HELP NOW for the fire victims

Posted in the Connersville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Please and Thank you

West Lafayette, IN

#1 Jul 28, 2012
I just got through talking to the young man, who lived in the upstairs apartment, in the building that caught on fire downtown.The Salvation Army was unavailable to help him and he could not get ahold of anyone from our local Red Cross. They called the one in Brookville, but so far nothing.
His name is Mick Pollitt. His daughters, who are 18 and 15 and another young man, who helped with the rent, lived there also. They are left with nothing, but the clothes on their back. They are desperate! He is staying at 713 Grand Ave. He wears size 38 pants and x-large shirts. Forgot to ask the shoe size, but I'm guessing 10 or 11.( he was in his house slippers) The same for the other man. The girls wear size Med and Large shirts and he wasn't sure of pant size, but I would say 6 or 8's. You can stop at their house and ask. Again they are desperate!
The fire started in the back bedroom in the wall, traveling to the first floor (Balloon framing, which makes a fast fire) and then to the South building. I think the Fire department from here and surrounding areas did an excellent job of putting the fire out. Thank-you! And thanks to the Police for keeping people safe and out of the way.

Smokey

Milan, IN

#2 Jul 28, 2012
Betcha they was smokin' them damned cigarettes, weren't they? Doesn't the Chomel's own that building? Hell, they're rich, let them donate some stuff. They need to prohibit smoking anywhere on Central Avenue, I think!!
Smokey is Dopey

West Lafayette, IN

#3 Jul 28, 2012
Can't you read? WALL FIRE, not cigarettes or pot or K-2 or whatever. Let's have a little compassion here!
joe

Franklin, IN

#4 Jul 28, 2012
The Red Cross of Rushville was at the scene talking to a woman who was also living there, might see if central dispatch has their phone number.
dip

Wheaton, IL

#5 Jul 29, 2012
Smokey wrote:
Betcha they was smokin' them damned cigarettes, weren't they? Doesn't the Chomel's own that building? Hell, they're rich, let them donate some stuff. They need to prohibit smoking anywhere on Central Avenue, I think!!
What a "dipshit" you are smokey!!
hope

Richmond, IN

#6 Jul 29, 2012
if you get anymore information about the rest of the sizes please post them and possibly somebody can come up with a drop off location for some items.... i would hate to be left with nothing...

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#7 Jul 29, 2012
I don't have 38 mens pants but Mr. Indy has many x-large shirts. Are they still staying at 713 Grand Ave. I will check with my sister on size 6 to 8 pants for the girls. Please let us know what other sizes are needed. Let us know what time is a good time to drop them off. Thank you
It dont hurt 2 help

Batesville, IN

#8 Jul 29, 2012
Its great to see there is still good people out there.This could have happened to any of us.I believe in helping others when you can because you just never know what tomorrow may bring and you could be in the same situation as these people at any moment.I will help out how I can and I would like to encourage others to do the same.
here is some info

Roanoke, IN

#9 Jul 29, 2012
Mick Pollitt is staying with his Mother at 713 Grand Avenue. If you would like to help these people please go to the address stated. Thanks so much for your kindness.
Warden

Grissom Afb, IN

#10 Jul 30, 2012
Smokey wrote:
Smokey we get that you hate smokers as you've so plainly stated on other threads. Can't help but call you out on being narrow minded. This is just my opinion. What part of the fire thread did you fail to understand? It was an electrical fire. Won't stoop to calling you names but geez...it's certainly tempting.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#11 Jul 30, 2012
here is some info wrote:
Mick Pollitt is staying with his Mother at 713 Grand Avenue. If you would like to help these people please go to the address stated. Thanks so much for your kindness.
okay will be there after 1 pm today with somethings. Thanks

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#12 Jul 30, 2012
Note to poster Please and thank you------Went there dropped off some shirts. Hope it was the right place. The young man said the guy wasn't there. I want to make sure he gets the clothes and I didn't get the wrong place. 713 Grand. Looks like the house is getting new siding on it. Am I right? The kid I gave the clothes to had an earring in his chin.
MEE

Connersville, IN

#13 Jul 30, 2012
Indy, I know you are correct on the address. Know who he is and some of his family.(you know me too! Talk to ya sometime!)
MEE

Connersville, IN

#14 Jul 30, 2012
Indy, also God bless you!
very upset

Connersville, IN

#15 Aug 1, 2012
First off Mick Lives alone and his mom pays the rent with his disbility. NO ONE ELSE LIVES THERE!. So he is lying to get free stuff, yet what about the family of 7 downstairs?? Their house was broken into before the fire dept. arrived, which is so sad.They told the red cross the truth and only got three days of help and now they have no where to live. Atleast Mick has a place to go up here. And the fire Marshal has not gave his findings and he also said it could take up to 4 weeks. So please be sure you all are helping the correct people. So again 1 person was living upstairs and 7 people living down stairs.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#16 Aug 1, 2012
very upset wrote:
First off Mick Lives alone and his mom pays the rent with his disbility. NO ONE ELSE LIVES THERE!. So he is lying to get free stuff, yet what about the family of 7 downstairs?? Their house was broken into before the fire dept. arrived, which is so sad.They told the red cross the truth and only got three days of help and now they have no where to live. Atleast Mick has a place to go up here. And the fire Marshal has not gave his findings and he also said it could take up to 4 weeks. So please be sure you all are helping the correct people. So again 1 person was living upstairs and 7 people living down stairs.
Well please tell me and others what the other people need. Don't just come on here mad. Give facts if they need clothes etc. What sizes? I am willing to help anyone as long as it is not a scam and I am sure others would help to if they knew what they need. I can't provide housing but maybe essential like towels, shampoo etc. Get what these people need and post it please and tell where to take it
Its True

Connersville, IN

#17 Aug 1, 2012
indycorvette wrote:
<quoted text>
Well please tell me and others what the other people need. Don't just come on here mad. Give facts if they need clothes etc. What sizes? I am willing to help anyone as long as it is not a scam and I am sure others would help to if they knew what they need. I can't provide housing but maybe essential like towels, shampoo etc. Get what these people need and post it please and tell where to take it
There was a newly married couple living downstairs. They have 2 little boys around 7-9 years old, 2 girls, one is around 9 and the other around 12 I think and a boy getting ready to start his senior year of high school. They basically lost everything. To bad the people who really need the help gets put second in line to an adult man living by hisself but that seems all to typical around here. Sad but true. Hopefully someone who knows will let the rest of us know where or how to get a hold of them.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#18 Aug 1, 2012
Its True wrote:
<quoted text>There was a newly married couple living downstairs. They have 2 little boys around 7-9 years old, 2 girls, one is around 9 and the other around 12 I think and a boy getting ready to start his senior year of high school. They basically lost everything. To bad the people who really need the help gets put second in line to an adult man living by hisself but that seems all to typical around here. Sad but true. Hopefully someone who knows will let the rest of us know where or how to get a hold of them.
Try and find out where they are. I can always give a food certificate or something that will help but I can't help if I don't know. I am hoping that the other man Mike was not a scam. If he lived there too I am sure he lost his thing also.Thanks
get it rite

Chicago Heights, IL

#19 Aug 4, 2012
very upset wrote:
there was only 5 living there, the 2 girls live with there mom they were just there for the weekend

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#20 Aug 4, 2012
Well when someone gets it right I will be glad to help and when someone tells me where to send things I will help. No scams just purely people who need help please. I am sure others would help too if the information would come forth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jordan Sentancing delayed 5 min General Lafayette 13
motorcycle are so loud on east 9th. street (Jul '09) 7 min General Lafayette 83
I seen a saw (Jul '08) 28 min Haha 18
Olivia Willoughby 41 min Opinionated 2
Brainwashing - Who Does it Best? (Mar '14) 1 hr General Lafayette 11
If you could pick anyone to be mayor of conners... (Oct '07) 1 hr General Lafayette 18
Cheaters 2 hr u r nasty 3

Connersville Jobs

Personal Finance

Connersville Mortgages