Conneaut anxious for return of truck scales

Jun 20, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Beacon

Truck weigh scales silent for nearly two years will come back to life within the next few months, an Ohio State Highway Patrol spokeswoman said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Conneaut Revolutionary

Conneaut, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2009

It is about time. The state was penny wise and dollar stupid in not getting back in operation much sooner. We the people have to pay for the bridges and roads over-loaded trucks tear up. I was starting to wonder if trucking company payoffs were not being made to keep it closed. :(
Casey

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

I only hope that when they do reopen them, that the police patrol Rt 20 on the eastside much closer!

I live near the Rt 20 bridge on the eastside of town. I leave for work at 5:10 am, using Rt 20 into PA. When the scales are open, it is not unusual to see 4 to 5 semi's between the bridge and Rt. 6N each morning. A lot of times 2 or 3 trucks are seen following one right after each other into town!
When Conneaut Grows Up

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

this is just another example of democrats doing nothing but collecting checks and insurance and blowing off work.

lets give the republicans control so we can get something done around here besides making these narsists popular.
Drifter

Conneaut, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

Casey wrote:
I only hope that when they do reopen them, that the police patrol Rt 20 on the eastside much closer!
I live near the Rt 20 bridge on the eastside of town. I leave for work at 5:10 am, using Rt 20 into PA. When the scales are open, it is not unusual to see 4 to 5 semi's between the bridge and Rt. 6N each morning. A lot of times 2 or 3 trucks are seen following one right after each other into town!
Yep, and what did the city do to help the truckers? They hired a consultant who said we should make it easier for the big rigs to speed through town by cutting the intersections back in the left hand lane.
Drifter

Conneaut, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

When Conneaut Grows Up wrote:
this is just another example of democrats doing nothing but collecting checks and insurance and blowing off work.
lets give the republicans control so we can get something done around here besides making these narsists popular.
Democrats Republicans. What difference does it make when the people who run for office either have a personal agenda or the IQ of a house fly?

Since: Feb 08

NW Pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

Conneaut anxious for return of truck scales
http://www.starbeacon.com/local/local_story_1 ...

I believe Conneaut should get nothing from weight violations from the scales on I-90. Ohio law should be changed to make all fines for traffic violations go directly to the state general fund and not to local municipalities. This would end almost all speed traps and other unnecessary harassment of motorists by local police for the sole purpose of revenue generation.
Casey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

Speed traps and unnecessary harassment of motorists in Conneaut? Thats funny! If you live in Conneaut you would see that is NOT the case! I've lived here for almost 20 years and have been pulled over twice...each time was because I screwed up, not because of harassment!

If these overweight trucks are sneaking around the scales and tearing up the city streets, that I pay taxes on, I WANT the city to make money on those fines if they get caught! The road taxes here are too high as it is!

If these truck drivers weren't breaking the rules and being sneaky they wouldn't have any fines to pay at all!
a trucker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

it is very funny that you guys whiners are not happy do you forget that if it was not for trucks you will not have food gas trucks bring it all your mail.just remember that > so next time you see a truck think about what is in it.so what they are bringing them on line whippee so whatthere are not open late at night when i run .there is always a way around them haha
Casey

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

Trucker...good, glad to hear you drive late at night to get past the scales, that way you won't be tearing up our streets with your overloaded truck!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Conneaut Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Conneaut People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance