carbon motors channel 13

Posted in the Connersville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
F why I

Liberty, IN

#1 Jun 21, 2011
Channel 13 is doing a story on why carbon motors isn't in connersville yet.
Always Sunny in Cville

Rushville, IN

#2 Jun 21, 2011
According to Indiana Business Journal 10 congressmen signed and sent a letter to the Department of Energy asking for the loan request to be approved and in a speedier pace.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3 Jun 21, 2011
Posted June 3, 2011 by me. Carbon Motors Update Forum Thread Gone after this comment.

Just for curiosity I sent emails out to The White House, Mitch, Pence, Knollman, and the Department of Energy, and Carbon Motors, I forgot the Mayor, asking one simple question. What is the status of the Carbon Motors loan that was applied for back in 2009? Should be interesting!(5 hrs ago post #41)
From DOE
Thank you for your email to Secretary of Energy Steven Chu. Your message has been received by the Office of the Executive Secretariat on behalf of the Secretary and will be reviewed by the appropriate Department of Energy officials.

My emails were to the point. Re-election is a word they love to hear. Go to the top!
MyNameIsEarl

Parker City, IN

#5 Jun 21, 2011
Carbon is NOT coming. You morons just won't give up, will you? Most of you supporters have spent your 'school money', dropped out of school and have had your 'good used cars' repossessed. Dam, give it up, fools!

Since: Mar 09

Seymour, IN

#6 Jun 22, 2011
the mayor said an answer will be coming in 2 more weeks. lets hold our collective breath.
THE REPUBLICAN

Connersville, IN

#7 Jun 22, 2011
The mayor sounds like a parrot. 2 weeks 2 weeks

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#8 Jun 22, 2011
THE newsjunkie wrote:
the mayor said an answer will be coming in 2 more weeks. lets hold our collective breath.
I say give the Indiana delegates two weeks for an answer. If Connersville doesn't receive information in that time, start writing, not on here, but from Obama on down, including Lugar and Pence.

Location hidden

#9 Jun 22, 2011
TurbineWho wrote:
<quoted text>
I say give the Indiana delegates two weeks for an answer. If Connersville doesn't receive information in that time, start writing, not on here, but from Obama on down, including Lugar and Pence.
Why wait?

http://mikepence.house.gov/index.php...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact

http://lugar.senate.gov/contact/

http://energy.gov/contact/index.htm
2WEEKS

United States

#10 Jun 22, 2011
Yea, I betcha everyone who voted for him in pre election won't vote for him in the primary if Carbon doesn't come. I think he should be scrutinized and every detail of his money gone over like they went over Ellison. I can almost guarantee Ellison's was an accident and whoever goes over Urban's stuff with a fine tooth comb will come up with many discrepancies.
AGREED

United States

#11 Jun 22, 2011
I agree with 2WEEKS. I'd almost say that Urban was trying to find a way to make it where people wouldn't want Ellison back in office so he can try to be dictator and in charge and that is how he "found" those discrepancies against Ellison. Last I remember, Ellison liked doing his job and didn't give himself a pay raise! If you don't have to have decency and decent morals to run for mayor, I'm going to run next election!
Comical

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Jun 22, 2011
TurbineWho wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, don't wait, write all of these people and tell them to ... NOT ... approve any money for the scammers, they have stolen enough money already!

Location hidden

#13 Jun 22, 2011
Comical wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, don't wait, write all of these people and tell them to ... NOT ... approve any money for the scammers, they have stolen enough money already!
I agree. All the emails I sent contained the words "Connersville is being scammed." It is all politics. The Republicans are in a win-win situation. They "tried" to get the loan for Connersville. If it fails, blame it on the DOE, Democrats and Obama.
comical

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Jun 22, 2011
The Pal-item is removing posts on this subject in forums in the paper today, one post they removed had a lot of truth in it about this being a scam, and how the d.o.e. had denied the loan, and no more money was available for car companies. The post was there, got a bunch of thumbs up, and then evaporated late this afternoon.

They also figured out on there that Lying Lenny, is only doing this to try to get re-elected this fall.

Carbon Motors is a scam, people!
mr indycorvette

Connersville, IN

#15 Jun 22, 2011
lenny bent you all over and gave it to you good like indy did kooky girl

its shake and bake and i helped
Chief Steward

Madison, IN

#16 Jun 23, 2011
For you Visteon "TAA sponges" you can forget Carbon. They DO NOT WANT Union mentality in there ! Our union membership is a BLACK CLOUD hanging over our heads. Besides, most uf us Visteon workers are in our 50's or close to it. We are TOO OLD !! When you hit 40, you start making TOO MANY CLAIMS on the medical insurance. We are HIT !! If you want to use your schooling, you must leave town, or...end up at Wal-Mart like 5 or 6 of them have.

Location hidden

#19 Jun 23, 2011
FYI.
I did receive a personal letter (USPS) from Congressman Mike Pence containing a copy of the Carbon Motors letter to Secretary Chu. The people who signed the letter: Lugar, Burton, Visclosky, Donnelly, Stutzman, Rokita, Pence, Carson, Bucshon and Young. The letter was dated June 13, 2011.
Slam

Palmyra, IN

#21 Jun 23, 2011
This smelled like a scam from the beginning. Everything from Leonard Urban's multiple chins and his sprained elbow from patting himself on the back to the Andy and Aunt Bee cheesy marching band welcome given that little smiling weasel. Of course they "chose" Connersville. It was so obvious Connersville would believe anything they were told and elevate these creeps to demi-god status even before the first desk was moved in. Why are we surprised?
Political commentator

Spiceland, IN

#22 Jun 24, 2011
Got news for y'all...Urban has ALREADY won. Voters are intelligent people...unlike you guys. Using a "homespun ditty" I'll just say he's "digging like a mole" out TRYING to get work here!( there...I'm a hillbilly like he is, after all...he married one). Voters WILL look at that. He is NOT a magician who has a magic wand to wave over Connersville to "bless the town" with. But..the man IS trying, not just sitting on his ass at City Hall playing facebook games with his laptop. I think in a few weeks, y'all are gonna EAT CROW !!
taxpayer

Connersville, IN

#23 Jun 24, 2011
How long are we, the city taxpayers, going to be paying the utilities and insurance? Was there an end date on how long this would happen in the contract between the city and Carbon Motors? I too think this is a scam and think we need to stop throwing money into this money pit! We need to use the money that we have given Carbon Motors to rebuild this town!
comical

Cincinnati, OH

#24 Jun 24, 2011
Political commentator wrote:
Got news for y'all...Urban has ALREADY won. Voters are intelligent people...unlike you guys. Using a "homespun ditty" I'll just say he's "digging like a mole" out TRYING to get work here!( there...I'm a hillbilly like he is, after all...he married one). Voters WILL look at that. He is NOT a magician who has a magic wand to wave over Connersville to "bless the town" with. But..the man IS trying, not just sitting on his ass at City Hall playing facebook games with his laptop. I think in a few weeks, y'all are gonna EAT CROW !!
Unfortunately, he will probably get re-elected, but Carbon Motors is a scam, and always has been a scam. Wonder how much $$$$$ Lenny is getting out of this scam anyway?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Travis havland 3 hr sissy 2
Do You believe 3 hr TwoCents 4
Word Association Game (Jan '10) 3 hr SLY WEST 4,391
Four Vowel Word Game (Jul '13) 3 hr SLY WEST 1,781
six letter word game 4 hr SLY WEST 113
Bubby Pollitt 6 hr bub pollitt 2
End of the Word Game (Nov '10) 6 hr _Zoey_ 7,709
Citizen of the Year. Your Thoughts. 7 hr TwoCents 11
Busters 8 hr smah 106
Which cop has the hottest wife? 15 hr Miss June 20