FM Radio In Connersville
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Mayor of Eastisde

Essex, MD

#1 Jan 1, 2008
I think it is important to have an FM radio Station here, local to our town. Is Connersville really below the threshhold to have an FM station? I have tried doing the AM thing, I find it unreliable to reach out throughout the couty- like it is underpowered.
News, Swap shop, road conditions, Weather, events, etc.. all seem better getting them from the radio , as it seems more current.
Whats it take ? doesnt rushville have FM ?

Since: Feb 07

Connersville, Indiana

#2 Jan 1, 2008
They moved the Connersville FM station to 94.3 (the old dial position of the Rushville Station which they purchased). The programming comes out of the Connersville studios as far as I know...howver the signal of the 94.3 frequency is not the best down here in the valley--it is adequate
Mayor of Eastisde

Essex, MD

#3 Jan 1, 2008
So this 94.3 is being trasmitted from here or rushville?

Since: Feb 07

Connersville, Indiana

#4 Jan 1, 2008
I honestly do not know...I believe the 94.3 signal is broadcast from the rushville tower site (near Carthage I think). They cannot move the signal origination due to other stations on the same frequency
Mayor of Eastisde

Essex, MD

#6 Jan 1, 2008
I see, I just tried 94.3. It is a weak.
Iris-Lily

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#7 Jan 2, 2008
It has been in the Rushville paper that people in Rush County resent the fact that their radio station was taken over by "Connersville" people. Comments made in the Rush paper were: "we need a radio station that is interesting in Rushville.,,.they slant the news to make it sound more dramatic.,,.Two guys who are on the radio are not funny...said the only ones who laugh are the radio guys doing the laughing.....connersville put up with those obnoxious commentators but Rush County thinks they are abnoxious..... I wonder if they were listening to briscoe....All of us who listened to Connersville radio know these comments are true. Briscoe made sure his friends, family, politics were protected. all others were fair game for his flair of changing the facts to get listeners to stay thru those unending commercials. He made many a mountain out of a molehill, causing pain to many a person or family.

Since: Feb 07

Connersville, Indiana

#8 Jan 3, 2008
Iris-Lily wrote:
It has been in the Rushville paper that people in Rush County resent the fact that their radio station was taken over by "Connersville" people. Comments made in the Rush paper were: "we need a radio station that is interesting in Rushville.,,.they slant the news to make it sound more dramatic.,,.Two guys who are on the radio are not funny...said the only ones who laugh are the radio guys doing the laughing.....connersville put up with those obnoxious commentators but Rush County thinks they are abnoxious..... I wonder if they were listening to briscoe....All of us who listened to Connersville radio know these comments are true. Briscoe made sure his friends, family, politics were protected. all others were fair game for his flair of changing the facts to get listeners to stay thru those unending commercials. He made many a mountain out of a molehill, causing pain to many a person or family.
OUCH!
Amazed

Edison, NJ

#9 Jan 3, 2008
Iris-Lily wrote:
It has been in the Rushville paper that people in Rush County resent the fact that their radio station was taken over by "Connersville" people. Comments made in the Rush paper were: "we need a radio station that is interesting in Rushville.,,.they slant the news to make it sound more dramatic.,,.Two guys who are on the radio are not funny...said the only ones who laugh are the radio guys doing the laughing.....connersville put up with those obnoxious commentators but Rush County thinks they are abnoxious..... I wonder if they were listening to briscoe....All of us who listened to Connersville radio know these comments are true. Briscoe made sure his friends, family, politics were protected. all others were fair game for his flair of changing the facts to get listeners to stay thru those unending commercials. He made many a mountain out of a molehill, causing pain to many a person or family.
Just goes to show people will whine and cry no matter what. I am glad WIFE is back on the FM, I just wish it was with the oldies instead of country. I mostly listen to the AM, but can't always get it. People in Rushville should be glad they did not completely loose their FM like we did the old station. All I heard was how everyone wanted an FM again for Connersville, now there is one and still you b***h. I do wish that 94.3 was a stronger signal, but hey, it's better than nothing. As far as thier news coverage, I don't think Briscoe covers enough sometimes. Maybe you had a family member in the news and that makes you angry, but they don't make the news, they just report it. If anyone from WIFE reads this, bring the oldies to 94.3 and ditch the country, otherwise thanks for just being there.
Postman

Connersville, IN

#10 Jan 3, 2008
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
Just goes to show people will whine and cry no matter what. I am glad WIFE is back on the FM, I just wish it was with the oldies instead of country. I mostly listen to the AM, but can't always get it. People in Rushville should be glad they did not completely loose their FM like we did the old station. All I heard was how everyone wanted an FM again for Connersville, now there is one and still you b***h. I do wish that 94.3 was a stronger signal, but hey, it's better than nothing. As far as thier news coverage, I don't think Briscoe covers enough sometimes. Maybe you had a family member in the news and that makes you angry, but they don't make the news, they just report it. If anyone from WIFE reads this, bring the oldies to 94.3 and ditch the country, otherwise thanks for just being there.
1580 AM is a joke there is a 8 mile streach where you can pick it up and that is it. We have to connect to it by internet to get it. The fm station doesn't even have our kids basketball games live. We need to ditch Rushville crybabies

Since: Feb 07

Connersville, Indiana

#11 Jan 3, 2008
Both sides have a valid point. For MANY years....over 50 to be exact, WCNB-FM and most recently WIFE was a viable LOCAL FM station in Connersville--SERVING Fayette County as well as Union, Northern Franlin County, Eastern Rush County and Southern Wayne County...

On the other side, Rushville, had THEIR OWN radio station on 94.3--WRCR and most recently WKWH.

BOTH did a great job in providing local news, weather and sports.

It took one man and a greed for 17 plus million dollars to implode both stations and start from scratch.

DAVID RODGERS sold the 100.3 FM frequency to a radio company in Cincinnati...tried to modify the AM 1580 station enough to suffice the local public but that didn't work because of the very low power output. Then he decided to rob the Rush County people of their station. They have tried to cover up the switch and camouflage it as much as possible by covering some news out of Rush County---and I will give them credit--THEY HAVE TRIED.

Bottom line is, the Connersviklle people were robbed--their station is literally GONE....you don't get a clear signal many times in town on the FM PLUS the local news weather and sports coverage just isn't there anymore...

If you were a Rush County resident, I sure you would look at it from the same fashion.

It's sad.....there was a group of us that tried to find local funds to purchase the station but couldn't come up with enough money...and then this all happened....

OH WELL

“Ron Paul 2008 President”

Since: Nov 07

Guntersville, AL

#12 Jan 3, 2008
Amazed

Edison, NJ

#13 Jan 3, 2008
Randy Klemme wrote:
Both sides have a valid point. For MANY years....over 50 to be exact, WCNB-FM and most recently WIFE was a viable LOCAL FM station in Connersville--SERVING Fayette County as well as Union, Northern Franlin County, Eastern Rush County and Southern Wayne County...
On the other side, Rushville, had THEIR OWN radio station on 94.3--WRCR and most recently WKWH.
BOTH did a great job in providing local news, weather and sports.
It took one man and a greed for 17 plus million dollars to implode both stations and start from scratch.
DAVID RODGERS sold the 100.3 FM frequency to a radio company in Cincinnati...tried to modify the AM 1580 station enough to suffice the local public but that didn't work because of the very low power output. Then he decided to rob the Rush County people of their station. They have tried to cover up the switch and camouflage it as much as possible by covering some news out of Rush County---and I will give them credit--THEY HAVE TRIED.
Bottom line is, the Connersviklle people were robbed--their station is literally GONE....you don't get a clear signal many times in town on the FM PLUS the local news weather and sports coverage just isn't there anymore...
If you were a Rush County resident, I sure you would look at it from the same fashion.
It's sad.....there was a group of us that tried to find local funds to purchase the station but couldn't come up with enough money...and then this all happened....
OH WELL
Only a moron would have turned down 17 million!! It is easy for someone to say they would have turned it down, but they would be a liar because they would take it in a minute. Myself I would have said up it a couple more and you can have the AM as well, thank goodness he didn't. Mr Klemme weren't you once a part of the "Big Show" that wasn't so BIG? I think I smell a bit of sour grapes. Like I said before, I like the oldies on the AM. Yes it is a pain when I loose the signal driving out of town, but it is better than nothing, and when I'm home I just tune it in on comcast. As for 94.3, if you like country music it's a pretty good station. Those of you who don't like either station please listen to something else. Don't complain so much that you run another business out of town, some of us like having a local station.

Since: Feb 07

Connersville, Indiana

#14 Jan 4, 2008
No one is complaining...I am just stating facts....How can a station be local when you can't pick up the ballgames north of 30th Street? I rest my case. Rodgers screwed Connersville and he screwed Rushville as well...I just wonder who is next since he sends all of his money back to Connecticut where he is from. He has no loyalties to anyone, any community--NOTHING.

Like I said OH WELL....
Postman

Connersville, IN

#15 Jan 4, 2008
Randy Klemme wrote:
Both sides have a valid point. For MANY years....over 50 to be exact, WCNB-FM and most recently WIFE was a viable LOCAL FM station in Connersville--SERVING Fayette County as well as Union, Northern Franlin County, Eastern Rush County and Southern Wayne County...
On the other side, Rushville, had THEIR OWN radio station on 94.3--WRCR and most recently WKWH.
BOTH did a great job in providing local news, weather and sports.
It took one man and a greed for 17 plus million dollars to implode both stations and start from scratch.
DAVID RODGERS sold the 100.3 FM frequency to a radio company in Cincinnati...tried to modify the AM 1580 station enough to suffice the local public but that didn't work because of the very low power output. Then he decided to rob the Rush County people of their station. They have tried to cover up the switch and camouflage it as much as possible by covering some news out of Rush County---and I will give them credit--THEY HAVE TRIED.
Bottom line is, the Connersviklle people were robbed--their station is literally GONE....you don't get a clear signal many times in town on the FM PLUS the local news weather and sports coverage just isn't there anymore...
If you were a Rush County resident, I sure you would look at it from the same fashion.
It's sad.....there was a group of us that tried to find local funds to purchase the station but couldn't come up with enough money...and then this all happened....
OH WELL
SAD but true. Well put Randy. Seems like greed is the root of all evil these days. Visteon is proof of that
Ex-Visteon Worker

Thermal, CA

#16 Jan 4, 2008
AMEN TO THAT!!!
Postman wrote:
<quoted text>SAD but true. Well put Randy. Seems like greed is the root of all evil these days. Visteon is proof of that
Mayor of Eastside

Catonsville, MD

#17 Jan 5, 2008
It's leonards fault we lost our radio station

Since: Feb 07

Connersville, Indiana

#18 Jan 5, 2008
No it's not.........that is stupid to say

It was DAVID RODGERS with help from Jeri Pruet
Take Action

Edison, NJ

#19 Jan 6, 2008
Randy Klemme wrote:
No it's not.........that is stupid to say
It was DAVID RODGERS with help from Jeri Pruet
Hey Randy why do you no longer work in radio??? Sounds like you have an axe to grind. What happened to you at K96? Why won't they hire you back?? Inquiring minds would like to know if you did such a wonderful job in the radio business, why aren't you still in it somewhere? WIFE and Kicks aren't the only stations in Indiana!!! Maybe someone will let us know why you don't...
oaktree

AOL

#20 Jan 6, 2008
I too miss the fm station..I looked to it for weather and news and general imformation about Connersvillle and areas around. I wonder if we had a really serious problem in town and needed to know more about what to do?..Ive also tried to get the am station but to no prevail...Just wondering.

Since: Feb 07

Connersville, Indiana

#21 Jan 6, 2008
I don't work in radio any longer because I got tired of the long hours and little pay. You get a lot of perks (tickets etc) but that doesn't put food on the table. Can't make a living making 7-9 dollars and an hour

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Matt Hines wacked off and did a blowey to Brand... 11 min justin 1
Rax 20 min her brother rusty 5
Alexis wylie now pregnant by David Ash 23 min jasmine 3
So who is this crazy chick that posts about Alexis 48 min John 1
Stantman strikes again 57 min StantMan 6
Is constance elder lesbian 58 min if looks could kill 1
How many more fatherless kids will Alexis Wiley... 1 hr Becky 212

Connersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Connersville Mortgages