Swimmer Rescued After Jumping Off Lighthouse

There are 48 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Jul 27, 2010, titled Swimmer Rescued After Jumping Off Lighthouse. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

CONNEAUT, Ohio- The U.S. Coast Guard has rescued a swimmer who reportedly jumped off the Conneaut LIghthouse in Conneaut Harbor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Perfect? NO. Forgiven? YES!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#41 Jul 29, 2010
tap wrote:
<quoted text>
That is really stupid thing to say the kids that were out there were all good kids
Good kids don't do illegal and stupid things.
Brant

Struthers, OH

#42 Jul 29, 2010
I grew up jumping off this light house and as a matter of I just did a few weeks ago. I don't live in the area anymore but if a new current or undertow has developed in that area the people need to know.
Brant

Struthers, OH

#43 Jul 29, 2010
tap wrote:
<quoted text>
No he was not he was a really good kid with his head on his shoulder alot of kids jump off the light house. Yes that is very dangerous alot of people do it. He was not suicidal he was trying to enjoy his self with his friends. There is also a really bad under toe by the light house.
As far as I know the undertow is at the other end of the lighthouse where the gap is between the break walls. Someone should dive down to see if a new current has developed.

Since: Mar 10

Cleveland, OH

#44 Jul 29, 2010
tap wrote:
<quoted text>
That is really stupid thing to say the kids that were out there were all good kids
Why is it that everytime a kid does something stupid they are always good kids. A kid kills his family "he was a good kid". A kid runs away from home "he was a good kid". A kid jumps off of a lighthouse and dies "he was a good kid". Almost makes me hope my kid grows up bad!

“Perfect? NO. Forgiven? YES!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#45 Jul 29, 2010
Brant wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as I know the undertow is at the other end of the lighthouse where the gap is between the break walls. Someone should dive down to see if a new current has developed.
Maybe you should volunteer if you think jumping off the lighthouse is such a great idea.
Brant

Struthers, OH

#46 Jul 29, 2010
MySmileyFace wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you should volunteer if you think jumping off the lighthouse is such a great idea.
I probably will throw on some diving gear and check to see. They have signs all over the opposite end to prevent people from swimming the gap where there is a severe undertow.
ChokingVictim

United States

#47 Jul 29, 2010
typical "parent of an idiot" response. "my baby's a good boy". how many of those do we see on cleveland tv?
Ohreally

United States

#48 Jul 29, 2010
ChokingVictim wrote:
boo hoo, don't be stupid and you won't die.
survival of the fittest at its best.
With a name like ChokingVictim I would imagine you were stupid at least once in your life, oh, maybe twice, you wanted to name yourself that.

My sympathy to this young man's family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Conneaut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ashtabula's drug problem (Dec '08) 17 hr Ronald Smith 62
fat grandpa allows Kidd construction to run hi... Apr 29 concerned for se... 9
News House party mom could get 6 years (Oct '09) Apr 28 jersyfvf 10
Jeff construction he's the best contractor in t... Apr 27 jersyfv 3
Food Pantry Empty in Princeton West Virginia Apr 26 haha 2
dorton boy Apr 25 faf 2
Debate: Gay Marriage - Ashtabula, OH (Aug '10) Apr 22 lol 40
More from around the web

Conneaut People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE