First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Need to know

Connersville, IN

#1 Feb 27, 2013
This is not a joke. It is a clear capsule with white powder and no writing on it. If anyone can help me that would be great. I have a sixteen year old that is why I am so worried other wise I would just throw it away.

“Live, Love, Laugh”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2 Feb 27, 2013
You could take it to a pharmacy and ask the pharmacist. Thats what I would do if I was that concerned. Or if it has any markings such as numbers on it, try and Google it. Best of luck.
Cengra

Rushville, IN

#3 Feb 27, 2013
Milee is right, there is a web sight where you can describe a pill or capsule and it will be identified.
Wow

Rushville, IN

#4 Feb 27, 2013
Heroin
haha

Connersville, IN

#5 Feb 27, 2013
who cares what it is just flush it.
Need to know

Connersville, IN

#6 Feb 27, 2013
Really wow I don't want to sound stupid but how could a sixteen year old get heroin. And I did look on the net without marks on it I got nowhere. That's why I got on here to see if there is a new drug on the streets that teens are using but heroin that is a bit much don't you think.
Jimi

Lafayette, IN

#8 Feb 27, 2013
Need to know wrote:
Really wow I don't want to sound stupid but how could a sixteen year old get heroin. And I did look on the net without marks on it I got nowhere. That's why I got on here to see if there is a new drug on the streets that teens are using but heroin that is a bit much don't you think.
Are you crazy " need to know " ? No not crazy I'm sorry just out of touch. Herion has made quite a comeback since the late 60s and early 70s when it was once so popular. From what I understand it comes primarily out of Dayton, maybe through Richmond maybe direct. I dont do anything chemical but I have heard. It is in the high school along with all the pills that float around. the capsule part may be a container for a certain measurement of the drug, sort of like a balloon from days of old I'm not quite certain but it is accessible to any 16 year old
Info

Connersville, IN

#9 Feb 27, 2013
I just googled clear capsule with white powder insideand and it has different drugs it could be. None of which are any good. You probably need to find out which drug it is and confront your teen. Hope this information helps you

“Live, Love, Laugh”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#10 Feb 27, 2013
Need to know wrote:
I think talking with a pharmacist could ease your mind. They are trained to know medicine by colors, numbers and shapes. I could be wrong but I think all prescription medicines have a number on it. It could be that you just need to have a heart to heart talk with your teen. I know thats no easy task as I raised two teens myself. Good luck.
drugs

Loogootee, IN

#11 Feb 27, 2013
Heroin is the drug of choice, now days. It is readily accessible. Teens (and others) know many places to get it. Looking on line would be my first choice. Pharmacist would be my second choice. Police are an option also. You do not have to disclose more information, than you want them to know. Talking is good, but I don't believe most teens are going to honest, with their parent, if they have something to hide. One option, that should not be an option, is to throw it away and act like it never happened.
Need to know

Connersville, IN

#12 Feb 27, 2013
I thank all of you for your help. I keep my kids on a short leash that's why I don't know a lot about drugs on the street. I guess I need to stop thinking I can keep my kids safe just by trust that they will make the right decisions based on what I teach them in life. This is a really sad world we live in.
Concerned

Carthage, IN

#13 Feb 27, 2013
There was a picture floating around on Facebook not long ago just as you described. Can't remember what name of it was but it was very addictive and deadly! Confront your teen immediately before its too late.
Be alert

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Feb 27, 2013
Need to know,
I have found clear capsules at home and later found out it was heroin. Just be alert. Nobody wants to think their kids would do something like that, but it does happen. I hope for your family's sake it was not heroin that you found.
parent

Brownsville, IN

#15 Feb 27, 2013
i had found same in my teen daughters room. went to my older daughters room and found bottle of herbal supp that helps hair and nails grow. then took it to cvs to be sure and thats what it was. still threw them out and had another discussion with them about dangers of herbal stuff.
Concerned

Carthage, IN

#16 Feb 27, 2013
parent wrote:
i had found same in my teen daughters room. went to my older daughters room and found bottle of herbal supp that helps hair and nails grow. then took it to cvs to be sure and thats what it was. still threw them out and had another discussion with them about dangers of herbal stuff.
Would be a blessing if that's all it is. Here's hoping for you!
Mr_Info

Connersville, IN

#17 Feb 27, 2013
Has anyone noticed how civil this was kept? Still some good people out there.
Need to know

Connersville, IN

#18 Feb 27, 2013
OK now I'm back to square one I took the pill to cvs they could not tell me what it was and told me to take it to the police. Just got back from there and they don't know all they said is that they would have to send it off to know for sure. But then he said I will get rid of it for you. Never got my name or number so I guess I will never know what it is unless my son comes out and tells me. Or take him to the doc and have him tested.
good idea

Hammond, IN

#19 Feb 27, 2013
Need to know wrote:
OK now I'm back to square one I took the pill to cvs they could not tell me what it was and told me to take it to the police. Just got back from there and they don't know all they said is that they would have to send it off to know for sure. But then he said I will get rid of it for you. Never got my name or number so I guess I will never know what it is unless my son comes out and tells me. Or take him to the doc and have him tested.
have him tested for sure could save his life. Always good to stay in the scoop.
yep

Chicago, IL

#20 Feb 27, 2013
Most def Harry Juan
hmmmm

Cincinnati, OH

#21 Feb 27, 2013
You can buy an over the counter drug screening kit at CVS I believe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
six letter word game 18 min SLY WEST 358
Four Vowel Word Game (Jul '13) 22 min SLY WEST 2,055
Where is everybody? 2 hr jus wondering 1
5 Possessions 3 hr TwoCents 5
What is with Wenta? 3 hr TwoCents 15
End of the Word Game (Nov '10) 3 hr Honest Babe 8,034
Brian Doub for Mayor 3 hr TwoCents 26
Big Bust on Reid Street! 3 hr SUE 6
Denise Pflum gone for 25 years (Mar '11) 6 hr memphremagog 30
Whats with the camera crews in town Sun Class of 1985 8