Meridian Automotive Systems

Meridian Automotive Systems

Posted in the Connersville Forum

Since: May 09

Connersville, IN

#1 May 27, 2009
What is going on with Meridian Automotive Systems in Rushville and Shelbyville? Are they closing them both down?
mr me

Bangor, MI

#3 May 29, 2009
whathehellever wrote:
What is going on with Meridian Automotive Systems in Rushville and Shelbyville? Are they closing them both down?
nope- selling them
Only the Facts

United States

#4 May 30, 2009
Magna International is currently as we speak completing the purchase of the Meridian SMC facility in Grabill, IN. Magna is also purchasing some of Meridians molding facilities, although Shelbyville is not one of them.

Since: May 09

Connersville, IN

#5 Jun 1, 2009
Is the Rushville plant one of them?
Only the Facts

United States

#6 Jun 4, 2009
No, they purchased SMC, Lenoir, Newton, Salisbury, and the plants in Mexico.
meridian worker

Hingham, MA

#7 Jun 4, 2009
worker

United States

#8 Jun 16, 2009
What is going on with meridian's mexico employees, why the mexican employees were not hired directly by Magna ?
Are they gonna belong some day to Magna or are they gonna be leasing always ( people is disapointed for this situation)?
pissed spouse

Bradenton, FL

#9 Jul 6, 2009
they didnt even tell the workers that the shop was to close they found out in the front page of the shelbyville paper friday morning and management there hasnt still told them anything other than call some number to see if u come back to work. they canceled any vacation time they had left and droped insurance but still want them to call every week to see if they r called back.
B.S.

management there is like a 2nd grade class
Hill Jack

Elmhurst, IL

#10 Jul 6, 2009
pissed spouse wrote:
they didnt even tell the workers that the shop was to close they found out in the front page of the shelbyville paper friday morning and management there hasnt still told them anything other than call some number to see if u come back to work. they canceled any vacation time they had left and droped insurance but still want them to call every week to see if they r called back.
B.S.
management there is like a 2nd grade class
You didn't know this was coming?
whathehellever

Connersville, IN

#11 Jul 6, 2009
That's not the point dumbass!
Hill Jack

Elmhurst, IL

#12 Jul 7, 2009
whathehellever wrote:
That's not the point dumbass!
Don't get mad. I'm sure Kroger is looking for cart gatherers and grocery baggers.

Since: Mar 09

Pasadena, MD

#13 Jul 7, 2009
kroger is a good gig these days
Hill Jack

Elmhurst, IL

#14 Jul 7, 2009
THE newsjunkie wrote:
kroger is a good gig these days
That's all I need. A bunch of grumpy old factory workers bagging my groceries. Don't touch my eggs and quit looking at my ass.

“otr trucker”

Since: Feb 09

ionia mi

#15 Nov 1, 2009
not to worry about ex meridian employers being walmart greeters or kroger cart gatherers that job is way beyond their mental abilities or ambitions. I know i worked at a Meridian plant for awhile in Ionia Mi, what a bunch of lazy a..ho... and complainers.
N-o-cent bystandr

Leslie, MI

#16 Nov 13, 2009
Too bad it's come to this: name calling by those left in the fray. Don't worry, the big 2 are gvt owned now, big bro will take care of us...oops, slipped into that sarcasm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep A Word, Drop A Word (Mar '10) 2 min Vector aka Victor... 12,172
Donald J Trump Presidency 6 min ICE 586
Clean this forum up jerk 33 min Chu Chu Rubusco 19
Is Deputy Bobby Revalee a Thief ? ? 41 min Chu Chu Rubusco 1
Jason 8ball 5 hr Scumbag 1
Hannah Hamilton 5 hr Sisterhood 1
Madison McQueen 6 hr Zeb 11

Connersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance