Is anyone out there having problems w...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 08

Connersville, Indiana

#21 Feb 20, 2009
I would try .... start menu > then run in XP oor if your using Vista click the round "orb" and type cmd there ...

XP >> In the run box type cmd ... This will bring you to a command prompt...

try pinging a website ... just type in

ping google.com

If it replies with a IP then DNS is working fine..

If it does not reply with a IP address then suspect DNS issues ....

When this issue happens try pinging 192.168.1.1 and see if you can ping ..(If your using a router)

Or try and bypass the router and plug directly into the Bridgmaxx device ..

If you give me some more info I can try and help ... I do executive VIP support for my company..
been there

Columbia, MD

#22 Feb 20, 2009
Bridgemax is having problems. I wish my pymt was automatic withdraw or I'd only pay half this month, cause that is all it has worked!!
computerrepair

Worth, IL

#23 Feb 20, 2009
Yea well I probably make bout 90k more than ur stupis Azz working on computers 4 a living so Bite me Dumb Chit I got a life!!
Sarcastic Bastard wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one making stupid statements on here, you are. You're too dumb to live.
Sarcastic Bastard

Edison, NJ

#24 Feb 21, 2009
computerrepair wrote:
Yea well I probably make bout 90k more than ur stupis Azz working on computers 4 a living so Bite me Dumb Chit I got a life!!
<quoted text>
What does "stupis" mean? How about "chit"? You don't make 90k over three years.

Greenwood, IN

#25 Feb 21, 2009
i am able to get online for about 10 mins a day and that is it,i keep calling them and they say they will return my call and they never do.
Love it

Greenwood, IN

#26 Feb 21, 2009
TECH wrote:
<quoted text>
There are some issues that keep some routers from working with the BridgeMaxx service. The primary cause follows;
The IP address of the default gateway is in a different Subnet mask from the DHCP pool of addresses handed out to the user’s modem. Because of this the router has to understand how to pass the DNS settings between different networks. This is done to protect the user’s computer from people trying to hack into it.
There are a few routers that understand this one is the D-Link wireless G router. The newer D-Link wireless N routers do not work, Net Gear routers do not work and LinkSys routers do not work.
I hope this has been helpful.
I have BridgeMaxx, I'm not a tech at all, and have Net Gear router which I set up the wireless network at home. All works perfectly and added a wireless printer too. My neighbor next door has BridgeMaxx and uses LinkSys for theirs. Not only does it work for them but my laptop recognizes and picks up from their connection.

Hope this helps.

Greenwood, IN

#28 Feb 22, 2009
i am still having trouble for the third week now and still no call back from tech support
computerrepair

Worth, IL

#29 Feb 23, 2009
well you will probably continue to be without service until you contact some1 who knows what they r doing and can troubleshoot and resolve the problem for you
guest wrote:
i am still having trouble for the third week now and still no call back from tech support
Love it

Greenwood, IN

#30 Feb 24, 2009
guest wrote:
Again, I'm not a tech but have done some trouble shooting. Have you reset the modem? Are all three lights showing green on your modem? Call Bridgemaxx and they will give you credit for your down time. Summit on 6th Street is contracted to do their tech support. To be honest, if I was down 3 weeks and no callbacks, I wouldn't be on here complaining. Their service and payments would be cancelled and I'd be on the phone checking out another internet service provider.
dawnc

United States

#31 Jul 25, 2011
huh wrote:
We have wireless internet access through BridgMax. Recently, we either can't a connection or when we have a connection we get booted off. Is anyone else having this problem?
it always happens after 10pm can't conect the unit blinks red
just me

Richmond, IN

#32 Jul 25, 2011
have had trouble with Bridgemaxx connecting here for about the last month, was terrible the month of June, getting a bit better at present. have never had any issues with contacting them or getting some kind of explanation (may all be b.s. but i do always talk with someone. telling me the issue is solely on their end, had a tech out to my house he reconfigured some stuff, changed sectors and all but was no help. i have been given credit for 2 months thus far, called again last fri/sat and lady said she was issuing me another $10 credit. not having connection sucks, for sure.....but my down time seems to be erratic now, at worst.issuing credit for down time is a plus in my book....# i call is 1-800-979-3797.....hope this helps.
BridgemaxSux

Loogootee, IN

#33 Jul 25, 2011
Bridgemax is out more then it is in.
hyacinth

Florence, MT

#34 May 9, 2012
I have had bridgemaxx for one month and have had nothing but problems with the service. If i hadnt signed a one year contract with them i would dump them. I cant watch u tube vids and when i try to watch a movie on netflix i get to watch a minute at a time then it stops and starts buffering and reloading the movie for about four minutes kinda hard to watch anything with this shitty internet...

Since: Dec 08

Indianapolis, IN

#35 May 9, 2012
The problem probably isn't your hardware or your settings but a problem with Bridgemaxx. One very simple way to test out my theory is for the few people posting on here to share email addresses and do a little comparing notes. When you have an issue, jot down when and what happened. Then compare your notes. If you all have the same issues at the same times you can be 99.9% certain the problem is the service provider. No tech expert can resolve that problem by visiting your house. Don't waste your money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fayette county roads 9 min Twenty Five Dollars 5
Raises during Financial Emergency #2 2 hr white trash 7
Brittany nixon 4 hr To funny 1
Four Vowel Word Game (Jul '13) 11 hr Vector aka Victor... 2,824
4 Word Phrase - Game (Nov '13) 11 hr Vector aka Victor... 1,157
Three Word Phrase - Game (May '13) 11 hr Vector aka Victor... 2,130
Five letter word game (Jan '11) Sun Fairydust 7,336

Connersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance