Any info on Lincoln Centers ?

Posted in the Connersville Forum

nanna

Connersville, IN

#1 Jan 15, 2012
I have a relative that may have to go to Lincoln Center & I have heard that there are problems there with rude staff & aides that just stand around and chat when patients have call lights on.
Most disturbing is a co-worker said she knew of someone whose father with cancer was put in a room with someone that had mersa.
Any of this true ?
Jane Doe

Connersville, IN

#2 Jan 16, 2012
I personally believe that not all the staff is rude or just stands around. However, I believe that most of the aides are rude and lazy.
inquiry minds want to kno

Connersville, IN

#3 Jan 16, 2012
Just curious how the lawsuit maybe. Had thought about applying there for a job but with the lawsuit wasn't too sure how that would affect the work there? Any thoughts how it is to work there?
omg

Monee, IL

#4 Jan 16, 2012
First of all the bosses at Lincoln are always making sure lights are answered they do it themselves too.The girls will get into trouble.And for the other thing no they would not that person would be in isolation and somebody that weak couldn't be around that they do think about stuff like that.For the lawsuit it wasn't (Lincoln Center) it was a nursing home in Missouri but same people owned it .They were jus letting people know if they had a problem with the situation they could contact them that used to work at Lincoln.
maybe

Knightstown, IN

#5 Jan 16, 2012
As a person who has had family in various nursing homes, my opinion is heritage house is by far the cleanest and has the most caring staff. jmo
doober

Richmond, IN

#6 Jan 16, 2012
i have heard that the one daulphine day runs is a very good one, as long as shes been the administrator, she must be doing something right!!! it is behind grandview school. think shes been there for years.
More info

Bloomington, IN

#7 Jan 17, 2012
I would visit each nursing home, check out the rooms, the residents, talk to the admissions director and see what condition the place is in. Are the nursing stations well staffed? Do they answer calls or ignore the patient requests? What do the rooms, restrooms look like? Unfortunately CNA's have the minimal of education and do the more menial labor. Some have questionable backgrounds. When my relative was in the nursing home we had to keep anything of any value hidden as things would be stolen. Care and cleanliness, to me, is the most important part though.
no to lc

Chicago, IL

#8 Jan 17, 2012
Bad place. Had a friend in there came in he was always dirty/ wet, food all over him, hasn't been out if bed in days. Don't put a loved one here.
Sam

Connersville, IN

#9 Jan 17, 2012
New DON new managers staff,new adiminstrator, new owners, new management company new housekeeping company. Big improvements.
Ohio

Connersville, IN

#10 Jan 17, 2012
Sam wrote:
New DON new managers staff,new adiminstrator, new owners, new management company new housekeeping company. Big i
mprovement s.
My Aunt was in a nursing home in Liberty Indiana call sycamore springs. She was well taken care of and it was always clean and so was she. This meant alot to me and my family.
Choices

Connersville, IN

#11 Jan 17, 2012
I personally would choose heritage house, or the one that is on grand ave. Lincoln centers is HORRIBLE. However, few staff are ok. I have heard nothing but awful things about it. Patients are rarely given things they ask for (extra blankets, help doing things, etc). I also know someone whose family member was physically abused there multiple times. It's saddening. I would not put my loved one in there if I were you. There are way better choices than Lincoln centers
just know

Connersville, IN

#12 Jan 19, 2012
i wouldn put anyone i loved in lincoln centers.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#13 Jan 19, 2012
There are horror stories about every nursing home. I'm not sure I've ever heard of a nursing home that has a great reputation 100% of the time.

Instead of consulting Topix, I would visit the facility, interact with the staff, and decide for yourself. If you haven't noticed, Topix isn't the best place to get true, honest facts about Connersville or any of the facilities located here.

I worked as a CNA for years and loved my job. I loved the job and the residents made it more than worthwhile. Sometimes the staff is the only interaction the residents have because, as sad as it is, they are "dumped" in to a nursing home by their families, etc.

No matter which facility you go to, you will have staff that love their jobs and are willing to do them to their ability and staff that are in the facility simply for a paycheck. In fact, you'll have such a situation anywhere, not JUST in nursing homes.

Like I said, if you are really interested in admitting a family member, I would visit, interact, and make your own decisions accordingly. All you will get here is horror stories and made up nothingness.
haha

Sublette, IL

#14 Jan 21, 2012
Pants too

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who gives the best 2 hr family 46
wounded childhood w herepted murder'here for a ... (Feb '09) 4 hr What 72
chs 4 hr CHS student 22
Sony USA hacking was an inside job 4 hr just my opinion 4
crossfit training in connersville 4 hr just my opinion 5
38 Registered Sex Offenders in Connersville (Nov '10) 5 hr just my opinion 34
Jason sellers aka herbie 5 hr Nasty 7
Another new restaurant 6 hr sad but true 10
Police on East 5th Street 9 hr Jimmy 4
Connersville Dating