Toyota Motor Manufacturing Jobs-Georg...

Toyota Motor Manufacturing Jobs-Georgetown, KY

Posted in the Connersville Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Spartan Pride

United States

#1 Oct 18, 2009
Lot of temp to perm jobs at Toyota Motor Manufacturing in Georgetown,KY, through Kelly Services in Georgetown. I have been there 2 weeks, making $15.63 an hour, full benefit package, paid holidays, vacations. They pay for safety boots and shirts. Hardest work I have ever done, hot, dirty, extremely fast paced. Some of the nicest people I have ever worked with, always willing to help. They start you out slow, with work place conditioning, stretching and exercises, 2 week ramp up to 100 percent of work rate. They believe safety first, quality second, production 3rd Will make $27 an hour plus bonuses when I get hired permanent. 7.5 million square feet of plant, 7700 employees. You have to carry a map the first couple weeks, it is a city under roof. They can't keep temps because of the conditions, hiring every week. Overtime everyday 1 or 2 hours depending on department, working this Saturday, mandatory OT. 125 miles from Connersville on 75, just north of Lexington.
way to go

United States

#2 Oct 18, 2009
Congratulations Spartan Pride,do you drive that every day?
Spartan Pride

United States

#3 Oct 19, 2009
No, my sister and brother-in-law live in Georgetown, come home on the weekends.
lil me

Ashburn, VA

#4 Oct 19, 2009
I understand it is company policy to give high school and college age kids of employees guaranteed summer jobs as well,if they want them and can do the work. True?
Spartan Pride

United States

#5 Oct 19, 2009
They didn't this summer because business was so slow, normally that is policy. They had all of the temps laid-off and brought employees in from Indiana and Texas that were not active in producing cars. They paid them living expenses plus extra incentives. Georgetown is now sending team members to San Antonio to help launch Tacoma.
looking

Harvard, MA

#6 Oct 19, 2009
Spartan Pride wrote:
Lot of temp to perm jobs at Toyota Motor Manufacturing in Georgetown,KY, through Kelly Services in Georgetown. I have been there 2 weeks, making $15.63 an hour, full benefit package, paid holidays, vacations. They pay for safety boots and shirts. Hardest work I have ever done, hot, dirty, extremely fast paced. Some of the nicest people I have ever worked with, always willing to help. They start you out slow, with work place conditioning, stretching and exercises, 2 week ramp up to 100 percent of work rate. They believe safety first, quality second, production 3rd Will make $27 an hour plus bonuses when I get hired permanent. 7.5 million square feet of plant, 7700 employees. You have to carry a map the first couple weeks, it is a city under roof. They can't keep temps because of the conditions, hiring every week. Overtime everyday 1 or 2 hours depending on department, working this Saturday, mandatory OT. 125 miles from Connersville on 75, just north of Lexington.
Can you give me the address and/or number for the place?
whatever

Connersville, IN

#7 Oct 19, 2009
hey spartan pride you would not happen to be a former electrician at visteon with intials C.F.?
Spartan Pride

Anderson, SC

#8 Oct 22, 2009
Go to Toyota Motor Manufacturing,Kentucky web site. Check the pull down menu for Careers. Click on careers and then temporary jobs, this will take you to the Kelly Services site.
Spartan Pride

Anderson, SC

#9 Oct 22, 2009
Go to the TMMK website to careers and temporary jobs, tthis will take you to Kelly Services site
Spartan Pride

Anderson, SC

#10 Oct 22, 2009
Yes CF in KY during the work week
comprende

Ashburn, VA

#12 Oct 22, 2009
Spartan Pride wrote:
LMAO! What a sissy. I hope you move and stay away!
Dont Ruin It

Johnstown, OH

#13 Oct 22, 2009
By the way all you great union supporters Toyota is not a union shop and they will not put up with any union crap either, so don't go down there and think it is the same old visteon and you deserve better, they beleive it is a privilege for you to be there. just remember what killed visteon, THE UNION and lazy workers
scientific

United States

#14 Oct 22, 2009
Unions ALWAYS end up killing themselves. Global manufacturing and unions do not mix. Union leadership never saw it coming...but, then, when the leadership are high school dropouts...well, you get what you pay for...
Yeah

Ashburn, VA

#15 Oct 22, 2009
Spartan Pride wrote:
Are you gay? You carry yourself that way.
Sloan

Richmond, IN

#16 Oct 23, 2009
Do you have any idea how long it will be before you are hired permanetly?
Stop The Madness

Britton, MI

#17 Oct 24, 2009
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you gay? You carry yourself that way.
Here is a person who is trying to help the jobless in this town find work and you attack him? You're not worth it.
Spartan Pride

United States

#18 Oct 24, 2009
Some worked up to three years before becoming permanent, but during that time you have full Toyota benefits.
I apologize

Severn, MD

#19 Oct 24, 2009
Stop The Madness wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a person who is trying to help the jobless in this town find work and you attack him? You're not worth it.
You are right because Connersville would be better off if the Visteon Connertuckians left this area.

Is his creep brother-in-law down there with him?
Spartan Pride

United States

#20 Oct 25, 2009
As far as I know there are three of us from Visteon raising the bar for Toyota. Myself, Roger Creech and Brent Hobson. Hair folical drug test would eliminate a lot of our former co-workers, it goes back 10 years.
LMAO

Severn, MD

#21 Oct 26, 2009
Raising the bar with Chrissy Friend and Roger Creech? LMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fayette county roads 2 min Ricky Jim and Sid 7
Keep A Word, Drop A Word (Mar '10) 2 hr Red_Forman 11,983
Word Association Game (Jan '10) 3 hr Red_Forman 5,812
more chip and seal money 9 hr Beau2016 9
Five letter word game (Jan '11) 9 hr Fairydust 7,330
New store coming to Connersville 11 hr Pickles 14
County Q&A Public Meeting 14 hr Al Bion 40

Connersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance