#1 Dec 14, 2012
I wonder if our schools are kept locked during the day? Thanks

Loogootee, IN

#2 Dec 14, 2012
As far as I know, no they aren't.
Saddened by tragedy

Thorntown, IN

#3 Dec 14, 2012
Yes they all have locked security doors during the day. The secretary has to buzz anyone in that visits the buildings.

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Dec 14, 2012
I believe they are and have been for several years. I know several elementary schools where you can get through the double doors but must be buzzed in to the office. I could be wrong about this since it's been awhile since I had children in elementary.

Loogootee, IN

#5 Dec 14, 2012
Doesn't seem like needing to be buzzed in by a secretary would stop any crime from happening.

Posen, IL

#6 Dec 14, 2012
Thing is.... what happens once you get in the office? What messures are in place to stop them from shooting everyone there and then continueing on into the school with our children?

La Fontaine, IN

#7 Dec 14, 2012
hey kid brought a gun to the middle school couple months back.

Peoria, IL

#8 Dec 14, 2012
Grandview is. The only way in or out is through the office.

Thorntown, IN

#9 Dec 14, 2012
Some schools lock all doors and have a buzzer/keypad system but not all do. Unless things have changed, all doors are locked except for the main door leading to the front office.

Connersville, IN

#10 Dec 15, 2012
wwjd wrote:
hey kid brought a gun to the middle school couple months back.
When did this happen and what happen to the student ?

United States

#11 Dec 15, 2012
The guy in ct shooting shot thru the door and got on that way. We need bullet proof glass in school

Franklin, IN

#12 Dec 15, 2012
You can only secure a school so much. If a crazy person wants to get in, he/she WILL find a way! The school's don't have the funds to purchase bullet proof glass, etc., etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) 37 min Voter 468
only ONE overdose this weekend 49 min One toof weft 7
US Bank sucks (Aug '15) 53 min LeoCCR 19
Wind Turbine Setbacks (Jun '11) 1 hr Radical 345
Donnie conner an kitty conner 2 hr IN Kouts 4
Fire Department Overtime 2 hr Taxpayer 3
**Double Letter Word** game (Jun '11) 2 hr IN Kouts 5,246
Jordon W. goes to court 7 hr IN Kouts 42

Connersville Jobs

Personal Finance

Connersville Mortgages