First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wondering

United States

#1 Mar 12, 2010
Anyone been looking for mushrooms yet? The tulip bulbs are starting to come up & there is other signs of spring showing now. Just wondering if they are up yet. Can't wait to have a good mess to eat.
music fan

Mooresville, IN

#2 Mar 13, 2010
not yet! should be a good season for em. come on warm weather!
Marhta

AOL

#3 Mar 13, 2010
music fan wrote:
You oK? I gave you and your wife the night flowers at RCF.

“Live, Love, Laugh”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#4 Mar 13, 2010
Observer, I figured you would be on this thread being you love mushrooms. It shouldn't be too long now should it?

Since: Oct 09

Greensburg, IN

#5 Mar 13, 2010
Now, this is a thread worth reading. I have learned quite a bit from morels.com . They grow in several states that I would have never suspected. Georgia, Tennessee, New York, Washington, and many, many more. One tidbit that is interesting but does not really pertain to this area is that a mushroom woods that is in a forest fire is extremely productive for a few years afterwards. They have learned that the spores do not grow from the ground but instead "infect" the live tree. The reason we have always thought that they feed from dead trees is that when a tree that is infected with the spores which grows mushrooms will grow more mushrooms because the tree is dying to produce more mushrooms before it too dies. thought you might find this interesting.
Observer

United States

#6 Mar 13, 2010
Yep, I'm here Milee; got my poke all ready to go!!! Soon as I see a snake, I'm done!!!!
wondering

Elizabeth, NJ

#7 Mar 13, 2010
I found some huge grey sponge one year under some pine trees, about 10 pounds of them. Thought I was in mushroom heaven. They also like to grow under black cherry trees. I can't wait to hit the woods this season. It should be a really good year for em!
music fan

Royal Center, IN

#8 Mar 14, 2010
Marhta wrote:
<quoted text>You oK? I gave you and your wife the night flowers at RCF.
I be otay! You still doing RCF? I've heard it's getting to be like working in a whole different country! I'm not working yet but I'm staying on top of things. If you do Facebook look me up. There's several RCF folk on there.
music fan

Royal Center, IN

#9 Mar 14, 2010
Marhta wrote:
<quoted text>You oK? I gave you and your wife the night flowers at RCF.
Yep, doing otay! You still there? If you do Facebook look me up. Several RCF folk on there.

this may be a double post. first time didn't show up for some reason. so I'm posting again.

Since: Jan 10

Connersville

#10 Mar 14, 2010
Yep good thread I LOVE MUSHROOMS cant wait til they pop up, I enjoy hunting them too.
wondering

United States

#11 Mar 14, 2010
Gonna be in the 60's last part of the week. Hope it warms the ground enough for them to pop up.

“Live, Love, Laugh”

Location hidden

#12 Mar 14, 2010
Observer wrote:
Yep, I'm here Milee; got my poke all ready to go!!! Soon as I see a snake, I'm done!!!!
You be ok Obs! Dem dar snakes just hide in the grass. Hee!
RGBJr

Connersville, IN

#14 Mar 15, 2010
Milee stop by moms in a couple of weeks i should have some for you.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#15 Mar 15, 2010
RGBJr wrote:
could you have some for me too?

“Live, Love, Laugh”

Location hidden

#16 Mar 15, 2010
RGBJr wrote:
Hey hows my favorite nephew?

you can email me at
milee1717@yahoo.com

good seeing you here
just me

Connersville, IN

#17 Mar 19, 2010
music fan wrote:
This might be a dumb question, But how can you tell if its gonna be a good season?

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Mar 19, 2010
just me wrote:
<quoted text>
This might be a dumb question, But how can you tell if its gonna be a good season?
I might be wrong, but I think a wet and rainy winter is good for them. We had a lot of rain this winter and the ground is really moist right now.
music fan

Columbus, IN

#19 Mar 19, 2010
Thank you krisspykriss. Yes a good moist winter and some nice warm early spring nights should make for a good mushroom season. Used to back 40 years ago when I would go with my dad and grandpa.
just me

Connersville, IN

#20 Mar 19, 2010
That makes sense. thanks
just me

Connersville, IN

#21 Mar 19, 2010
How warm does it need to get before they come up? is it warm enough now you think

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what happened with the 7 who were just found de... 2 hr The truth 9
wreck 2 hr cville 2
Paul Freed 2 hr the gavel 46
Joe Hamiltons Affair 3 hr Grandson 35
Megan morales 3 hr Wonka 1
Leonard Urban - Why aren't you helping Dunns Out 4 hr Kevin 3
Jimbo and the Evitts 5 hr Confused 19
Gillmans closing 6 hr yep 9
Shell eastside 9 hr Smokey 13
Heroin epidemic is over Fri iknow 25