b-ball

Ashburn, VA

#160 Jul 8, 2008
newsjunkie wrote:
i guarantee if mawbey , dickerson, or bullington had coached matt howard, we'd have some bloody hardware to show for it.
Don't put bullington in that class! He is barely one step above klien. and as we all know that is not saying anything. Anybody that says he won with Pike, it was only because that team was handed to him from Darner.
i love to play

Pasadena, MD

#162 Jul 9, 2008
why in the name of pete sampras is cheerleading even mentioned in this thread? go to the my little pony thread!!
they call me tater salad

Ashburn, VA

#163 Jul 9, 2008
outside the box wrote:
If "Hendy" as you call him, got any kind of D-1 offer he would have taken it.
hendy is what the guys on the team call him....and your incorrect because i heard HENDY say this.
outside the box

United States

#164 Jul 9, 2008
they call me tater salad wrote:
<quoted text>
hendy is what the guys on the team call him....and your incorrect because i heard HENDY say this.
If you heard him say this then it must be true!!! So instead of playing D-1 basketball he is doing what, hanging out with his frineds? That would make total sense to me!!!

I won the Powerball Lotto last week, but decided that unemployment was a better option.
To Smart To Coach

United States

#165 Jul 9, 2008
Rodney Klein is a very nice man and does have a very good group of young men coming up through the ranks which should excel after this year. The class of 2011 should be a very competitive even in class 4A. The group of Miller, McCombs, Hockersmith & Spears have played together and had a winning tradition from Jr. High to the JV last year. If Coach Klein can't win with this group he will be the first coach not to.
j man

Redmond, WA

#166 Jul 9, 2008
these are some fine young men and athletes.i wish them well.they must get better faster stronger to compete at this level.hey maybe we will drop back to 3 a before they graduate??
b-ball

Essex, MD

#167 Jul 9, 2008
To Smart To Coach wrote:
Rodney Klein is a very nice man and does have a very good group of young men coming up through the ranks which should excel after this year. The class of 2011 should be a very competitive even in class 4A. The group of Miller, McCombs, Hockersmith & Spears have played together and had a winning tradition from Jr. High to the JV last year. If Coach Klein can't win with this group he will be the first coach not to.
This sounds like a parent of one of these kids.A very nice man? what the hell? he is in that position to coach(impossible for him) not to be a very nice man! He is a loser and always has been since his days at cambridge city(playing days). He is very use to it! this years senior class almost never lost in jr high. what happened last year as juniors? and that is with their best player being a soph. Hufferd will probable go downhill a little bit this year(another year with klein). Look at kleins record before he came here, at a small school. It was horrible. Can someone please tell me how he ever got this job to start with?
newsjunkie

Ellicott City, MD

#168 Jul 9, 2008
lets just drop to 1a and get it over with.
geez
outside the box

United States

#169 Jul 9, 2008
Klein being the same coach that when "Hendy", as he's known as, overslept during sectionals, made a doctors apppointment for him so that he would beable to play! Knowing that "hendy" wouldn't beable to play without a doctors notice, made the appointment so that he would have his so called "star player" for sectionals. Please tell me how this makes a good coach, teaching his own players how to break rules!!!

“where's the ball”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#170 Jul 10, 2008
To Smart To Coach wrote:
Addison TX huh? I can see Addison from here. Did you go to Kaboom Town?
8th Grade rules

Lindenhurst, NY

#171 Jul 10, 2008
b-ball wrote:
<quoted text> This sounds like a parent of one of these kids.A very nice man? what the hell? he is in that position to coach(impossible for him) not to be a very nice man! He is a loser and always has been since his days at cambridge city(playing days). He is very use to it! this years senior class almost never lost in jr high. what happened last year as juniors? and that is with their best player being a soph. Hufferd will probable go downhill a little bit this year(another year with klein). Look at kleins record before he came here, at a small school. It was horrible. Can someone please tell me how he ever got this job to start with?
I will ask the question which reflects the status Connersville program. What is the starters and players from last years varsity squad doing to improve there skills over the spring & summer? If you are close to the program you will know the answer to this question. Don't blame the coaches when the kids stroll in off the street in Nov. and get there butts kicked all year because the other 4A schools go year round to improve. Skills are not developed in 3 weeks before the season, they can only be honed. There are two talented and committed groups of players in jr. high, they will make ther mark in the early future along with the players currently in the system. Our program is on the rise, it just will take work. Do you think area players like Howard, April McDivitt, Laura Richards, Missy Taylor, Mandy McDivitt, Chase Stigall, Zach Hahn developed there skills over the school year, or year round. WORK ETHIC is the key to success and I just don't see it.
soca

Connersville, IN

#172 Jul 10, 2008
why are all the athletes that are talked about on this thread boys?!?! honestly a girl can be just as successful and a good athlete than any boy! for example: sarah bernzot, leslie roberts, laura richards, rusterholtz sisters, samantha herdrick, lynne ross, kristen gilley, katie ross. GIVE THEM SOME CREDIT!
b-ball

Essex, MD

#173 Jul 10, 2008
8th Grade rules wrote:
<quoted text>
I will ask the question which reflects the status Connersville program. What is the starters and players from last years varsity squad doing to improve there skills over the spring & summer? If you are close to the program you will know the answer to this question. Don't blame the coaches when the kids stroll in off the street in Nov. and get there butts kicked all year because the other 4A schools go year round to improve. Skills are not developed in 3 weeks before the season, they can only be honed. There are two talented and committed groups of players in jr. high, they will make ther mark in the early future along with the players currently in the system. Our program is on the rise, it just will take work. Do you think area players like Howard, April McDivitt, Laura Richards, Missy Taylor, Mandy McDivitt, Chase Stigall, Zach Hahn developed there skills over the school year, or year round. WORK ETHIC is the key to success and I just don't see it.
If you are in 8th grade that explains it. Klein has been here for 10 years now, so that is what kids are use to seeing. I played all the way through high school in the late 80s early 90s- Iknow what goes on. We had several players that would show up to about half the open gyms during the summer and that was the only time they would ever touch a ball. Look back to connersville's record each year from around 1987-94. usually between 17-20 wins every year(with a much tougher schedule). If any one of those teams would have had howard, there is no doubt we would have won a state championship any one of those years(even with the worthless one-larry bullington). They could not win asectional that didnt have very good teams. 3 out of howards 4 years rushville and batesville got beat in th first game of the regional-that is not saying a whole lot. It is to bad that this has became the norm- blaming the kids, but it is obvious that is what has happened around her. The closest thing connersville has to a basketball coach right now is bottomley, so that group should learn everything they can from him, cause it sure aint gonna happen in high school!
8th Grade rules

Lindenhurst, NY

#174 Jul 11, 2008
soca wrote:
why are all the athletes that are talked about on this thread boys?!?! honestly a girl can be just as successful and a good athlete than any boy! for example: sarah bernzot, leslie roberts, laura richards, rusterholtz sisters, samantha herdrick, lynne ross, kristen gilley, katie ross. GIVE THEM SOME CREDIT!
Read the thread above, I did reference some of the fine athletes that are women in Connersville's past. The ones you mentioned are also good athletes and great students. Hats off!!

AOL

#175 Jul 11, 2008
soca wrote:
I totally agree with you! I would like to add Ellie Weber to the list. She swam at the state meet this year and was just a freshman...
RaginCajun

Hinsdale, IL

#179 Jul 11, 2008
Due to Klienís great inability to recognize true/good talent quite a few athletes missed out on making a mark, and having a good HS career. He is about as good a coach as GW is a president.

Location hidden

#180 Jul 11, 2008
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
How did I misspell On's name?
And good for BJ. Where did he go? I was unaware.
I'm pretty sure that kid's name is Andjulon or Anjulon. He's named after his uncles Andre and Julon. Pronounced "On."

Location hidden

#182 Jul 11, 2008
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, no shit. But I have always seen his name spelled "On". So where did I misspell anything?
Simmer down.
soca

Connersville, IN

#183 Jul 11, 2008
8th Grade rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the thread above, I did reference some of the fine athletes that are women in Connersville's past. The ones you mentioned are also good athletes and great students. Hats off!!
oh okay. i didnt get to read yours. but thanks for informing me of that!
soca

Connersville, IN

#184 Jul 11, 2008
Connersville Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with you! I would like to add Ellie Weber to the list. She swam at the state meet this year and was just a freshman...
OH MY GOSH! i cant believe i left her out. i would say she is/will definately be the most succesful out of the ones i named. also paxten drew is definately gonna make it to the olympics in her future. i would bet money on it. thats how confident i am.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ricky Sizemore and Betty (Workmen) Fohl 28 min Co-worker 11
jobs??? (Jul '13) 6 hr Tubby 8
Breanna and Bryce Eklund Jerry Springer Show 7 hr She a hoe 17
i love a parade 7 hr ade 6
I new to city 7 hr ade 16
I need a new dr 7 hr ade 14
I need a groceries 7 hr ade 4
9 arrested in drug bust 21 hr Leo 25

Connersville Jobs

More from around the web