kyle henderson????
prayers please

Easton, MA

#22 Sep 8, 2008
The family asks everyone to pray for them for the strength to get through this. His younger brother was with him when it happened and will need much support and prayers.
So Very Sad

Woodridge, IL

#23 Sep 8, 2008
All of you are on the right track pertaining to Kyle's accident. He was the son of Rodney and Loretta (Messer) Henderson. Loretta went to school in Connersville, and graduated in 1982. All of your facts seem to be correct. He was 19, and just recently graduated high school. He will be sadly missed by everyone.
A family friend.

Since: Jul 07

Indiana

#24 Sep 8, 2008
Here is an article out of the Chicago Tribune about what happened

A man was killed the day before his 20th birthday when he fell from a wagon at a southern Indiana agriculture center.

Kyle Henderson of Glenwood was riding the wagon Saturday morning while attending the Purdue Open Invitational Soil Judging contest at the Southeast Purdue Ag Center near Butlerville, about 50 miles south of Indianapolis in Jennings County.

Loretta Henderson says her son was riding in the wagon with his 15-year-old brother, Josh, with their feet dangling off the wagon.

She said Kyle Henderson's feet became caught in the wagon's wheels and his head struck the pavement. He was flown to Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis but was pronounced dead on arrival.
cody

Edison, NJ

#25 Sep 8, 2008
WOW wrote:
can someone tell me wut happend??? ive heard from a few people that he passed away due to a farming accident..but im not sure if thats 100% true or not...so i was just curious to know what happend and if anyone else had heard about it..if so can u please let me know im very worried
ya his pant leg got caught in a hay wagon tire and it ripped him off the wagon and he cracked his head on the ground i heard 2 different stories i heard it cracked it on cement and it got ran over but when he hit he wentbrain dead and died in the hospital
blessed

Chicago, IL

#26 Sep 8, 2008
Kyle was a friend of my sons. He was a very sweet and likeable kid. Came from a really good family. He was very active in FFA. Accident happened at a soil judging contest. Awful way to die but he was doing what he dearly loved. He will be missed!
Younger

Connersville, IN

#27 Sep 8, 2008
Family

Cincinnati, OH

#28 Sep 9, 2008
Thanks so much for all of the prayers,keep them coming. This by far is the hardest thing my family has had to face and the next few days to come are going to be some of the toughest. Life is sometimes so unfair. He was dearly loved and will be desperately missed. By the way about the article in the paper, his birthday is next week.
blessed

Chicago, IL

#29 Sep 9, 2008
My family will keep you all in our prayers and please remember to still celebrate his birthday. I lost someone very close to me and still to this day we buy a cake and still remember his special day. Nothing big, no party but a quite rememberance. Rest In Peace Kyle and Happy Birthday.
Prayer

Evansville, IN

#30 Sep 9, 2008
This is such a sad, sad thing. Our family is keeping Kyle's entire family in our prayers, especially his little brother. He, as well as, everyone involved must be in such shock. A lot of kids that didn't know Kyle, but were on the wagon too, are very affected. My son is one of them. It is hard to comprehend this incident.

Since: Jul 07

Indiana

#31 Sep 9, 2008
You are certainly in my prayers and our church is praying for the family as well.
Family wrote:
Thanks so much for all of the prayers,keep them coming. This by far is the hardest thing my family has had to face and the next few days to come are going to be some of the toughest. Life is sometimes so unfair. He was dearly loved and will be desperately missed. By the way about the article in the paper, his birthday is next week.
Busy Bee

Bradenton, FL

#32 Sep 9, 2008
I think of this family that I don't even know everyday since the tragedy, Im sorry to all of you! Im sorry to everyone that was there that day it will be a haunting forever. May god help you find the strength to hold yourself up threw these next few days and find the strength to live on with all the wonderful memeories Kyle has left you behind.
josh- kyles little bro

AOL

#33 Sep 10, 2008
ok its better to hear the truth instead of all the bs rumors. @ 9:08 saturday he fell off the trailor that him as well as apprx. 40 other kids and adults including myself. i'm unsure how he fell but he had severe head trauma. he was pronounced dead at 8:17 saturday. just thought it would be best to hear from someone in the family. thanks for the prayers.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#34 Sep 10, 2008
josh- kyles little bro wrote:
ok its better to hear the truth instead of all the bs rumors.@ 9:08 saturday he fell off the trailor that him as well as apprx. 40 other kids and adults including myself. i'm unsure how he fell but he had severe head trauma. he was pronounced dead at 8:17 saturday. just thought it would be best to hear from someone in the family. thanks for the prayers.
Bless your heart. I'm sorry for your family's loss.
Farm Safety

Connersville, IN

#35 Sep 10, 2008
This makes two fatalities in Rush county related to farm wagons and tractors. Maybe this time it will change the way people ride these implements for fun.
Busy Bee

Bradenton, FL

#36 Sep 10, 2008
Farm Safety wrote:
This makes two fatalities in Rush county related to farm wagons and tractors. Maybe this time it will change the way people ride these implements for fun.
.....Why bring up the maybe with this happening this that and another ya know the family going threw enough already I'm sure they wish this was all different let's not bring up the what if and maybe now for the families sake please!
Bossy

Thermal, CA

#37 Sep 11, 2008
Farm Safety wrote:
Your an A$$ for saying this...it wasn't the time for comments like. All of us have been on the back of a wagon, truck or something like that at one time or another. With the heartache this family is going through the last thing they need right now are self-righteous people. Kyle was a great kid and he will be missed by everyone. GOD has bigger and better thing's for him,he was an angel on earth as he now is in heaven. So I say to his family ignore comments like the one above and know all of our thoughts and prayers with every single one of you!
fed-up

Connersville, IN

#38 Sep 11, 2008
I am so sorry for the loss this family is having to endure!I pray that you will find strength in the lord to get you through this very hard time.I will keep your family in my daily prayers.
seriously

Pasadena, MD

#39 Sep 11, 2008
Rest in Peace Kyle,

your smiling face will be missed by all

“Prayers are words with wings..”

Since: Mar 08

Connersville Indiana

#40 Sep 12, 2008
RIP

My thoughts and prayers to the Family...God Bless
Alisa-Older Sister

AOL

#41 Sep 16, 2008
I know that Josh and a few family and family friends have already posted, but I'd also like to clarify a few points that seem to be under question.
Kyle was assisting the Rush County FFA Soil Judging team Saturday morning, September 6. He was riding on a wagon provided by the Purdue Ag Center along with approximately 40 high school students. The wheel of the wagon that was unquestionably unsafe caught Kyle and he died due to severe head trauma. Our brother, Josh, was present as newspapers and posts have mentioned. Kyle donated his organs and has already saved 3 lives to date.

Kyle's birthday was this past Sunday, September 14, a point that has been incorrectly identified by The Republic newspaper. My mother was not contacted, therefore any quote from her as quoted by this newspaper are untrue and inaccurate.

Kyle was a well-liked, respected person with a bright future ahead. Proof of this was his funeral, attended by nearly 600 people. He was active in the Rush County community and will be missed dearly by his family, friends and those in the community that knew him. Our family has established a scholarship fund to keep Kyle's name alive and to benefit and give back to those in our community, so if you are interested in donating please contact the Rush County Community Foundation in regards to the Kyle Henderson Memorial Fund.

Thank you for your concern and prayers, our family needs them at this difficult time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) 11 min Voter 543
Jordan Sentancing delayed 30 min General Lafayette 13
motorcycle are so loud on east 9th. street (Jul '09) 32 min General Lafayette 83
I seen a saw (Jul '08) 54 min Haha 18
Olivia Willoughby 1 hr Opinionated 2
Brainwashing - Who Does it Best? (Mar '14) 1 hr General Lafayette 11
If you could pick anyone to be mayor of conners... (Oct '07) 1 hr General Lafayette 18

Connersville Jobs

Personal Finance

Connersville Mortgages