|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Fools wrote:
Probably by now, many people are aware of the exclusion from Obamcare that Congress granted itself, staff members, the President and Vice President. As has been stated myriad times, if the legislation was so utterly fantastic for the American people, why is it not good enough for Congress and the President?
The fact is that anyone that has healthcare keeps it. I have it from my job and I am fine. The real question should be, why do politicians on the right that have awesome healthcare from political jobs, begrudge the regular working stiff from having healthcare? Companies like Walmart keep their workers at low hours to avoid benefits such as healthcare. This is what you should be protesting.
Republican Koolaid

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2014

Republicans Deny Benefits For Veterans
http://youtu.be/HyOTFg7d-II

Support Our Troops My Ass.

sings to the tune of Jesus Loves Me~~ Vote Republican cause the Preacher Tells me so~~
Yester years

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2014

Judged:

Republican Koolaid wrote:
Republicans Deny Benefits For Veterans
http://youtu.be/HyOTFg7d-II
Support Our Troops My Ass.
sings to the tune of Jesus Loves Me~~ Vote Republican cause the Preacher Tells me so~~
Since you are talking about drinking Kool aid you might want to wipe the red mustache off. Republicans denied an INCREASE in benefits for veterans. What were some of those increases you ask? Well - fertility and adoption, in-state tuition benefits (any vet can currently take online courses from a state college where the reside), Stress relief was also a service needed and the bill included yoga. All at the tune of 21 billion dollars. Perhaps you aren't aware but our country is operating under a huge deficit and we are running out of taxpayers to pay for your yoga classes.
Republican Koolaid

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2014

Yester years wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are talking about drinking Kool aid you might want to wipe the red mustache off. Republicans denied an INCREASE in benefits for veterans. What were some of those increases you ask? Well - fertility and adoption, in-state tuition benefits (any vet can currently take online courses from a state college where the reside), Stress relief was also a service needed and the bill included yoga. All at the tune of 21 billion dollars. Perhaps you aren't aware but our country is operating under a huge deficit and we are running out of taxpayers to pay for your yoga classes.
Why don't Republicans stop lying to the people here is exactly what was in the bill they rejected! You should be ashamed of yourselves!

S.1982 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)

There is one summary for this bill. Bill summaries are authored by CRS.

Shown Here:
Introduced in Senate (02/03/2014)

Comprehensive Veterans Health and Benefits and Military Retirement Pay Restoration Act of 2014 - Amends federal veterans provisions to revise or add provisions concerning medical services and other benefits provided to veterans and/or their dependents through the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) relating to the following areas:
•survivor and dependent matters, including benefits for children of certain veterans born with spina bifida;
•education matters, including the approval of courses for purposes of the All-Volunteer Force and the Post-9/11 Educational Assistance programs;
•the expansion and extension of certain health care benefits, including immunizations, chiropractic care, treatment for traumatic brain injury, and wellness promotion;
•health care administration, including extension of the Department of Veterans Affairs Health Professional Scholarship Program, and
•complementary and alternative medicine;
•mental health care, including an education program and peer support program for family members and caregivers of veterans with mental health disorders;
•dental care eligibility and expansion, including a program of education to promote dental health in veterans;
•health care related to sexual trauma, including appropriate counseling and treatment and a screening mechanism to detect incidents of domestic abuse;
•reproductive treatment and services, including fertility counseling as well as adoption assistance for severely wounded veterans;
•major medical facility leases;
•veterans' employment training and related services;
•veterans' employment, including within the federal government and as first responders;
•career transition services;
•employment and reemployment rights of members of the Armed Forces after active duty service;
•small business matters, including contracting and subcontracting participation goals with federal departments and agencies;
• administrative matters, including regional support centers for Veterans Integrated Service Networks;
•the revision of claims based on military sexual trauma as well as claims for dependency and indemnity compensation;
• jurisdictional matters, including with respect to the Board of Veterans' Appeals and the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims;
•the revision of certain rights under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, including protections with respect to the expiration of professional licenses, a prohibition on the denial of credit or the termination of residential leases due to military service, and the temporary protection of surviving spouses under mortgage foreclosures; and
• outreach and miscellaneous matters, including:(1) repeal of the provision of the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2013 that reduces the cost-of-living adjustment to the retirement pay of members of the Armed Forces under age 62, and (2) the accounting for discretionary accounts designated for overseas contingency operations/global war on terrorism.

http://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/...
Republican Koolaid

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2014

And here is the list of the 41 Nay Voters, including Indiana Republican Coats!

And here is where you will find your list of 41 Nay votes!

U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 113th Congress - 2nd Session

as compiled through Senate LIS by the Senate Bill Clerk under the direction of the Secretary of the Senate

Vote Summary

Question: On the Motion (Motion to Waive All Applicable Budgetary Discipline Re: S.1982 )
Vote Number: 46 Vote Date: February 27, 2014, 02:26 PM
Required For Majority: 3/5 Vote Result: Motion Rejected
Measure Number: S. 1982 (Comprehensive Veterans Health and Benefits and Military Retirement Pay Restoration Act of 2014 )
Measure Title: A bill to improve the provision of medical services and benefits to veterans, and for other purposes.

Vote Counts: YEAs 56
NAYs 41
Not Voting 3

Vote Summary By Senator Name By Vote Position By Home State

Alphabetical by Senator Name
Alexander (R-TN), Nay
Ayotte (R-NH), Nay
Baldwin (D-WI), Yea
Barrasso (R-WY), Nay
Begich (D-AK), Yea
Bennet (D-CO), Yea
Blumenthal (D-CT), Yea
Blunt (R-MO), Nay
Booker (D-NJ), Yea
Boozman (R-AR), Nay
Boxer (D-CA), Yea
Brown (D-OH), Yea
Burr (R-NC), Nay
Cantwell (D-WA), Yea
Cardin (D-MD), Yea
Carper (D-DE), Yea
Casey (D-PA), Yea
Chambliss (R-GA), Nay
Coats (R-IN), Nay
Coburn (R-OK), Nay
Cochran (R-MS), Nay
Collins (R-ME), Nay
Coons (D-DE), Yea
Corker (R-TN), Nay
Cornyn (R-TX), Nay
Crapo (R-ID), Nay
Cruz (R-TX), Nay
Donnelly (D-IN), Yea
Durbin (D-IL), Yea
Enzi (R-WY), Nay
Feinstein (D-CA), Yea
Fischer (R-NE), Nay
Flake (R-AZ), Nay
Franken (D-MN), Yea
Gillibrand (D-NY), Yea
Graham (R-SC), Nay
Grassley (R-IA), Nay
Hagan (D-NC), Yea
Harkin (D-IA), Yea
Hatch (R-UT), Nay
Heinrich (D-NM), Yea
Heitkamp (D-ND), Yea
Heller (R-NV), Yea
Hirono (D-HI), Yea
Hoeven (R-ND), Nay
Inhofe (R-OK), Nay
Isakson (R-GA), Nay
Johanns (R-NE), Nay
Johnson (D-SD), Yea
Johnson (R-WI), Nay
Kaine (D-VA), Yea
King (I-ME), Yea
Kirk (R-IL), Nay
Klobuchar (D-MN), Yea
Landrieu (D-LA), Yea
Leahy (D-VT), Yea
Lee (R-UT), Nay
Levin (D-MI), Yea
Manchin (D-WV), Yea
Markey (D-MA), Yea
McCain (R-AZ), Nay
McCaskill (D-MO), Yea
McConnell (R-KY), Nay
Menendez (D-NJ), Yea
Merkley (D-OR), Yea
Mikulski (D-MD), Yea
Moran (R-KS), Yea
Murkowski (R-AK), Not Voting
Murphy (D-CT), Yea
Murray (D-WA), Yea
Nelson (D-FL), Not Voting
Paul (R-KY), Nay
Portman (R-OH), Nay
Pryor (D-AR), Yea
Reed (D-RI), Yea
Reid (D-NV), Yea
Risch (R-ID), Nay
Roberts (R-KS), Nay
Rockefeller (D-WV), Yea
Rubio (R-FL), Nay
Sanders (I-VT), Yea
Schatz (D-HI), Yea
Schumer (D-NY), Yea
Scott (R-SC), Nay
Sessions (R-AL), Nay
Shaheen (D-NH), Yea
Shelby (R-AL), Nay
Stabenow (D-MI), Yea
Tester (D-MT), Yea
Thune (R-SD), Nay
Toomey (R-PA), Nay
Udall (D-CO), Yea
Udall (D-NM), Yea
Vitter (R-LA), Nay
Walsh (D-MT), Yea
Warner (D-VA), Yea
Warren (D-MA), Yea
Whitehouse (D-RI), Yea
Wicker (R-MS), Not Voting
Wyden (D-OR), Yea

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_ca...
Republican Koolaid

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2014

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-113s1982rt...

Bill Text Versions
113th Congress (2013-2014)
S.1982

Comprehensive Veterans Health and Benefits and Military Retirement Pay Restoration Act of 2014 (Referred to Committee Senate - RTS)
Republican Koolaid

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2014

Nation being in debt, how about the big corporations that pay NO taxes?

Eli Lilly and Co. was among the Fortune 500 companies that owed no federal corporate income tax in at least one year between 2008 and 2012, according to a new study.

The report also found that 26 companies — including Verizon, Boeing, General Electric and Priceline.com — enjoyed negative income tax rates between 2008 and 2012, despite combined pre-tax profits of $170 billion.

Lilly said the report paints an incorrect picture.

"Accounting for income taxes is complex and cannot be simplified as has been done in this report," said David Lewis, the company's vice president for finance and corporate tax. "In paying our taxes, Lilly is in full compliance with all laws worldwide."

Citizens for Tax Justice Director Bob McIntyre said he hopes his group's report will generate public support for closing corporate tax loopholes.

"It's a sorry situation when most Americans can rightly say,'I pay more in federal income taxes than General Electric, Boeing, Verizon, Pepco, Priceline, Duke Energy and 20 other big corporations, all put together," McIntyre said.

The top corporate rate of 35 percent, combined with state taxes, make the overall U.S. tax rate for businesses the highest among industrialized countries. But that's not what they end up paying.

The deductions businesses take mean that the taxes they pay as a share of the economy falls below the average for industrialized countries, according to the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.

Michigan GOP Rep. Dave Camp, the chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, released on Wednesday a proposed overhaul of the tax code that would lower the top corporate tax rate to 25 percent by 2019. It would also reduce or repeal various tools businesses have to reduce their effective tax rates.

Lilly's Lewis said Camp's proposal is a "positive step toward comprehensive tax reform to grow our economy."

"We believe tax reform should build upon the positive elements of this proposal, but more work is needed to ensure that we strengthen U.S. global companies and not disfavor them against foreign competition," Lewis said in a statement.

The plan, which has met with tepid response from Democrats and Republicans on Capitol Hill, would be the biggest tax overhaul since 1986.

Senate leaders said a tax overhaul would be difficult if not impossible this year — mostly because neither party trusts the other side to compromise.

Citizens for Tax Justice said its report shows the need for change, though McIntyre, the group's director, thinks Camp's proposal is still too generous to businesses.

The group said Lilly was one of 111 companies studied that owed no federal taxes in at least one year between 2008 and 2012. In 2008, the pharmaceutical giant reported profits of $202 million but received tax refunds of $208 million, giving it a negative 103 percent tax rate, according to the report. The company's effective federal tax rate for the five years studied was 14.8 percent.

The report says that Lilly's ability to defer some taxes to future years because of rules such as those that allow a faster write-off of equipment investments accounted for Lilly's low tax bills in 2008 and 2010.

"I would emphasize that there's nothing unusual about Lilly's case," said Matt Gardner, one of the authors of the report. "It's perfectly legal. It's just part of the tax system."

Verizon was among 26 Fortune 500 corporations that were consistently profitable between 2008 and 2012 yet on average paid no federal income taxes, according to the group.

Verizon spokesman Bob Varettoni said the company paid $2.9 billion in state and federal income taxes over the time period covered. He did not specify how much was paid in each category.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2...
Yester years

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2014

Judged:

Wow - took up a lot of space to show exactly what I stated. Stress relief, adoption services, yoga, sexual counseling were all part of the bill. Veterans receive more benefits than any other sector and well deserved. But again, our country is operating in a deficit. You CANNOT tax a country into prosperity.

Verizon employs over 195,000 people. Lilly has over 37,000. These are jobs. You want us to believe that these corporations, CEO's and all their employees pay NO taxes???? While you are so upset with these profit making companies why don't you look at our president's wealth? Since he has been in office his personal wealth has increased from 1 million to over 12 million. And that is from a guy who has never written a payroll check, performed in a court and takes million dollar vacations. Yes - vote democrat because they are for the little guy. New flash - that party will keep you little so you can depend upon them for everything.
Republican Koolaid

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2014

Your comment tried to belittle the important services the republicans chose to deny our veterans. Keep adding Republican cyanide to your kool aid for the people that can't read to inform themselves, and know better.
why oh why

Logansport, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2014

Judged:

Yester years wrote:
Wow - took up a lot of space to show exactly what I stated. Stress relief, adoption services, yoga, sexual counseling were all part of the bill. Veterans receive more benefits than any other sector and well deserved. But again, our country is operating in a deficit. You CANNOT tax a country into prosperity.
Verizon employs over 195,000 people. Lilly has over 37,000. These are jobs. You want us to believe that these corporations, CEO's and all their employees pay NO taxes???? While you are so upset with these profit making companies why don't you look at our president's wealth? Since he has been in office his personal wealth has increased from 1 million to over 12 million. And that is from a guy who has never written a payroll check, performed in a court and takes million dollar vacations. Yes - vote democrat because they are for the little guy. New flash - that party will keep you little so you can depend upon them for everything.
Why are you against adoption and fertility for SEVERELY wounded soldiers. We do have women soldiers you know who may one day want to be mothers. Mental health is a big one to say no to and yes yoga helps with stress,mental health etc. Go to the indy VA hospital and see how well these people are treated and what the get. Check your facts. The republicans are against everything to helps another person if it doesn't line their pockets.
factual

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2014

Judged:

The Republican party has destroyed the USA, the state of Indiana and now Fayette county and the city of Connersville. Are you proud of them now?
ICE

Scottsburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

factual wrote:
The Republican party has destroyed the USA, the state of Indiana and now Fayette county and the city of Connersville. Are you proud of them now?
...and the liberal dems are doing such a swell job, trying to give amnesty to millions of uneducated criminals, Obamacare which is a " train wreak", IRS scandle, fast and furious gun running which cost the life of border agent Brian Terry and many many Mexican citizens in Mexico. Just last week four democrat reps were busted for wrong doing.
"fiction " keep drinking the kool-aide that the liberal media instructs you to, it really makes you look stupid!
Republican Koolaid

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Anyone from either party in Indiana that would vote for Republican Dan Coats again is simply saying they do not care about our Soldiers! You can holler Support Our Troops all you want and it means NOTHING if you still vote Republican! It is as SIMPLE as that! YOU would be nothing more than a TRAITOR yourself!
kenny hooperville

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/10/08/204733/...

Darn dems protesting for immigration reform.

“Just my opinion”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

I am a stupid redneck rethugnicunt and I am voting against myself, because my church tells me to do so.
Yester years

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

why oh why wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you against adoption and fertility for SEVERELY wounded soldiers. We do have women soldiers you know who may one day want to be mothers. Mental health is a big one to say no to and yes yoga helps with stress,mental health etc. Go to the indy VA hospital and see how well these people are treated and what the get. Check your facts. The republicans are against everything to helps another person if it doesn't line their pockets.
Watching MSNBC again? Where did I say I was against it? I said I could understand not voting for a 21 billion dollar increase. These things are not essentials. If a veteran wants to adopt or have needs then they can pay for those services. Check your own facts. I have a couple friends who use the VA hospital in Indy and have everything paid for. They were very pleased with the care the received. Wanting to put your hand in my pocket isn't compassion. It is theft.
Republican Koolaid

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Just two provisions in the bill rejected.

•the expansion and extension of certain health care benefits, including immunizations, chiropractic care, treatment for traumatic brain injury, and wellness promotion;

•mental health care, including an education program and peer support program for family members and caregivers of veterans with mental health disorders;

http://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/...

----------

Iraq war vet introduces military suicide prevention bill

More than 2 million Americans have served in combat in those two wars. Researchers estimate that as many as 300,000 service members may meet criteria for PTSD and between 200,000 and 300,000 have suffered a traumatic brain injury from mild to severe, according to Dr. Stephen Cozza with the Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress.

The nonprofit think-tank RAND Corporation estimates a third of veterans likely have TBI, PTSD or depression, which puts the overall number affected at around 600,000.

A large body of research indicates PTSD is associated with increased likelihood of suicidal behavior

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/27/politics/milita...

----------

Report: Suicide rate spikes among young veterans

About 22 veterans a day take their own life, according to department estimates.

http://www.stripes.com/report-suicide-rate-sp...
ICE

Scottsburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

kenny hooperville wrote:
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/201 3/10/08/204733/rep-john-lewis- busted-for-45th.html
Darn dems protesting for immigration reform.
Instead of focusing on helping the LEGAL American citizens they take up for illegal criminals.
Check out democratic rep. Luis Gutierrez Facebook, most of the comments are in Spanish, he helps only illegal aliens, this is a man who took an oath of office to represent LEGAL Americans, but is always pushing his support towards the illegal invaders, not all illegals, just Hispanic, NO Germans, French, Canadians, etc. and close minded democrat voters think they work for them, LOL!
so glad

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

Illinois Democratic Congressman Luis Gutierrez said he will not give up on comprehensive immigration reform, even if it means getting arrested.

I am going to hope that someday ICE you are going to quit being ignorant and begin to see the light. What is at the stake in immigration reform is money. Republican supported businesses want these people to have no rights so they can keep them at the bottom of the economic rung of the ladder. Who in the hell do you think is going to work for minimum wage and many times less under the table if it wasn't for Mexican laborers? The Irish Americans were kept at the bottom for years so wages could be suppressed. When you keep working poor down they will rise up and smack you in the face and these people will do that someday soon.

Now ICE you go back and listen and watch some more Fox News and continue to be programed into STUPIDITY.
Yester years

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

so glad wrote:
Illinois Democratic Congressman Luis Gutierrez said he will not give up on comprehensive immigration reform, even if it means getting arrested.
I am going to hope that someday ICE you are going to quit being ignorant and begin to see the light. What is at the stake in immigration reform is money. Republican supported businesses want these people to have no rights so they can keep them at the bottom of the economic rung of the ladder. Who in the hell do you think is going to work for minimum wage and many times less under the table if it wasn't for Mexican laborers? The Irish Americans were kept at the bottom for years so wages could be suppressed. When you keep working poor down they will rise up and smack you in the face and these people will do that someday soon.
Now ICE you go back and listen and watch some more Fox News and continue to be programed into STUPIDITY.
Big difference between those who entered this country legally and those who have not. Reform? Go for it! But until they are American citizens they cannot vote. Hmmmm. Bet that will curtail the enthusiasm from Democrats. Please explain to me how keeping the poor on welfare will cause them to advance? Tell me how that works?? Let's look at our town - how has government subsidies improved the quality of life? Do you ever sit back at look at what business thrive in Fayette County? Bare necessities - gasoline, fast food, groceries. We have a couple cheap clothing stores. No nice dining. No gift shops. All the physicians for all intents and purposes live out of the county. Beautiful homes have become multifamily rentals. And the town is becoming bankrupt. Yeah - let's invest in more government social programs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Connersville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Connersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Connersville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Connersville