Ex-lawyer seeks prison release

Ex-lawyer seeks prison release

There are 51 comments on the The Star Beacon; Ashtabula, Ohio story from May 10, 2007, titled Ex-lawyer seeks prison release. In it, The Star Beacon; Ashtabula, Ohio reports that:

“Nobody benefits from continued incarceration of Jim Lemieux. He can't live here anymore- -his reputation is besmirched”

Lemieux convicted of forgery, theft, drug-related charges a year ago DORIS COOK JEFFERSON - -Disbarred Ashtabula County attorney James M. Lemieux wants out of prison from a three-year sentence after being ... via The Star Beacon; Ashtabula, Ohio

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Star Beacon; Ashtabula, Ohio.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Victoria I Beno

Littleton, CO

#1 May 18, 2007
Lemieux is a criminal/as soon as he gets out of jail he will start to hurt people.

Lemieux a criminal deserves to be behind bars the rest of his life.

He is not incompetent he has a criminal mind and an abitual offender.

He stole more that $50,000 but it was nothing I was able to do since I had recocated to Colorado.

In 2004 Lemieux send me several death threats plus all knids of insults.

If he is released my life will be in jeopardy.

Every body will benefit if that animal stays in jail for the rest of his life.

[email protected]
Supporter of Jim Lemieux

Willoughby, OH

#2 Dec 21, 2007
I dont know who you think you are lady but Mr. Lemieux is a great man. Mr. Lemieux is in no way a harm to society, You are the one who deserves to be in jail, ever hear of slander? Yes it is a crime. You're just some bitter lady who thinks the world owes you everything because you've never done anything to contribute to society in your life. So before you go and slander an attorney, take a good look in the mirror at yourself. Yeah he screwed up but atleast he could take responsibility for his crimes and actions. Could you do the same? Oh and before you post another forum, work on your grammar skills and the truth as people will benfit from both. Best of luck in the future Jim, we all love you!
Supporters of Mr. James Lemieux
Innocent Bystander

Akron, OH

#3 Jan 3, 2008
He was an attorney. (Heavy emphasis on was)
Jack Lemieux

Mentor, OH

#4 Jan 3, 2008
Mr. Lemieux happens to be my father and if I may say, can this whole story just be dropped? What makes my dad so damn special that you people cannot let this whole thing go? This happened years ago, its time to obsess over a new victim. Its bad enough I have not had a dad around for almost two years and you people just cannot lay off. He screwed up so drop it already okay he and his family have gone through enough and quite frankly I'm starting to get angered over this whole thing. He lost everything he ever had including his profession, dont you think thats punishment enough? No its not to these people because they will be on this subject for years like the crazy lady who first commented on this. Let the damn man out of prison so he can start a new life again and enjoy the rest of his life. I support my dad 100% regardless of what he has done since day one. I know my dad and had it not be for his severe drug addiction he would never have commited the crimes he did and for anybody reading this FREE JIM LEMIEUX!
one who knows

Canton, OH

#5 May 20, 2008
Mr. Lemieux is not a good man. I also was his victim and have absolutly no sympathy for the situation he is in. I lost thousands of dollars because I believed in him and have not been able to turn my situation around because of what he did to me and by reputation of what he has done in general. He is very dishonest and will only help somebody out if the prize for him is bigger. He has hurt so many people and I can't think of anything good he has done of his own accord. He has borrowed thousands and thousands of dollars from people who thought that they were friends and he completely ripped them off. HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING AND STILL DID NOT CARE! He doesn't deserve sympathy, he deserves reminders daily of his wrongs and even then I seriously doubt that that will affect him as he is completely incapable of thinking about others. His best bet is to leave Ohio or atleast Ashtabula County because when he gets out there are going to be alot of angry people who want retribution and I can say that I will be at the front of the line! He is worthless and has nothing to offer anybody other then a big long line of BS.
James Lemieux Jr

North Ridgeville, OH

#6 May 23, 2008
"One Who Knows" you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You are a classic example of what is wrong with people in society today, you are a joke! How dare you sit there and say my father is worthless, what have you possibly done with your life other than judge people's wrongdoings? You probably have the slightest clue about who Mr. Lemieux is, just from what you read in the newspapers and claim to be a "victim" when I am sure you were fully compensated by the Ohio Clients Security Fund for my father's supposedly "wrongdoings" so don't sit there and talk like you got the short end of the stick. Why don't you people ever think about the families? Do you have any idea what it is possibly like for his kids to grow up without a father? Or his mother who is sick not to have him around? You don't think his family read's this slander you say about him? You people got your money back and I am still going to see my dad twice a month in prison, where is the equality in that? My father is a terrific man who made some bad choices but you know what? Atleast he could admit his problems and face the consequences. How many times in your life have you done that you coward? I wish nothing good for people like you as you absolutely turn my stomach. Oh and by the way, I welcome you and anybody else to "take on" my father when he is released because his family will be right there with him and just like before, you will all coward down until he leaves and then come back out of the woodwork and badmouth him. I know all about people like you, you were too scared to say a word to him when he was on top but soon as he fell, you and the rest were there to kick him and his family when we were down. You should be absolutely ashamed of yourself and I am a firm believer in forgiving people for their actions but I will NEVER forgive people like you. I will despise your kind until they put me in the ground. I support my dad and I have since day one and I will say it again FREE JIM LEMIEUX!
laura

Saint Charles, MO

#7 Jul 3, 2008
Is this the same Jim Lemieux that worked for Park Ohio Energy in the 1980's?
James Lemieux Jr

North Ridgeville, OH

#8 Jul 5, 2008
Yes it is the same Mr. Lemieux who worked for Park Ohio, hes my father.
James Lemieux Jr

North Ridgeville, OH

#9 Jul 5, 2008
did you know him?
Michael Darrow Md

Columbia, MD

#10 Sep 24, 2008
Hopefully, Jack or someone in his family will contact [email protected] I am a friend of Jims and would like to contact him to help. My daughter Samantha LOVES the man! Wants me to take her to where ever he is to see him. Get this to Jim please so we can hook up. One of the best men I ever knew
laura

United States

#11 Oct 1, 2008
yes, I knew him a little. He was a funny and kind guy. I would like to ask you a question about something unrelated to his unfortunate situation. I'm sure whatever happened to him was very sad, he seemed like a good guy. Is there a way to contact you?
benoviahoocom

Littleton, CO

#12 Oct 23, 2008
Supporter of Jim Lemieux wrote:
I dont know who you think you are lady but Mr. Lemieux is a great man. Mr. Lemieux is in no way a harm to society, You are the one who deserves to be in jail, ever hear of slander? Yes it is a crime. You're just some bitter lady who thinks the world owes you everything because you've never done anything to contribute to society in your life. So before you go and slander an attorney, take a good look in the mirror at yourself. Yeah he screwed up but atleast he could take responsibility for his crimes and actions. Could you do the same? Oh and before you post another forum, work on your grammar skills and the truth as people will benfit from both. Best of luck in the future Jim, we all love you!
Supporters of Mr. James Lemieux
Well your grammar is not that great/ Who are you a drug budy? Lemieux got away with murder/he is a very sick person and for your information I had helped many people and never hurt anybody.
benoviahoocom

Littleton, CO

#13 Oct 23, 2008
I can prove to you I have the originals of how he commited forgery entered in a Federal computer the SSA to be exact did the same thing with my pensions etc and stole my money.

If you consider a good man some one that lied to his clients a drug addict a thief maybe you have the same principals.

And for your information I am a nurse and I work for Hospice and I am proud of myself/ I have been a great asset to society
benoviahoocom

Littleton, CO

#14 Oct 23, 2008
James Lemieux Jr wrote:
"One Who Knows" you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You are a classic example of what is wrong with people in society today, you are a joke! How dare you sit there and say my father is worthless, what have you possibly done with your life other than judge people's wrongdoings? You probably have the slightest clue about who Mr. Lemieux is, just from what you read in the newspapers and claim to be a "victim" when I am sure you were fully compensated by the Ohio Clients Security Fund for my father's supposedly "wrongdoings" so don't sit there and talk like you got the short end of the stick. Why don't you people ever think about the families? Do you have any idea what it is possibly like for his kids to grow up without a father? Or his mother who is sick not to have him around? You don't think his family read's this slander you say about him? You people got your money back and I am still going to see my dad twice a month in prison, where is the equality in that? My father is a terrific man who made some bad choices but you know what? Atleast he could admit his problems and face the consequences. How many times in your life have you done that you coward? I wish nothing good for people like you as you absolutely turn my stomach. Oh and by the way, I welcome you and anybody else to "take on" my father when he is released because his family will be right there with him and just like before, you will all coward down until he leaves and then come back out of the woodwork and badmouth him. I know all about people like you, you were too scared to say a word to him when he was on top but soon as he fell, you and the rest were there to kick him and his family when we were down. You should be absolutely ashamed of yourself and I am a firm believer in forgiving people for their actions but I will NEVER forgive people like you. I will despise your kind until they put me in the ground. I support my dad and I have since day one and I will say it again FREE JIM LEMIEUX!
Well you are his son and admire your love for your dad/ I remember you when you were a cute little kid taking Karate. But the reallity is that drugs ruined his life/ your father stole $240.000 from an old couple that truted him and the only money they got back was $24.000
benoviahoocom

Littleton, CO

#15 Oct 23, 2008
I trusted your dad, he was my divorce lawyer.

When I relocated to Colorado I begged him not to take to long with my dicorce because I wanted to return to Spain and see my mom my father had died recently.

A totally uncontested divorce took over 2 years and my mom died before I had a chance to return to Spain.

I never suspected a fould play from your dad and them by accident I realized how your father had hurt me I got 7 letters telling me your divorce is going to be final such a day ( and of course he asked for money and always paid him right away)I had to take time off make reservations etc/ put yourself in my shoes when I requested the court docket all that was a lie.

Of course I told him I will put you in jail/ if you want to I can send you some of his letters threatening me with murder full of insults/ why I didn't report this out respect for his familly.

Your father is brillant has a terrific sense of humor and had to be very brave to be a Navy Seal. Keep on loving your dad I admire your dedication.

Your father didn't admit his problems back in 1999 he check himself out of rehab.

I hope that I didn't hurt you or insult you with my mail. Hugs Vickie
benoviahoocom

Littleton, CO

#16 Oct 23, 2008
Don't mention this e-mail to your dad he hates my guts.

I had to admit that some of my mail was very rude but what hurt me the most is that he also hurt my mom she died waiting for me. Vickie
Desperate

Huntington Station, NY

#17 Jul 7, 2009
James Lemieux Jr wrote:
did you know him?
Mr. Lemieux, Jr./(or) Jack Lemieux:
If possible I really need to speak with you regarding a matter your father handled for my parents. I would be really grateful.
A concerned daughter.
marriedalocal

Richmond, VA

#18 Jul 8, 2009
Jr? I have no doubt the love you have for your father, however....he made his own choices period, without regard to anyone, including you. He must do the time and suffer the consequences of his own actions regardless if he is jail or not. Some people forgive, but they don't forget, especially his victims.

~PEACE~
Conneaut Revolutionary

Conneaut, OH

#19 Jul 13, 2009
James Lemieux Jr wrote:
If you really are Mr. Lemieux's son then, in my opinion, you are not helping him by posting things like this. Do you really expect others to forgive your father yet you can't forgive yourself? You need to make peace with the situation and move on too.

I can't see any purpose in keeping your father in jail any longer. He doesn't present a danger to society any longer because he will never be in a professional situation of trust again. We don't need to spend the money to keep him in prison anymore. I wish him well and hope he can use his life in a productive way.
Big P

Erie, PA

#20 Aug 3, 2009
Ya'll need to lay off the guy it seems to me like he did his time and if you look him up on the Supreme Court you see all his clients have had their monies paid back so what the big deal? James Jr., I admire your love and respect for your father. It seems like you stuck by your father through all of it which doesn't happen often and for that he should be proud of you. He did break the law but people do everyday. That doesn't mean he should be completely forgiven yet it doesn't mean he should be crucified. We all deserve second or more chances if you are truly remoseful and it sounds like he has learned his lesson. I think we all should put ourselves in his shoes before we judge him, it was not easy for him and had to be even tougher on his son and family if he has any other children. And it appears Jr. has moved on #19, he is just standing up for his father like I am sure you would do....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Conneaut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Conneaut, OH (Sep '10) Wed chemist 8
Michelle Moore (Apr '09) Aug 30 CLOTHES DUDE 16
ponchos on the border! Aug 25 arnie 2
Luigis pizza is the best! (Jan '12) Aug 25 PizzaGirl 24
Josh Million, a murderer? (Feb '14) Aug 16 uneducated countr... 119
News Police: Fake officer tried to pull over off-dut... Aug 7 Go Blue Forever 9
Amber wodja Aug '15 Ohukno 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Conneaut Mortgages