What's your opinion on building a sidewalk to the new Wal-Mart?

Posted in the Connersville Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 41 Comments Last updated Mar 25, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
money

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Good idea or waste of county and city money???
they still are held

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Waste of taxpayer dollars!!!

“Zat's right. I'mmmmm baaaack!”

Since: Nov 07

Connersville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

This option should have been worked out with Walmart before they even built. If they can do it without costing us taxpayers, then go for it.

Get a few more jobs created around here, and maybe the foot traffic will slack off. Perhaps a new shoe store would be useful now?
Perry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Are they able to build a road in from the east side of walmart? Extend Grand or Park?
Just sayin

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Let Wal-mart build it...they chose to put their store there
SOP-WC

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Walmart is facing south because the bypass was to run east / west in front of the building. Our mayor did not like the possibilities of bypass running behind his home. Sooooooooooooo........
ok

Liberty, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Do that many people really walk to Walmart that it justifies building a sidewalk?? Maybe we need a Walmart "bus" to ferry customers there. Supplied by Walmart, of course. Lol Taxpayer dollars should NOT be used for a damn sidewalk to Walmart!!
money

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Let your voices be heard and call the mayor's office with your opinion....you have the right to voice your opinion....I feel that a sidewalk is NOT needed (yet) IF, big IF, that area grows, then new businesses building in that empty field will simply have to destroy sections of a new sidewalk to build their entrances....waste of money....Make WalMart Build it...besides,I only see one or two people a week walk that stretch of road to WM, and I drive it many times daily....
Inquiring Mind

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Go to City Council meetings and make your opinions known!!

Since: Jul 08

Connersville, Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Go to the next city council meeting and make your wishes known!
Ellie May

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

i like that there idea my 8 kids and me aint got no good place to walk wen we head up yonder to wal mart

Since: Mar 09

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

i support a tunnel from just north of u.s. bank.
make the abandoned bank building the subway station.
run a ski lift apparatus through the tunnel to walmart and back to the aforementioned subway station.
this will shield the pedestrians from the elements and we wont have to watch the parade up and down the proposed sidewalk cause it aint gonna be a purdy sight.
Perry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Zip line.
Elle

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

If a sidewalk and lighting are put in from 37th to Walmart,who will maintain it ,remove the snow,the city,just wondering. Another situation that was not thought thru. People from Offutt's Park will walk to get to Walmart. Too bad a paved bike trail from 32nd an extension of Park Rd to Walmart along the tracks was not kept...it is a safety issue indeed to have people walking along the highway. The cart before the horse as usual.
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Bunch of f'n cry babies.
Waiting On Carbon

Richmond, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

This would be great, they just need to keep the sidewalk going all. the way up State Rd 1 to Carbon Motors. They could put light poles along it with benches for people to sit on. That would really look nice for the people coming into Connersville. This could be something the town would be proud of.
Stumpy

Seymour, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Let walmart put in a sidewalk- they are making the money by people using it
Really

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

ok wrote:
Do that many people really walk to Walmart that it justifies building a sidewalk?? Maybe we need a Walmart "bus" to ferry customers there. Supplied by Walmart, of course. Lol Taxpayer dollars should NOT be used for a damn sidewalk to Walmart!!
I would guess 10 at the most! If they want side walks let walmart pay for them! Right they wanted it up there! Hate it that far out! I really wish we could get something else in this town like Target or Kmart again! It's just to far out, I live on the other end of town, and your right if I don't like it I won't go out there!!
DDC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Anybody take the public transport from their home to walmart? What does it cost compared to sidewalks that may get torn up every few years.
wow 1 hole mile

Paoli, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Really wrote:
<quoted text> I would guess 10 at the most! If they want side walks let walmart pay for them! Right they wanted it up there! Hate it that far out! I really wish we could get something else in this town like Target or Kmart again! It's just to far out, I live on the other end of town, and your right if I don't like it I won't go out there!!
Hate it that far out? you act like it's half way to Milton or something.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

104 Users are viewing the Connersville Forum right now

Search the Connersville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ambulances 15 min idiot watcher 16
Zeb Martin 29 min Stacey 11
Keep A Word, Drop A Word (Mar '10) 1 hr Doug77 7,666
Connersville News Examiner & their BS 1 hr NewsBreak 23
welfare 1 hr NUMUM 6
wendys restaurant (May '10) 2 hr health risk 43
Anthony (capital p) Pollitt 2 hr Jessy 5
fried chicken 23 hr NewsBreak 19
OTs Dating Thread # 6 (Aug '13) Sun Kilgore_Trout 4,090