Come and Join Us

Erwin, NC

#1 Mar 31, 2009
Celebrate Recovery!

A Recovery Program based on

the 12 steps of AA and 8 principles

from the Beatitudes in the Bible

Celebrate Recovery has helped thousands find healing from a wide variety of hurts, habits and hang-ups in their lives. Celebrate Recovery is not limited to drug and alcohol abuse; it also covers many other issues like anger, codependency, depression, abuse, divorce issues and sexual addictions that affect our lives.

Here at Christian Fellowship we recognize the need for this program in our community. This ministry will be facilitated by people who have struggled with and overcome hurts, habits, or hang-ups. Celebrate Recovery is a safe place for you to begin healing, where confidentiality and privacy are protected.

Join us Thursday April 23 at 6:00pm

for our Celebrate Recovery kick-off

Food, Fellowship, and Healing!

Christian Fellowship Chapel

99 N Main St in Granite Falls

Refreshments and Fellowship 6:00pm

Worship Service 6:30-7:15pm

Open Share Groups 7:15-8:00pm

April 23 and the first Thursday of each month

we will be serving a meal.
Dennis

Lenoir, NC

#2 Mar 31, 2009
I think CR is a great resource for people to recieve real healing from the things in life that keep us from being what God has designed us to be!
Kenny

Salisbury, NC

#3 Apr 8, 2009
This is going to be an awesome Ministry for the church and the community!!!
Come and Join Us

La Grange, NC

#4 Apr 17, 2009
Celebrate Recovery Rally
Saturday, April 18 10AM - 2PM
Christian Fellowship
Granite Falls(across from Granite Middle School)

Please come and check out this program!

It is going to be a great ministry for this community!

Hope to see you there!
Come and Join Us

La Grange, NC

#5 Apr 20, 2009
God Blessed us with a great rally on Saturday and want to thank the Caldwell county community.

The Celebrate Recovery Kick-Off is this Thursday, April 23rd at Christian Fellowship.

Please note that this is for anyone that suffers from Hurts, Hang-Ups or Habits.

We hope to see you there!
Come and Join Us

La Grange, NC

#6 May 7, 2009
Please join us tonight at 6PM for Celebrate Recovery at Christian Fellowship Church (Across from the Granite Falls Middle School)
6PM - Dinner
6:30PM - Worship
7:30 - Open Share Groups

If you have hurts, habits or hang-up's, please come and join us. God Bless.
Come and Join Us

La Grange, NC

#7 May 20, 2009
Please join us every Thursday at 6PM for Celebrate Recovery at Christian Fellowship Church (Across from the Granite Falls Middle School)

If you have hurts, habits or hang-up's, please come and join us. God Bless.
Brian Kercheval

Seattle, WA

#8 Mar 4, 2012
“Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar."
Proverbs 30

To do something because someone says ‘it works’ or ‘feels right’ can often be the worst possible reason for doing it; especially if the act flies so clearly in the face of scripture. There is an obvious problem with celebrate recovery’s new latter day healing approach; it is not Biblical doctrine. If it was necessary, the historic Christian church was flawed. If CR is correct, then Rick Warren is a prophet and according to his own words you and “everyone needs recovery” another words everyone needs this man made program. CR distorts the use of scriptures and also incorporates the 12 steps of alcoholics anonymous; both of these heresies are exactly what we are warned about in God’s word. Just because the name Jesus is stamped all over this new syncretism, that wrongful branding will never make it of The Lord. Doctrine cannot be 95% good and 5% arsenic, or it would be the theological equivalent of rat poison! This means that the use the 12 steps alone pollutes everything, making it un-holy and not-fit for any Godly purpose. The Bible in its entirety is completely true and pure, celebrate recovery is spiritual poison. All the nice, warm experiences of all involved and the best intentions cannot change that truth. Those taking part in this new breed of Christianity must be warned of these misguiding teachings and lies.

"Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation."
1 Peter 2

"Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh? Have you experienced so much in vain—if it really was in vain? So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?"
Galatians 3

This celebrate recovery, a man-made burden of works/steps is not of The Lord, nowhere in The Bible does Jesus teach such a thing. Their foundation supersedes Gods anointing Holy Spirit power and the teaching of the Bible with psychology and works. The CR faction, via their works, will always fail to accomplish what The Holy Spirit alone achieves. Everything that CR tries to accomplish is found wanting compared to the natural byproduct of The Holy Spirit alone.“The fruit of the Spirit” is caused exclusively from His anointing, a gift from God and seen only in true believers in Jesus. This true anointing cannot be worked for nor achieved by any form of works, steps, principals or anything else. Therefore, true spiritual growth happens because of Gods will and power, according to His grace and purpose, not the CR works/steps, lest any man should boast. This is the difference between those pretending to be a Christian and trying to act spiritual via “works and steps”or actually being a Christian and having His anointing displaying Gods “grace and power”.

"Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you."
Deuteronomy 4:2

“So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.”
John 8:36

In His Grip!
Brian D. Kercheval

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#9 Mar 4, 2012
I wish everyone strength in the act of recovery. The end result is worth the pain and perserverance.
Brian Kercheval

Seattle, WA

#10 Mar 8, 2012
For information on this topic of recovery, syncretism and Biblical distortions visit:

http://megas-houtos-agape.blogspot.com/
Brian Kercheval

Seattle, WA

#11 Mar 30, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
I wish everyone strength in the act of recovery. The end result is worth the pain and perserverance.
“Recovery” presumes by its own title that there is something to recovery to..i.e. a previous state. But Christians don’t want to return to anything in the old man there is nothing there to recover. The old man is dead. All you do with AA and Celebrate Recovery is prune a dead tree…all you have left is a stump…but it is still dead. But if you repent, you become a New Creation all things become new (not recovered)…plus is recovering a constant endless process in CR as it is in AA where you never escape being an alcoholic even if you never drink a drop the rest of your life, you remain in a perpetual state of bondage. But this is not what the Bible teaches when a person is born again and passes from death unto life and darkness into light. I repented (ONE STEP) from alcohol and was set free!

"set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." Colossians 3

In His Grip!
Brian D. Kercheval
Brian Kercheval

Seattle, WA

#14 Jun 19, 2012
Whose steps are you following? Pick one!

a) Wilson and Smith
b) Baker and Warren
c) Jesus: To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in HIS STEPS. 1Pe 2:21

Everyone has a choice. Now is a good time to make the right one.

----------

Below is an excerpt from "Recovery Awareness"
http://megas-houtos-agape.blogspot.com/

Because of first hand witness regarding the influence and relevance of recovery syncretism, my intention is to convey accurate Biblical truth and perspective through an economy of non-inclusive overviews and thoughts. My sole objective is to point to Jesus and His teachings as stated in the Bible while encouraging each reader to study God's word with the guidance from the Holy Spirit. Many of the writings posted are from well-studied authors that sustain my highest recommendation.
twistedtwister

Lenoir, NC

#15 Jun 19, 2012
and thanks to modern day churches that simply teach repentence and not sanctification, people find themselves in a quandry. When you repent of a sin and get forgiveness, you don't have to go back to the altar every Sunday just because all the preacher does is give an altar call.

Where is your teaching others how to become vessels of His honor? Where are your deliverance ministries? Who is teaching the Christian population that we have power over the devil in the name of Jesus Christ? What church is even willing to admit that there is a devil or a literal hell anymore?

Until people acknowledge
Eph 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Eph 6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
Eph 6:20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

the old man is dead and put off, but that doesn't mean that the minions of the enemy don't try to oppress and get back in.

Why else would the verses above be put in the Bible?
Brian Kercheval

Seattle, WA

#16 Jun 20, 2012
To twistedtwister,

I have to say, what a pleasure to hear from you, one who relies on the scriptures and brings a much more in-depth view on this topic. You understand that these posts are simply too short, not even the best place to attempt to go deep but, I sure like the way you have point clearly to some important scriptures and I hope any reader goes forward with study!
I am guessing that you may enjoy what Paul Stark also has to say regarding these topics. Paul has been involved with a ministry that teaches very much like what you have conveyed:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/43382685/Adoption-a...

May God bless you in all you do,

Brian D. Kercheval
Brian Kercheval

Seattle, WA

#17 Jun 21, 2012
2Cr 12:19 Have you been thinking all along that we have been defending ourselves to you? It is in the sight of God that we have been speaking in Christ, and all for your upbuilding, beloved.

Twisted apparently insists that we all give every bit of information regarding doctrine and theology every single time we speak or write. You will see how this is very consuming. This extremely shortened example will show why this format may be helpful for some but pointless to most, even quite ridiculous but for the sake of any reader below is a highly simplified study on a single relative word. Don't be concerned, I will not do this type of post again in this format, and frankly this is cut way down by well over 90% of only my own writing on this word.
So, with only a desire for accuracy regarding the translated word "Repent/Return" as implemented in context also with regard to the original text (Greek) in the Bible:[Mat13:15][Isa19:22][Jer 33:6][Jhn12:40][Act28:27]

An example:
Mat 13:15 NASB
For the heart of this people has become dull, with their ears they scarcely hear, and they have closed their eyes, otherwise they would see with their eyes, hear with their ears, and understand with their heart and (1)return, and I would heal them.'

[(1) Also translated repent]

----------

Return = epistrephō = e-pē-stre'-f&#333 ; = Verb

Transitively
1) to turn to
a) to the worship of the true God

2) to cause to return, to bring back
a) to the love and obedience of God
b) to the love for the children
c) to love wisdom and righteousness

Intransitively
1) to turn to one's self
2) to turn one's self about, turn back
3) to return, turn back, come back

(Etymology)
Built from two root words
strephō / epi

strephō = stre'-fō
1) to turn, turn around
2) to turn one's self (i.e. to turn the back to one
a) of one who no longer cares for another)
b) metaph. to turn one's self from one's course of conduct, i.e. to change one's mind

epi = e-pē'
1) upon, on, at, by, before
2) of position, on, at, by, over, against
3) to, over, on, at, across, against

----------

It is important for understanding of context with interpretation of the scriptures, sorry but there is no room for this.
Simply, returning/repenting is not only stopping one's sinful/wrong actions but also simultaneously having a full change of mind and a commitment of turning one's whole being to The Lord and choosing to follow Him =(sanctification/set apart).
Sanctification is true repentance but only for a believer in Jesus. Repentance for a non-believer is no more than stopping one's wrong behavior because they do not know where to turn.

Only in Jesus can one find true repentance that leads to sanctification. Trying to be sanctified via any work/steps or principles are mere works of men.

----------

Closing:
Therefore, study and knowledge of the scripture is wonderful, even critical. Only by going to Jesus directly will one be given the Holy Spirit, then a complete understanding with the wisdom to follow Him. Jesus says:

Jhn 5:39-40 " You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

Brian says:
Go to Jesus directly, now is a great time…

With the love of The Lord,
Brian D. Kercheval
twistedtwister

Lenoir, NC

#18 Jun 21, 2012
If one asks me what I believe, I will be more than happy to share. There is no need to draw conclusions without asking-that can lead to bearing false witness against someone.

I believe that every answer to every problem this world faces is found within the Bible. I believe that a person must be called by Father God by the Holy Ghost to repentence through Jesus Christ. I don't believe in salvation by works, but I do believe the Bible when It says that we will know a tree by the fruit it bears. When a person has salvation through Jesus Christ, their actions will bear witness to the truth of His presence and the presence of the Holy Ghost.

I don't have a whole lot to say about various doctrines and teachings of men. I don't have the desire to follow any teachings of any man.

1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

It is imperitive to call into question EVERYTHING that is of this world and man. If it doesn't line up with the Bible, I don't want any part of it.

I have a choice-I can either make the time I need to examine everything that I brought my way now, or I can stand before God and answer as to why I couldn't take the time to read His word.
twistedtwister

Lenoir, NC

#19 Jun 21, 2012
twistedtwister wrote:
If one asks me what I believe, I will be more than happy to share. There is no need to draw conclusions without asking-that can lead to bearing false witness against someone.
I believe that every answer to every problem this world faces is found within the Bible. I believe that a person must be called by Father God by the Holy Ghost to repentence through Jesus Christ. I don't believe in salvation by works, but I do believe the Bible when It says that we will know a tree by the fruit it bears. When a person has salvation through Jesus Christ, their actions will bear witness to the truth of His presence and the presence of the Holy Ghost.
I don't have a whole lot to say about various doctrines and teachings of men. I don't have the desire to follow any teachings of any man.
1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
It is imperitive to call into question EVERYTHING that is of this world and man. If it doesn't line up with the Bible, I don't want any part of it.
I have a choice-I can either make the time I need to examine everything that I brought my way now, or I can stand before God and answer as to why I couldn't take the time to read His word.
I apologize. That last sentence should have read " I have a choice-I can either make the time I need to examine everything that *is* brought my way now, or I can stand before God and answer as to why I couldn't take the time to read His word."
twistedtwister

Lenoir, NC

#20 Jun 21, 2012
To address the celebrate recovery topic:

I comprehend what you are saying Mr.Kercheval.
A little leaven spoileth the whole lump, I believe Jesus said. I also comprehend the aspect of having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof as well. Everything we do, everything we believe, everything we live will be brought before us to answer for. It is up to us to seek God's absolute truth and not lean on our own understanding. God's ways are not our ways, and at this moment we cannot fully see Him as He sees us.

At the same time, heresy is heresy. We must be sure that what we say and proclaim to others is always actual Biblical truth.
Brian Kercheval

Seattle, WA

#21 Jun 21, 2012
twistedtwister wrote:
To address the celebrate recovery topic:
I comprehend what you are saying Mr.Kercheval.
A little leaven spoileth the whole lump, I believe Jesus said. I also comprehend the aspect of having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof as well. Everything we do, everything we believe, everything we live will be brought before us to answer for. It is up to us to seek God's absolute truth and not lean on our own understanding. God's ways are not our ways, and at this moment we cannot fully see Him as He sees us.
At the same time, heresy is heresy. We must be sure that what we say and proclaim to others is always actual Biblical truth.
Bravo/I am so with you regarding exclusively trusting The Lord and relying on the Bible as being the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God, inerrant in the original writings.
By the way, regarding a Biblical perspective on this recovery topic, did you have a chance to read any of Paul Starks teaching? Also on my website, most of the topics purposefully do not go very deep although many of the links do:
http://megas-houtos-agape.blogspot.com
The main goal for this site is to encourage readers to actually read God’s word and be lead by Biblical Truth. There are many Bible helps along with numerous Biblical scholars’ teachings.

Let us all grow in the grace and knowledge of The Lord Jesus!
Brian D. Kercheval
Brian Kercheval

Seattle, WA

#22 Jan 29, 2013
Remember,
The CR teaching above all boasts about how it is “Bible based” and “Christ centered”.
When one studies what is actually taught direct from the CR text,(and I did because after a couple of years being directly involved, I almost started my own meeting) the truth of these comments proves something quite different from their boasts.

How is this Christ centered or Biblically based?:
CR 342 “The solution is to become your own loving parent….You will recover the child within you, learning to accept and love yourself.”

And this is a humanistic and biblically FALSE statement:
CR 350 “Jesus taught….A love of self forms the basis for loving others…

Look closely (study), honestly (void of prejudice) and truthfully (Scripture as final authority) at what is taught. The actual teaching is heavily marbled with psychobabble non-sense and scripture distortions (including forcing non-Biblical concepts onto a handful of scriptures taken out of context) how then anyone could possibly call this Bible based or Christ centered?
Jesus did not teach any of this, not anything even close!
Nor His disciples!
We are warned, so clearly, never to run ahead of The Lords teachings [2 John 1:9-11], nor add to [Deuteronomy 4:2], subtract from [Jeremiah 8:8-9] nor leave out Gods Words at all [Mat 28:20] When any one of these tests is discarded, the truth is not present [Mat 15:9]

A reminder of what a true believer/follower and worshiper of Jesus can rely on, The Holy Spirit:
-Galatians 5:22-24 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
-Phl 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
-2Ti 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.
-Col 2:9-10 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority

I suggest trusting Jesus with everything and go to Him directly, unencumbered by any man-made religious approaches: programs; steps; principles; guidelines; methods; techniques; factions; systems; philosophies; platforms; doctrines; psychologies; etc.
What I have witnessed, when one is truly following The Lord, there is no longer room for any consideration to follow any man-made steps. If it is the real Jesus,[He] will make you a new creation, you will be born again,[He] will fill you up to over flowing,[He] will cancel all sin debts and free you from the past,[He] will… Behold! All things are new!

2Cr 5:17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

Only a servant pointing towards Jesus only,
Brian

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connelly Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old Valdese High School (Jul '09) Nov 22 barhopper14 22
al's diner (Jun '08) Nov 22 aggravated in saw... 76
Black Ford ran me off the road pulled into Pats... Nov 13 Billy 1
Rude Blonde Cashier in Fairvalue of Granite Fal... (Mar '07) Nov 1 Tom 52
chubbys of cajahs mtn (Oct '13) Oct 29 True 3
Men who lie Oct 26 Repeatly 3
REVIEW: Desserts by Momma T of Granite Falls (Oct '08) Oct '14 BluePurpleCat 7

Connelly Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Connelly Springs News, Events & Info