Conneaut council revises street light...

Conneaut council revises street lighting assessments

There are 3 comments on the Ashtabula Star-Beacon story from Dec 8, 2009, titled Conneaut council revises street lighting assessments. In it, Ashtabula Star-Beacon reports that:

After months of debate and a handful of draft rewrites, a revamped street lighting fee is set for legislative approval at next week's City Council meeting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ashtabula Star-Beacon.

the boss

Wickliffe, OH

#1 Dec 28, 2009
Are you kidding? I take it the property qwners south of 90 never come into town after sunset? They dont pay none of us pay! Who the heck do you think you are adding an electric charge onto our water bill,and only a select area pays? You goddamn communists! The last I heard this country has a democratic government-did you ever hear of issues that affect everyone are taken to a vote by the CITIZENS? It will be real interesting when this incess goes to court! If your so concerned about safety- start plowing all the streets with decent equipment and cut those horrible trees down on the right of ways (the treelawns for those who dont know what that is)and start keeping after some of these horrible looking homes-go after the property owners that only care about getting paid for their section 8 renters, a 33% per annum fee based on a fixed table should get their attention with the monies going for these necessities. The decent owners have paid long enough in more ways than one long enough!!!
the worse is yet to come

Norwalk, OH

#2 Dec 30, 2009
1. turn all street lights out

2. there are to many street lights so let people donate money if they want a certain light that will get rid of unwanted lights

3. some people outside the city use the lights more than the people living in south Conneaut

4. yes charge the property owners more but only let property owners vote and let the votes be based on value of property a 10 property get 10 votes a 3 property gets 3 votes 1-10
Just plow

Lucas, OH

#3 Jan 3, 2010
I wish they would just plow, period! The east side of Conneaut is a freaking mess when it snows! Unless you have a 4 wheel drive it is absolutely treacherous on High St, Woodland Ave, Longview Ave, Bank St, etc...! Why would anyone want to move into a town that doesn't plow?

Libery Street also needs to be salted far more often so you can actually STOP at the stop signs and the grocery store without sliding sideways!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Conneaut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
white turkey drive thru (Jun '09) Nov 13 A secret 39
clarissa a husband Nov '17 The cap 4
Tom Wortman votes for Marie Lane (Nov '15) Nov '17 Toms mother 9
Dumpster diver Tom Wortman is the harbor bank r... Nov '17 Toms mother 21
Northeast Auto Oct '17 everyone 2
I just want to eat a fat clean Pus say Oct '17 fat juicy pus say 2
Josh Million, a murderer? (Feb '14) Oct '17 justme 131

Conneaut Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance