Is anyone out there having problems w...

Is anyone out there having problems with BridgeMax?

Posted in the Connersville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
huh

Greenwood, IN

#1 Feb 17, 2009
We have wireless internet access through BridgMax. Recently, we either can't a connection or when we have a connection we get booted off. Is anyone else having this problem?

Greenwood, IN

#2 Feb 17, 2009
we have had the same problem now for about two weeks,i have called and they never return my calls
Busy Bee

Greenwood, IN

#3 Feb 17, 2009
huh wrote:
We have wireless internet access through BridgMax. Recently, we either can't a connection or when we have a connection we get booted off. Is anyone else having this problem?
.. Ive been having the issue for couple of weeks it acts like its going to the page and then posts a page that says time out... Kind of pissing me off...
computerrepair

Ashland, MA

#4 Feb 18, 2009
If any of you would like assistance I am for hire have 20+yrs experienceand can troubleshoot your connection issues and get you connected? [email protected] leave me your name and phone and i will fit you in to my very busy schedule? Free quotes...
huh wrote:

Since: Feb 09

Greenwood, IN

#5 Feb 18, 2009
hmm I've been having problems too they told me i needed a new network card but thanks to these post i won't waste my money
Just My Opinion

Greenwood, IN

#6 Feb 18, 2009
They told us we needed a new router.They also said it had to be one of their routers.So we ate about $40 and still same problems
hmmmm

Ashland, MA

#7 Feb 18, 2009
well sorry they told u both that cuz chances are the nic card and the router r fine just need to be configured properly and I would say they couldn't do that...I've heard there ts is lacking seriously?
TECH

Richmond, IN

#8 Feb 18, 2009
hmmmm wrote:
well sorry they told u both that cuz chances are the nic card and the router r fine just need to be configured properly and I would say they couldn't do that...I've heard there ts is lacking seriously?
There are some issues that keep some routers from working with the BridgeMaxx service. The primary cause follows;

The IP address of the default gateway is in a different Subnet mask from the DHCP pool of addresses handed out to the userís modem. Because of this the router has to understand how to pass the DNS settings between different networks. This is done to protect the userís computer from people trying to hack into it.

There are a few routers that understand this one is the D-Link wireless G router. The newer D-Link wireless N routers do not work, Net Gear routers do not work and LinkSys routers do not work.

I hope this has been helpful.

Since: Oct 08

United States

#9 Feb 18, 2009
TECH wrote:
<quoted text>
There are some issues that keep some routers from working with the BridgeMaxx service. The primary cause follows;
The IP address of the default gateway is in a different Subnet mask from the DHCP pool of addresses handed out to the userís modem. Because of this the router has to understand how to pass the DNS settings between different networks. This is done to protect the userís computer from people trying to hack into it.
There are a few routers that understand this one is the D-Link wireless G router. The newer D-Link wireless N routers do not work, Net Gear routers do not work and LinkSys routers do not work.
Are you trying to say that the router manufacturers make devices that don't function properly or that Bridgemaxx doesn't have their network properly configured? I know the forementioned routers work fine on all other providers' networks.

By the way, DNS servers have no relation to how a subnet is masked.
sicofit

Greenwood, IN

#10 Feb 18, 2009
computerrepair wrote:
If any of you would like assistance I am for hire have 20+yrs experienceand can troubleshoot your connection issues and get you connected? [email protected]on.net leave me your name and phone and i will fit you in to my very busy schedule? Free quotes...
<quoted text>
If you are with Verizon, no thanks. I just dumped my landline and wireless. Verizon sucks.
Happy Camper

Greenwood, IN

#11 Feb 18, 2009
I have Bridgmaxx and a dlink router and I have had no problems.(Faster than ever.)
I heard they are putting up a new tower in the spring and/or adding another sector.
So I would think that should help.
TECH wrote:
<quoted text>
computerrepair

United States

#12 Feb 18, 2009
No not with Verizon,Freelance contractor..
sicofit wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are with Verizon, no thanks. I just dumped my landline and wireless. Verizon sucks.
sicofit

Greenwood, IN

#13 Feb 19, 2009
computerrepair wrote:
No not with Verizon,Freelance contractor..
<quoted text>
Thanks for the reply. Will keep you in mind if we ever need a contractor.
computerrepair

United States

#14 Feb 19, 2009
Hardware,software and specializing in Networking wireless and hardwiring connections...
sicofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the reply. Will keep you in mind if we ever need a contractor.
Sarcastic Bastard

Edison, NJ

#15 Feb 19, 2009
sicofit wrote:
<quoted text>
You dumbass, you actually thought the guy worked for Verizon because he has a verizon.net email address? You probably had one too before you got rid of the service. You're too damn stupid to work a computer.
Sarcastic Bastard

Edison, NJ

#16 Feb 19, 2009
computerrepair wrote:
If any of you would like assistance I am for hire have 20+yrs experienceand can troubleshoot your connection issues and get you connected? [email protected] leave me your name and phone and i will fit you in to my very busy schedule? Free quotes...
<quoted text>
Kind of hard to send you an email when they can't get on the internet, Einstein.

Since: Feb 09

Greenwood, IN

#17 Feb 20, 2009
to funny when i have called places like the internet provider (calling) or the electric company to report and outage they all have a recording for faster service you can visit www.blablabla.com . Or when i can the dr office if its an emergency please hang up and call 911. Oh yeah my son cut off his arm and i'm trying to make him and appointment
computerrepair

United States

#18 Feb 20, 2009
Speaking of too stupid to have a cpu U should Look in the mirror DUMB CHIT....
Sarcastic Bastard wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of hard to send you an email when they can't get on the internet, Einstein.

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#19 Feb 20, 2009
You geeks sure can get nasty when provoked. Eh? LOL
Sarcastic Bastard

Edison, NJ

#20 Feb 20, 2009
computerrepair wrote:
Speaking of too stupid to have a cpu U should Look in the mirror DUMB CHIT....
<quoted text>
I'm not the one making stupid statements on here, you are. You're too dumb to live.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Misty Davidson- Chad Seizmore 3 hr Really 1
U tube dusch from connersville 4 hr Bahahaha 6
Chesny nunn? 5 hr Just curious 1
Stupid sign 6 hr fhk-q 9
End of the Word Game (Nov '10) 6 hr Fairydust 10,235
Keep A Word, Drop A Word (Mar '10) 6 hr Fairydust 13,352
six letter word game (Jan '15) 6 hr Fairydust 886

Connersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance