County Comissioners Against Free Ente...

County Comissioners Against Free Enterprise ?

Posted in the Connersville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Small Town mentality

Loogootee, IN

#1 Dec 2, 2012
So the county won't let Reid Build a facility and bring better healthcare here ??? as reported in Richmond newspaper " Commissioners Richie Pflum, Barton Barker and Gary Breitenbach voted against the zoning change due to concerns about the impact of an expanded Reid presence" - Randy White of FRHS asked the county not to approve the Zoning.

This us UNBELIEVABLE.Can anyone have a business in this town and then go to the county to block competitors ?

COUNCIL - your JOB is to look at the legality & Safety of ZONING- NOT stack the deck for local business. SHAME ON YOU.

The REASON Reid is what they are and the REASON people go there is to get superior care. Thanks guys now we will just keep driving to Richmond.

Heaven forbid we try to pull higher levels of healthcare and doctors here then Connersville might actually GROW

Oh well- this mentality is why you got voted out of office - Enjoy your free time.
Slow Drip

Loogootee, IN

#2 Dec 2, 2012
Since Fayette Hospital is so worried that Reid will hurt the business it makes me think maybe they need to step up thier game a little bit ? But in Connersville If you cant match or beat the competition you just tell the referee that the competition cant play ? Is that it ?
Sally Mander

Chicago, IL

#3 Dec 2, 2012
Slow Drip wrote:
Since Fayette Hospital is so worried that Reid will hurt the business it makes me think maybe they need to step up thier game a little bit ? But in Connersville If you cant match or beat the competition you just tell the referee that the competition cant play ? Is that it ?
.
.
The last two post ae right on .These Bozos and others ae against anyone who wats to build or start up anything to create jobs,what the he$$ is the matter with them?.Adyou were also riight their job at hand was the zone process not what the business is.
Cengra

Connersville, IN

#4 Dec 2, 2012
Not to worry citizens, if Fatal Memorial keeps on losing money, Reid will take them over anyway. I got a request in the mail the other day asking for a contribution to Fatal Memorial. lol Can you believe that? It made a great subject to get a quick laugh over dinner.

I'm tempted to send a contribution to Fatal Memorial, however; what I have in mind to send them would not fit in an envelope, I'd have to send it to them in a box or something! lol
reviver

Peoria, IL

#5 Dec 2, 2012
Money still going out of town. Just another way to keep jobs out and poverty in! Breitenbach should not have voted. His wife is a nurse. CONFLICT of INTEREST ???
oh no

Granger, IN

#6 Dec 2, 2012
reviver wrote:
Money still going out of town. Just another way to keep jobs out and poverty in! Breitenbach should not have voted. His wife is a nurse. CONFLICT of INTEREST ???
You are right...she is a nurse at FRHS and therefore he had a conflict of interest. On another note...I'm disappointed to see the local hospital referred to in such a negative manner. I am NOT an employee of the hospital nor do I have any relatives who work there, BUT speaking from experience, our hospital does an outstanding job with the limitations that a small town hospital has. They take care of what they can and prep and move to a more capable facility when needed INCLUDING Reid.
haa

Connersville, IN

#7 Dec 3, 2012
thought he did excuse himself from the vote due to that fact.....
shame on you

Brookville, IN

#8 Dec 3, 2012
QUOTE
COUNCIL - your JOB is to look at the legality & Safety of ZONING- NOT stack the deck for local business. SHAME ON YOU.
The REASON Reid is what they are and the REASON people go there is to get superior care. Thanks guys now we will just keep driving to Richmond.
QUOTE

The commissioners and the council are two different bodies of county government. The commissioners are the executive body. The council is the fiscal body. Do your homework.

Biff

Roanoke, IN

#9 Dec 3, 2012
Our county council and commissioners are thinking only of what's best for the citizens of Fayette County and how they can best serve our wonderful community. I'm postitive they will decide whats best and there should be no doubt as to their professional decisions.
followingthepost ings

Brookville, IN

#10 Dec 3, 2012
This issue becomes a double edge sword. Reid hospital is a great hospital managed very well to create a good income stream. They are able to draw from a larger population region including our own. The only flaw I see in their operation is, the building they left behind. It has been sold but currently looks like a Chernobyl picture.

With Reid's continued presence in Fayette County and asking for more, will only cause our hospital to be either taken over or closed in time. Closing would not be good for Fayette County from a mere logistical point of view. Health care facilities in a community adds to the quality and peace of mind if the need arises.

I sometimes compare this issue much like the Walmart take over of our community and destroying the business district down town. I wonder how many post on this page are from people who have a vested interest in the sale of this property.

Dr Doom

Roanoke, IN

#11 Dec 3, 2012
When hospitals become commercial profit combatants, the quality of care will go down.
followingthepost ings

Brookville, IN

#12 Dec 3, 2012
I have a message for this community. Fix it. When a problem takes place, fix the problem. If this hospital needs fixed or at the very least some tweaking then don't destroy it, FIX IT.

Way to often, in this town, when problems arise then everybody steps back and bitches. Playing the blame game instead of joining groups or participating in public meetings submitting ideas. Step up to the table and quit hiding behind computer screens bitching. If you got a problem with this hospital then get involved first by writing a letter to the board. That is a start.
economist

United States

#13 Dec 3, 2012
followingthepostings wrote:
I have a message for this community. Fix it. When a problem takes place, fix the problem. If this hospital needs fixed or at the very least some tweaking then don't destroy it, FIX IT.
Way to often, in this town, when problems arise then everybody steps back and bitches. Playing the blame game instead of joining groups or participating in public meetings submitting ideas. Step up to the table and quit hiding behind computer screens bitching. If you got a problem with this hospital then get involved first by writing a letter to the board. That is a start.
When you block out the competition you dont have to fix anything cause your the only game in town .Ask yourself why the panic by FRHS in the first place ? Kinda telling isnt it ? Rise to the occasion or blackball the threat - we see what that choice was
followingthepost ings

Brookville, IN

#14 Dec 3, 2012
economist, Based on your comments, if competition takes place in this small market area, then they would both go broke, in their quest to put the other out of business. To much duplication and therefore under used equipment just to mention part of the problem.

There are several days when no one is housed overnight in the hospital. They didn't all go to Reid. Doctors and hospitals would like to request more to stay over night but insurance, both private and public, won't let that happen. Fix it, don't throw it in the trash, like a broken TV.
bliss

Roanoke, IN

#15 Dec 3, 2012
healthcare should be cooperative, not competitive! It's NOT a commercial business, it's caring for the sick and injured.
UNLVGRAD

Loogootee, IN

#16 Dec 3, 2012
followingthepostings wrote:
economist, Based on your comments, if competition takes place in this small market area, then they would both go broke, in their quest to put the other out of business. To much duplication and therefore under used equipment just to mention part of the problem.
There are several days when no one is housed overnight in the hospital. They didn't all go to Reid. Doctors and hospitals would like to request more to stay over night but insurance, both private and public, won't let that happen. Fix it, don't throw it in the trash, like a broken TV.
- I dont think you address the point. Can you imagine what cellular service would be like if AT&T and Verizon could prevent a new competitor from entering, merely by arguing that they already have enough capacity to handle call volume?or that it would put them out of business? This strategy will not allow the status quo to ever move in this Community. Fearmongers will always beat the "going out of Business drum". Henry Ford tried like hell to keep out the competition - I'm glad he failed cause we would all be driving model T's still.
followingthepost ings

Brookville, IN

#17 Dec 3, 2012
UNLVGRAD, not sure if you are a grad. Oh well "bliss" stated it very well. We certainly don't need another wholly separate health care provider in this town. What we do need is a new administrator and a fresh board to begin to get the hospital back on track. There has been to much infighting and a new start needs to take place. I really don't know where the blame should fall but the only way to begin a new is clean the house.
Cengra

Connersville, IN

#18 Dec 3, 2012
followingthepostings wrote:
UNLVGRAD, not sure if you are a grad. Oh well "bliss" stated it very well. We certainly don't need another wholly separate health care provider in this town. What we do need is a new administrator and a fresh board to begin to get the hospital back on track. There has been to much infighting and a new start needs to take place. I really don't know where the blame should fall but the only way to begin a new is clean the house.
Don't you think Reid could start out new after cleaning house? Do you think it would be a good idea?
followingthepost ings

Brookville, IN

#19 Dec 3, 2012
Cengra, maybe it would be good for Reid to simply take over the management of the hospital. Bring their doctors, they employ to the local hospital. The cost of health care would then be less since they don't need to build a facility on the east side of town avoiding duplication of equipment.
UNLVGRAD

Loogootee, IN

#20 Dec 3, 2012
followingthepostings wrote:
UNLVGRAD, not sure if you are a grad. Oh well "bliss" stated it very well. We certainly don't need another wholly separate health care provider in this town. What we do need is a new administrator and a fresh board to begin to get the hospital back on track. There has been to much infighting and a new start needs to take place. I really don't know where the blame should fall but the only way to begin a new is clean the house.
HAHA - yep graduated in 94 with a Masters in Communications and minor in Economics. I agree we need new ideas, and alot of time those ides are spurred by outside companies "Raising the Bar" - I'm disappointed the County stopped Reid ; I just think this removes the motivation for FRHS to reach out and take the next step. Oh well, if my loved ones need more complicated healthcare we will run to richmond at the end of the day .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump 3 min Ignorant Trumpfla... 405
I'd love a 3 way with Kim & Lynn. total hotties (Sep '14) 6 min It ate up 26
Keep A Word, Drop A Word (Mar '10) 19 min Princess Hey 12,563
End of the Word Game (Nov '10) 20 min Princess Hey 9,565
Four Vowel Word Game (Jul '13) 39 min Vector aka Victor... 3,147
Three Word Phrase - Game (May '13) 41 min Vector aka Victor... 2,583
4 Word Phrase - Game (Nov '13) 43 min Vector aka Victor... 1,598
Anyone heard the news????? Mon Father Time 16

Connersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Connersville Mortgages