First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Butcher Block

Connersville, IN

#1 Sep 8, 2011
As deer season is fast approaching I would just like to put the word out there if you are interested in finding a cheaper butcher. My husband and I can and will process your game. We will process your deer for a small fee of $100.00 if you would like to have cubed venison that will be extra. If interested please call 7six5-five4one-1nine3zero. Thank you and Happy Hunting.
hey

Connersville, IN

#2 Sep 8, 2011
every body else is cheaper so you wont be getiing any from me. ask around you are not equipted and are way to high
Butcher Block

Connersville, IN

#3 Sep 9, 2011
Thank you for your opinion, however you don't know me nor do you know if I am equiped or not, I inherited all my processing equipment from my father who passed away and for the record it all came from Rhim's in Cambridge City. And as far as being more expensive you are wrong. For you to get on here and call someone a liar then I would not want your business, I'd say do your self. My guess would also be you are not a very fortunate hunter, for if you were then you would obviously know that we were not too expensive. Thank you and Happy Hunting!
Cracker

Richmond, IN

#4 Sep 9, 2011
Butcher Block is your place the one that looks like a junk yard/dump with a bunch of junk cars, trucks, boats, etc sitting around your yard? If so I don't want you to touch my food.
hillbilly jack

Greensburg, IN

#5 Sep 9, 2011
the place i go to at rushville chargs $75. Rihm's last year charged $80....JUST THE FACTS MAN
Info

Franklin, IN

#6 Sep 9, 2011
Hello . Rihms has not processed deer meat for awhile now ( so not sure where hillbilly Jack got his info!) Would love to find someone here in Cville close. Where are you located? We stayed in Cville about 2yrs ago to process meat and it was awful! We took to mustins and all meat was packaged in cheap zip lock baggies from Dollar store ( very thin ) Does not keep well!
Butcher Block

Connersville, IN

#7 Sep 9, 2011
Cracker wrote:
Butcher Block is your place the one that looks like a junk yard/dump with a bunch of junk cars, trucks, boats, etc sitting around your yard? If so I don't want you to touch my food.
Lol no not my residence we have one vehicle.
Butcher Block

Connersville, IN

#8 Sep 9, 2011
Info wrote:
Hello . Rihms has not processed deer meat for awhile now ( so not sure where hillbilly Jack got his info!) Would love to find someone here in Cville close. Where are you located? We stayed in Cville about 2yrs ago to process meat and it was awful! We took to mustins and all meat was packaged in cheap zip lock baggies from Dollar store ( very thin ) Does not keep well!
We package however the person wants their meat packaged, we have used Ziploc bags, glad bags but I beleive the best would be freezer paper. When Rhims stopped processing my dad took over for them in Wayne County, that is where my eguipment came from (Minus the meat saw that thing was dangerous). Mustins I have heard do not package their meat very well and charge an arm and leg. I will not give out my address on this site for obvious reasons...However if you call the number I posted then we can help you with any questions you may have. 7sixfive 5fourone 1nine 3zero. I personally have 20 years experience in deer processing as I have helped my dad with MANY deer and other wild game. Thank you and Happy Hunting.
PAP

Connersville, IN

#9 Sep 10, 2011
Info wrote:
Hello . Rihms has not processed deer meat for awhile now ( so not sure where hillbilly Jack got his info!) Would love to find someone here in Cville close. Where are you located? We stayed in Cville about 2yrs ago to process meat and it was awful! We took to mustins and all meat was packaged in cheap zip lock baggies from Dollar store ( very thin ) Does not keep well!
Rihms still process dear meat. Not sure where you got your info but it was wrong.
hey

Connersville, IN

#10 Sep 10, 2011
mustins in connersville charge 75 dollars
Butcher Block

Connersville, IN

#11 Sep 10, 2011
PAP wrote:
<quoted text>Rihms still process dear meat. Not sure where you got your info but it was wrong.
Rhims do not process deer, they will however make deer sausage for you...You must debone your own meat.( I also have the exact recipe Rhims used for their Venison sausage) And also for the record Rhims is closing their doors after many years of service. I know for a fact they longer BUTCHER deer, like I said before when they quit doing it my father did it for the people in that area. It was not uncommon for my dad to have every heavy duty freezer he had to be filled to the max with deer to process for people....My step-mother and I would have to do each and everyone of them while my dad was on the road (truck driver). I am not going to argue over this matter you are more then welcome to call them personally and ask them. As for Mustins, I am not sure what they charge but I Will be calling to find out, I have never had anyone process our deer, we have always done it ourselves.
PAP

Connersville, IN

#12 Sep 10, 2011
Butcher Block wrote:
<quoted text>Rhims do not process deer, they will however make deer sausage for you...You must debone your own meat.( I also have the exact recipe Rhims used for their Venison sausage) And also for the record Rhims is closing their doors after many years of service. I know for a fact they longer BUTCHER deer, like I said before when they quit doing it my father did it for the people in that area. It was not uncommon for my dad to have every heavy duty freezer he had to be filled to the max with deer to process for people....My step-mother and I would have to do each and everyone of them while my dad was on the road (truck driver). I am not going to argue over this matter you are more then welcome to call them personally and ask them. As for Mustins, I am not sure what they charge but I Will be calling to find out, I have never had anyone process our deer, we have always done it ourselves.
Well it might help if you knew how to spell their name. Its Rihm, not Rhim
Suzen

Franklin, IN

#13 Sep 10, 2011
Have used Mustins for several years.$75 charge. Packaged & labeled in butcher paper. No complaints - they do a good job ina timely manner.
Butcher Block

Connersville, IN

#14 Sep 10, 2011
Thank you Suzen, as I said I was not sure what they charged I have never used them. We have quite alot of people who we do process for because they had some prvious trouble from some area butchers so I figured I would put the word out a little further about my husband and I. I won't tell you or anyone else who they should use, that is totally their choice. Thank you and Happy Hunting!

P.S. Pap, so sorry I spelled Rihms wrong, I am only human and far from perfect.
deer nutz

Lafayette, IN

#15 Sep 13, 2011
deer meat is stringy and tough. eat vegetables you fools.
Rihms Custom Deer Process

Norman, OK

#16 Sep 13, 2011
"We will only be accepting CLEAN, BONELESS, FRESH or FROZEN "NOT GROUND" deer meat and we will process it into one of our fine sausage products.The boneless meat can be fresh or frozen, but it must be from THIS YEAR's hunting season, and if frozen, not over eight weeks old. Please use clear plastic food grade bags or containers, such as Zip-Lock® bags, plastic containers or buckets. We will not accept meat in grocery bags or trash bags because of chemicals, scents or pesticides used in these bags. We also need your deer's metal tag number from the check in station"
Sausage Processing Prices for 2009-2010:
Summer Sausage $8.25 per roll / 3 lb. average
Summer Sausage Chubs $4.00 per roll / 1.25 lb. average
Summer Sausage w/Cheese
(Cheddar or Jalapeño)$8.75 per roll / 3 lb. average
Summer/Cheese Chubs $4.25 per roll / 1.25 lb. average
Salami $8.25 per roll / 3 lb. average
Bologna $8.25 per roll / 3 lb. average
Snack Sticks $6.25 per pound
Hot Snack Sticks w/Cheese $6.75 per pound
Jerky (Hot or Mild)$8.50 per pound on finished weight
Hickory Smoked Hams $15.00 per Ham
Smoked Sausage Links $2.49 per pound on finished weight
Cooked Brats $2.49 per pound on finished weight
Rihms will only take pre-butchered deer and grind into burger or make deer Sausge. They weigh it in give you a claim tag and mix your meat with others.
Meat plant to stay open only the Grocery store is closing.
Jenni

Connersville, IN

#17 Sep 14, 2011
Thank you very much as I stated in a previous post Rihms does not process meat they will however make sausage so there ya go.Thank you and Happy Hunting!!!
Rihms Custom Deer Process wrote:
"We will only be accepting CLEAN, BONELESS, FRESH or FROZEN "NOT GROUND" deer meat and we will process it into one of our fine sausage products.The boneless meat can be fresh or frozen, but it must be from THIS YEAR's hunting season, and if frozen, not over eight weeks old. Please use clear plastic food grade bags or containers, such as Zip-Lock® bags, plastic containers or buckets. We will not accept meat in grocery bags or trash bags because of chemicals, scents or pesticides used in these bags. We also need your deer's metal tag number from the check in station"
Sausage Processing Prices for 2009-2010:
Summer Sausage $8.25 per roll / 3 lb. average
Summer Sausage Chubs $4.00 per roll / 1.25 lb. average
Summer Sausage w/Cheese
(Cheddar or Jalapeño)$8.75 per roll / 3 lb. average
Summer/Cheese Chubs $4.25 per roll / 1.25 lb. average
Salami $8.25 per roll / 3 lb. average
Bologna $8.25 per roll / 3 lb. average
Snack Sticks $6.25 per pound
Hot Snack Sticks w/Cheese $6.75 per pound
Jerky (Hot or Mild)$8.50 per pound on finished weight
Hickory Smoked Hams $15.00 per Ham
Smoked Sausage Links $2.49 per pound on finished weight
Cooked Brats $2.49 per pound on finished weight
Rihms will only take pre-butchered deer and grind into burger or make deer Sausge. They weigh it in give you a claim tag and mix your meat with others.
Meat plant to stay open only the Grocery store is closing.
Hunter

Connersville, IN

#18 Sep 14, 2011
I beleive that Rihms stated in their own post that they will process deer meat. I think your meaning of process and theirs are different. You butcher meaning to cut meat up. They process meaning they make it in to another form. I think "PAPS" meaning was completely different than yours. Then again you also stated that they were closing. And as a lot of us knew that was also untrue.
Hunter

Connersville, IN

#19 Sep 16, 2011
BTW, I.ll be using Rihms!!!
Friday Frank

Upland, IN

#20 Sep 16, 2011
Butcher Block wrote:
As deer season is fast approaching I would just like to put the word out there if you are interested in finding a cheaper butcher. My husband and I can and will process your game. We will process your deer for a small fee of $100.00 if you would like to have cubed venison that will be extra. If interested please call 7six5-five4one-1nine3zero. Thank you and Happy Hunting.
Ain't none of you so-called hunters ever 'process' your deer. Ya jez go out an' shoot the poor critters, cut off their heads and hang the stinkin' things over your phoney Amish made electric fireplaces. Then ya go over to Maggie's, smoke, drink coffee an' brag about your f**kin' deer massacre! The only meat ya ever process is makin' your ol' lady douche before ya eat 'er!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Channel 8 news 1 hr Geoff 32
What all did Jordan wadle get away with this time 2 hr Gotaquestion 3
Keep A Word, Drop A Word (Mar '10) 2 hr Fairydust 13,162
Three Word Phrase - Game (May '13) 2 hr Fairydust 3,050
4 Word Phrase - Game (Nov '13) 2 hr Fairydust 2,041
Five letter word game (Jan '11) 2 hr Fairydust 8,100
Girl at speedway 2 hr Connie 4
Wayne Crabtree 13 hr Done 76

Connersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Connersville Mortgages