said, it doesn't matter how a person dies, what is important is that they are gone and the family deserves to grieve in private. I pray for peace for their entire family. May God hold them in His arms and comfort them during this terribly difficult time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A conversation (Oct '13) 11 min That Woman 1,073
say goodbye to ISIS/ISIL 14 min Two Cents 47
did Urban/Council know about Stant moving ? 15 min Ring of honor 15
Let Them Die 2 41 min Headache 2
tosha allen/arlin spivey 58 min none ya 1
Stant relocating to Michigan 1 hr pay back time 22
Friendship thread (Feb '13) 2 hr indycorvette 1,279
OTs Dating Thread # 6 (Aug '13) 3 hr DAISY CRUSADER 4,929
Local biz owners need attitude adjustment 9 hr cmariesmith1975 30
Connersville Dating