Internet connections Bridge Maxx, Ver...

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#41 Sep 16, 2008
Curling up with a nice book in front of a fireplace is the only way to go. I've never wanted or owned a computer and see absolutely no need for it. They waste energy and distract one from the realities of life.

Yes. A good book and a softly crackling fire. Ain't nothin' better.
hix9459

Lynn, IN

#42 Sep 18, 2008
I just switched to bridgemaxx... i am having trouble hooking up my brand new type "N" router. Has anyone else had the same problems and could they possibly help me to tell me someone that could.
Shadillac

AOL

#43 Oct 10, 2008
We live in BFE also and presently have dial up and it sux. Bridge Maxx is new to our area although we live on eighth of a mile from our local city cable service!! They have been telling us high speed cable is not in our area YET! We have have a northern ohio cable service plus a Direct TV dish (basic) and cannot get our city's cable let alone dsl. Even Verizon tells us the cable has not been run out our road for dsl but we have Verizon landline - go figure! For no more than what I pay for S-L-O-W dial up - better just keep it till the modern world catches up with our one eighth of a mile!!! Why do I keep picturing those Geico guys installing our broadband?????

Since: Jul 08

Connersville, Indiana

#44 Oct 11, 2008
Big Daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived in the county and now have moved back to town and have Y-DIAL.Have had no problem with them in the 3 years i have had them.And only $30.00 a month and you buy the equipment so you can take with if you was to move. A good company
Do you have to have a home phone?

Since: Oct 08

Acton, MA

#45 Oct 11, 2008
I have tried them all, bridgemax and wild blue are about the worst wastes of money and comcast will straight up lie to you about the cost and all the hidden fees even when you ask themm about them specifically. I have found that for 14.95 a month you can get verizon from ricks repairs in c'vill. so far for me it has been the best deal for the money.
Tip

Greenwood, IN

#46 Oct 11, 2008
Bridge Maxx is not cable.
Call them, I assure they can hook you up.
I live 8 miles from C-ville and am a very happy customer.
Shadillac wrote:
We live in BFE also and presently have dial up and it sux. Bridge Maxx is new to our area although we live on eighth of a mile from our local city cable service!! They have been telling us high speed cable is not in our area YET! We have have a northern ohio cable service plus a Direct TV dish (basic) and cannot get our city's cable let alone dsl. Even Verizon tells us the cable has not been run out our road for dsl but we have Verizon landline - go figure! For no more than what I pay for S-L-O-W dial up - better just keep it till the modern world catches up with our one eighth of a mile!!! Why do I keep picturing those Geico guys installing our broadband?????
Smartazz

Britton, MI

#47 Oct 11, 2008
Bridge Maxx is a profit scam operated by the church of Jehovah's Witnesses.
novabeatnik

Lake Station, IN

#48 Nov 14, 2008
Smartazz wrote:
Bridge Maxx is a profit scam operated by the church of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Could you provide some evidence..
Lovin It

Greenwood, IN

#49 Nov 14, 2008
I purchased Bridgemax at the fall festival this year. Brought the modem home and plugged it in, It's been working Great since then. Not 1 single problem.The cost is a flat $24.95 a month. 1 Year sign up and I got the 13 month free. Steve is the rep that I used and you cannot get any better service than what I received. I Highly recommend BridgeMax. Fast and Reliable! I do not care for Comcast nor Verizon, To many hidden cost!
NID

Twin Falls, ID

#50 Nov 19, 2008
I could not get anyother high speed service where I live without paying $50 $60 month. I now have Bridgemax and they are somewhat new to our area. I know quite a few other people in the area that have it and they are all extremely happy with it. I am able to use another high speed internet where I work and I can say there is no difference between the two and the one at work is connected via cable.

I would recommend that you have the correct number of bars on the unit available and I am told if need be you can install and antenna to get a better signal. I have not been down once since connecting. I bought the year package deal because it saved quite a bit of money, at least in my area. I also must say that not having it in any connected to my phone lines makes me a happy camper. I was also told that it is more secure than the phone line, any way hope this helps someone, by one pleased customer.
Bob Wehadababyitsabo y

Lynn, IN

#52 Dec 14, 2008
Connersvillian wrote:
Curling up with a nice book in front of a fireplace is the only way to go. I've never wanted or owned a computer and see absolutely no need for it. They waste energy and distract one from the realities of life.
Yes. A good book and a softly crackling fire. Ain't nothin' better.
How did you make that post, you send a telegram or pony express? hahaha

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#53 Dec 14, 2008
LOL.......after all this time, someone actually caught on to that!

So, what'd ya name the baby, Bob?
guest

Greenwood, IN

#54 Dec 14, 2008
they got all the bugs worked out of mine and now it works great
trevor williamson

Boise, ID

#55 Dec 25, 2008
bridgemaxx is the worst internet when i go to download a 262mb patch for world of warcraft it takes up to 4-5 hours and that is one of the smaller patches too so i dont recomend this type of internet its is the biggest waste of money

Since: Jul 08

Connersville, Indiana

#56 Dec 25, 2008
It all depends on what is available in your area .. I myself can get Comcast, Verizon, Verizon EVDO (cell), or Bridge Maxx..

I have had all but Bridge Max and currently am using Comcast... It also depends on what you want .. If all you do is post on forums like this and download the occasional update... then Verizon's 768/128 kbps plan for $14.95 is the way to go or Comcast 768/256 economy plan for I believe around $19..

I needed faster upload speed for VPN funtions so Comcast was the one for me with the 8megabit down 2 megabit upload tier...

Also you can Verizon DSL without having to have home phone service ... Just call them at 800-483-4000 and tell them you want a data only line or they sometimes refer to it as a "dry loop" line ..

Hope this helps someone ... Connnersville has came along way since about 3-4 years ago in terms of the avilabilty of broadband internet services.

Be happy with what you can get ... I myself am waiting on DOCSIS 3.0 to roll out from Comcast for the even higher speed tiers ... Faster uploads will save me a ton of time when I am working from home :)
Shop-a-holic

Greenwood, IN

#57 Dec 25, 2008
big_b wrote:
It all depends on what is available in your area .. I myself can get Comcast, Verizon, Verizon EVDO (cell), or Bridge Maxx..
I have had all but Bridge Max and currently am using Comcast... It also depends on what you want .. If all you do is post on forums like this and download the occasional update... then Verizon's 768/128 kbps plan for $14.95 is the way to go or Comcast 768/256 economy plan for I believe around $19..
I needed faster upload speed for VPN funtions so Comcast was the one for me with the 8megabit down 2 megabit upload tier...
Also you can Verizon DSL without having to have home phone service ... Just call them at 800-483-4000 and tell them you want a data only line or they sometimes refer to it as a "dry loop" line ..
Hope this helps someone ... Connnersville has came along way since about 3-4 years ago in terms of the avilabilty of broadband internet services.
Be happy with what you can get ... I myself am waiting on DOCSIS 3.0 to roll out from Comcast for the even higher speed tiers ... Faster uploads will save me a ton of time when I am working from home :)
Good night! What an answer and you already know 3/4 of the people on here have no idea what the heck you said. No doubt it was for yourself.
Santa Clause

Greenwood, IN

#58 Dec 25, 2008
I use bridgemax but honestly i have had them all here is how they rate on service and speed

Comcast (fasted)

Verizon & Bridegmax tie

dial up sucks elfs butts lol
newsjunkie

Ashburn, VA

#59 Dec 25, 2008
ty big_b

Since: Dec 08

Connersville, IN

#60 Dec 25, 2008
Comcast Internet was out in my area all day Sunday and ever since it came back up, it's been slower than molasses. I called and they admit that the packets are low and they are sending out a repairman Monday.....but, I don't think a repairman is going to help when half the people in my area are having the same problem. They wouldn't admit the problem is on their end for nothing

Since: Jul 08

Connersville, Indiana

#61 Dec 25, 2008
It could be a number of issues causing the problem... Faulty equipment due to the extreme temp drop or the high winds ... It is probably a problem with the "node" serving your area causing the packet loss .. I have always seen that they are quick to respond to problems ...

One good way to find the problem is running a trace route ... go to the command prompt (you can get to this by going to start menu then the run command)

In the run command type tracert google.com

This will show the "hops" and the packet loss (if any) at each "network hop" that your data traffic takes to get to it's destination .. in this case www.google.com

If you see packet loss on the first hop that is not a 192.168.xxx.xxx IP(usually 2nd hop if your behind a router) then it is usually the physical line or "trunk line" between your cable modem and the node causing the problem ... If you see loss after your "node" hop then it is more than likely a line problem beyond the node ..

If you see loss everywhere then it is more than likely a backbone problem .. I wouldn't suspect this as more people than a few would be affected..

Every and I do mean EVERY provider will have an issue from time to time ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what do you think Brock Turley, Josh Hall and M... (Dec '10) 28 min Cold 24
Who's the best dentist in connersville 32 min Ddub 1
Double welfare stroller 1 hr Citizen 16
Pearlie Urban (Dec '08) 3 hr Swt Lcc 109
tyler g. smith 4 hr Josie pearson 3
Tired of New Castles cast offs (May '10) 4 hr HC Hogencog 6
This is Wooder 4 hr Miss 4
911 Director Fired 4 hr Worthless 22
irresponsible police chief 14 hr Rock 6

Connersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Connersville Mortgages