Connersville, IN

#2 Dec 6, 2012
visteon worker wrote:
Got my check today..
Got mine plus my foodstamps and welfare check
doubtful

Thorntown, IN

#3 Dec 6, 2012
I don't believe the checks were to even been mailed out before December 7th, at the earliest. So, what makes you so special that you got yours today?
Friend

Goshen, IN

#4 Dec 6, 2012
Hell, I got one and I never even worked there.
former Visteon

Wakarusa, IN

#5 Dec 7, 2012
Friend : THAT POSSIBILITY is why the banks are gonna HOLD, for 10 days, all of these checks before honoring them. No doubt some fraud somewhere. As well, some will be overpaid too. The banks figure Fidelity Investments will CATCH THAT within 10 days of issuance and STOP PAYMENT of the check. Some of these checks have POWERFUL amounts on them !
former Visteon too

Connersville, IN

#6 Dec 7, 2012
former Visteon wrote:
Friend : THAT POSSIBILITY is why the banks are gonna HOLD, for 10 days, all of these checks before honoring them. No doubt some fraud somewhere. As well, some will be overpaid too. The banks figure Fidelity Investments will CATCH THAT within 10 days of issuance and STOP PAYMENT of the check. Some of these checks have POWERFUL amounts on them !
"POWERFUL amounts"????? LMAO!!!!! You're a fcking idiot!!!!!
trueblue

Chicago, IL

#7 Dec 7, 2012
Some have started receiving their checks, powerful amounts? well some may have gotten a years wages but if they blow it, its not worth much. As far as welfare people... you might want to see how that will work out for you...
Wally

Goshen, IN

#8 Dec 7, 2012
Walmart is gonna be hoppin' now, boys!!
Dave

Connersville, IN

#9 Dec 7, 2012
Got mine and it had the mayor as a co-payee! WTF!!!
just for my info

United States

#10 Dec 7, 2012
What are the checks for?
just wanta know

United States

#11 Dec 7, 2012
Why do some of them have powerful amounts?
Cosmic Eye

Connersville, IN

#12 Dec 7, 2012
just for my info wrote:
What are the checks for?
Even though the News Examiner saw fit to blast the contractual retirement particulars all over the front page, and don't think we have forgoten who was directly responsible for that, the real answer to your question is IT'S NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS!!!
How would you like it if all of your retirement issues were plastered on the front page? That was the last straw for me with the paper. So you both can piss off and that goes for the original poster of this thread.
Randy P

Connersville, IN

#13 Dec 7, 2012
My check was -$34 they say i owe them for only working 2 hrs a day and leting my buddies clock me out that sucks
Mister Friendly

Connersville, IN

#14 Dec 7, 2012
Cosmic Lover of It in the Brown Eye wrote:
WAH, WAH, WAH...!!!!!
Cosmic Eye, I fixed your name in the quote for you.
Zerotothegov

United States

#16 Dec 7, 2012
Do the people that are taking the lump sum option and not rolling it directly into an IRA realize the tax hit they're going to take? I hope most of the former Visteon workers had the sense to talk to a financial planner or a tax advisor before making a decision. If not, the government is going to get a big chunk of the money you worked hard to accumulate. Good luck!!
Former councilman

Richmond, IN

#17 Dec 7, 2012
I got $79,000.00
gary

Chicago, IL

#18 Dec 7, 2012
Former councilman wrote:
I got $79,000.00
how much will obama and his Boys Get
Tator Salad

Connersville, IN

#19 Dec 7, 2012
Zerotothegov wrote:
Do the people that are taking the lump sum option and not rolling it directly into an IRA realize the tax hit they're going to take? I hope most of the former Visteon workers had the sense to talk to a financial planner or a tax advisor before making a decision. If not, the government is going to get a big chunk of the money you worked hard to accumulate. Good luck!!
The way it was explained to me by my tax advisor is that if you took the lump sum you are just paying all the taxes at once instead of paying them monthly if you chose to take the monthly installment option.

now some of us that took the lump sum payout is in need of the money for medical issues and such. My wife and i both work, but our employers don't offer medical or dental insurance. We don't qualify for medicaid or the other state funded medical insurance. This will help pay the bills.
Toad B

Goshen, IN

#20 Dec 7, 2012
I'm gettin' me a bigger flat-screen TV and the new X-box! I'm even gonna let the kids play on it with me till the wife gets home from work an' if she's not too tired, she can play too!

Oh, an' I need cigarettes, too.
just my opinion

Connersville, IN

#21 Dec 7, 2012
Yes there were people who did little more than clock in and clock out, but for most of us we worked, and worked hard. I will neither argue or get into a p*ssing match with anyone over if I worked or not. All I will say is that you all need to remember many of us hired in at $7 and worked several years before we even earned half what the older workers earned for the same job. I appriciated the wages i earned then and would love to earn half again. I also wish that people would remember that it was those of us spending our wages in local businesses and paying our taxes that kept this town growing. All you have to do is look around and see it is dying before our eyes. Many of us are working for far less, with little or no medical insurance. Some are working part-time, attending school, or are disabled due to the chemicals or conditions we worked in. That being said those checks some of you are being so snide about, were OUR retirement wages we worked years and years to earn. What we do with them is OUR business, and we shouldn't have to justify it to anyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Devon cramer 29 min Heartbroken 3
Anyone know any single cops? 59 min Chris Farley 14
Keep A Word, Drop A Word (Mar '10) 1 hr _Zoey_ 12,204
End of the Word Game (Nov '10) 2 hr _Zoey_ 9,267
Five letter word game (Jan '11) 2 hr _Zoey_ 7,569
Michelle Woodward 2 hr Offutspark 4
Tasha gives birth to two daughters weighing 17l... 2 hr Friend 8
Fayette County Schools to close 3 hr In the Know 6

Connersville Jobs

More from around the web