Two bodies found aboard stolen boat o...

Two bodies found aboard stolen boat on Lake Erie | The Columbus...

There are 32 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Apr 5, 2010, titled Two bodies found aboard stolen boat on Lake Erie | The Columbus.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Authorities say a small boat reported stolen from an Ohio yacht club was found on Lake Erie with two men dead on board.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mr optimist

Columbus, OH

#1 Apr 5, 2010
How could they drown---IN THE BOAT????
DollarBill

Dublin, OH

#2 Apr 5, 2010
Darwin Award Contenders.
Randy

United States

#3 Apr 5, 2010
Are these two men somehow proving Darwin's theory yet again?
TOM

Blacklick, OH

#4 Apr 5, 2010
Lovers looking for some quiet time on the lake? Hope they died in each other's arms.
OtherKevin

Canal Winchester, OH

#5 Apr 5, 2010
TOM wrote:
Lovers looking for some quiet time on the lake? Hope they died in each other's arms.
Real classy. Unless you have some sort of inside information about these two, I'm not sure why you would attribute their actions to being gay. It's far more likely that a couple of drunk morons decided to steal a boat and take it out on the lake. I especially like that they had no sail, motor, or paddles though.
Collateral Damage

Lewis Center, OH

#6 Apr 5, 2010
The boat had no motor, sail or paddles. The Darwin Awards commemorate those who improve our gene pool...by accidentally removing themselves from it. By necessity, the award is generally bestowed posthumously.

They certainly are contenders.
money

United States

#7 Apr 5, 2010
They froze to death? I don't get it.
legendary waffle fries

Columbus, OH

#8 Apr 5, 2010
And the weird part about it is that the boat had no motor, sail, or paddles.
Shamoo

Columbus, OH

#9 Apr 5, 2010
I don't get it. If they were found dead on board, how did they drown?
YoBro

United States

#10 Apr 5, 2010
OtherKevin wrote:
<quoted text>
Real classy. Unless you have some sort of inside information about these two, I'm not sure why you would attribute their actions to being gay. It's far more likely that a couple of drunk morons decided to steal a boat and take it out on the lake. I especially like that they had no sail, motor, or paddles though.
WOW! touchy about the gay stuff. just come out of the closet and get it over with!
TOM

Blacklick, OH

#11 Apr 5, 2010
OtherKevin wrote:
<quoted text>
A pair of stupid and drunk thieves is so mundane. With so few details it's more fun to let your imagination run wild. Something to consider before you do something stupid that we will read and comment on.
Sailor

Columbus, OH

#12 Apr 5, 2010
Given the high winds and 10-foot waves on the lake, it's quite likely that a lot of nearly freezing water got into the boat. Hypothermia could possibly have been followed by collapse, unconsciousness and drowning while lying in the bottom of the craft. Small sailboats are usually open and often will have built-in flotation foam, so even if flooded by waves, they might stay upright and (barely) afloat. This is just speculation, but I sailed a 16-footer for years on a lake in upstate N.Y. and I suspect something like that might be what happened.
Do tell

Columbus, OH

#13 Apr 5, 2010
One thing I hate is a theif.....so if they stole it then god for them....glad their gone
Punday

Columbus, OH

#14 Apr 5, 2010
What an Erie way to die.
Topper

Columbus, OH

#15 Apr 5, 2010
Attention Gordon Lightfoot....we need another song!!!!
haha

Columbus, OH

#16 Apr 5, 2010
Punday wrote:
What an Erie way to die.
buuhh-zing!
Mitch

Cleveland, OH

#17 Apr 5, 2010
Best story today. I only wish this could've all been caught on tape somehow...would've loved to see their faces when they discovered they were screwed.
dave

Chillicothe, OH

#18 Apr 5, 2010
no motor or sail or paddles....how did they steal it?
David

Lucasville, OH

#19 Apr 5, 2010
That's some funny stuff
Mike

Dallas, TX

#20 Apr 5, 2010
Lmao

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Conneaut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Josh Million, a murderer? (Feb '14) Jul 18 Truth hurts 130
News Ohio State Fills Three Grape Industry Positions May '16 June 1
News Ohio couple pleads guilty to keeping adopted ki... May '16 June 1
News News Spe's TopCon draws about 155 attendees to ... May '16 June 1
News Trump's potential VP list includes a lot of foes May '16 June 1
News Officers alerted for woman who may have brought... May '16 June 1
Nicholas J vocca to run for vice president unde... May '16 CHIP and DALE 1

Conneaut Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance