Pa. Dept. Of Education Releases Asses...

Pa. Dept. Of Education Releases Assessment Results

There are 25 comments on the Kdka.com story from Sep 4, 2009, titled Pa. Dept. Of Education Releases Assessment Results. In it, Kdka.com reports that:

Share + Sep 3, 2009 3:23 pm US/Eastern LINK: Pennsylvania Department Of Education The Pennsylvania Department of Education released its school assessment test results today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kdka.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ray

Pittsburgh, PA

#21 Sep 21, 2009
cant believe what I read wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely! I agree with you. My comments were just that the results appear to be terrible, but no one takes into account the special education population who should either be taking a different test or not be taking the test at all. Some of these children simply cannot perform the way other children can.
They should not be taking the test at all. There is a reason why it is called special education..........
Propel Parent

United States

#22 Sep 23, 2009
Why is Propel able to do a better job for less money per child?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09266/999928-5...
The Rest of the Story

Mckeesport, PA

#23 Sep 23, 2009
Propel Parent wrote:
Can I speculate that the teacher's union has a hidden agenda to bring propel teachers into their union? This will stop the embarrassment.

Propel success debunks that excellent teaching does not equate to teacherís inflated salaries and generous pensions.

The solution is simple. The Achilles heel of the teachers union -- Vouchers for every student. Test grade averages will skyrocket.
apples

United States

#24 Sep 24, 2009
"One exception to the pattern appears to be the charter school Propel McKeesport, where 85 percent of the students qualify for free lunches and 73 percent are minorities and yet their scores exceeded the state's targets and rivaled those of some affluent districts.

At Propel McKeesport, 76.5 percent of students scored proficient or above in reading and 94.6 percent in math. The percentages were close to the same for white students and African-American students."
Just A thought

United States

#25 Sep 24, 2009
Propel Parent wrote:
How many students at Propel are in special education?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why was Phil Martell hired? (Mar '16) Mar 15 Charlie 7
selfies Mar 11 MR NICHOLSON 1
Study the Bible Oct '16 Hello 1
woman panhandling for diapers and baby wipes at... (Apr '16) May '16 Tin cup 3
Did Martell Submit Fake Budget Data (Mar '16) Mar '16 The truth 2
News Man accused of pharmacy robbery spree arrested ... (Feb '16) Mar '16 On the beat 2
Morons on 201 (Sep '14) Mar '16 Whack a pole 4

Connellsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Connellsville Mortgages