Swimmer Rescued After Jumping Off Lig...

Swimmer Rescued After Jumping Off Lighthouse

There are 48 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Jul 27, 2010, titled Swimmer Rescued After Jumping Off Lighthouse. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

CONNEAUT, Ohio- The U.S. Coast Guard has rescued a swimmer who reportedly jumped off the Conneaut LIghthouse in Conneaut Harbor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Audrey

Mesa, AZ

#1 Jul 27, 2010
This is such a sad accident, and so young. My prayers goes out to his family.
April

Canton, OH

#2 Jul 27, 2010
It sad, but people are told of the dangers of the water! LISTEN TO THE WARNINGS
arianna richelle morris

North Ridgeville, OH

#3 Jul 27, 2010
this was one of my friends from highschool he graduated already.. but i cant believe this happened =[ he was a great person! its not like he intended this to happen!

“Not Perfect, Just Forgiven”

Since: May 10

Bloom Where You're Planted!

#4 Jul 27, 2010
Why does it say "Swimmer RESCUED After Jumping Off Lighthouse"?? The kid died in the water -- I don't call that a "rescue".

“Not Perfect, Just Forgiven”

Since: May 10

Bloom Where You're Planted!

#5 Jul 27, 2010
My prayers go out to his family.
Gabriele from Conneaut

United States

#6 Jul 27, 2010
It is every year some young kids get hurt out there, we need to make it safer that they can't jump off the lighthouse anymore. It is so sad I have a 18 year old and my heart goes out to the family and I'm so sorry. I feel very sad. We need to post signs with pictures of all the people who got hurt out there by the beach and the breakwall. maybe have warnings at the docks for boaters and at the stores by the docks. Don't let this happened again. Don't just watch them jump, stop them before it is to late again.
Frank James

Dearborn, MI

#7 Jul 27, 2010
7th Heaven wrote:
Why does it say "Swimmer RESCUED After Jumping Off Lighthouse"?? The kid died in the water -- I don't call that a "rescue".
The body was recovered thats all. Rescue was a bad choice of words. At least the kid was found the same day. Takes awhile for a body to bloat up and come up to the surface otherwise.
Cara Taylor

Chicago, IL

#8 Jul 27, 2010
I live in Chicago,IL.
This was a nephew that I never met. I was just there over a week or so ago and I give his mother (LILLY) my sister, my deepest sympathy and GOD BLESS the rest of the family.
cleveland chris

Brunswick, OH

#9 Jul 27, 2010
the lake is evil
Mark

Canton, OH

#10 Jul 27, 2010
The loss of a friend is the most terrible feeling in the world. I will never forget the memories.
tom

Sharon, PA

#11 Jul 27, 2010
oops!
sean

Canton, OH

#12 Jul 27, 2010
im from ashtabula does anybody no the boys name.
Pat

Lakewood, OH

#13 Jul 27, 2010
Damm people!!!..either were a life jacket or stay the hell out of the water..this is another tragedy that should NOT have happened
Cleveland-West_S ide

Cleveland, OH

#14 Jul 27, 2010
Gabriele from Conneaut wrote:
It is every year some young kids get hurt out there, we need to make it safer that they can't jump off the lighthouse anymore. It is so sad I have a 18 year old and my heart goes out to the family and I'm so sorry. I feel very sad. We need to post signs with pictures of all the people who got hurt out there by the beach and the breakwall. maybe have warnings at the docks for boaters and at the stores by the docks. Don't let this happened again. Don't just watch them jump, stop them before it is to late again.
Yeah you're right, we should wall up every body of water in the world to prevent people from swimming.
common sense

Clinton, OH

#15 Jul 27, 2010
Not to be mean because a person DID die here and all but you can't baby proof everything in the world. I mean at a certain age I think people should be able to use a brain and reason things through. Am I off base here? Common sense, what age does that kick in?

RIP kiddo, you are in a better place now than this cesspool of a planet
you mamma

Clinton, OH

#16 Jul 27, 2010
true

Akron, OH

#17 Jul 28, 2010
Cara Taylor wrote:
I live in Chicago,IL.
This was a nephew that I never met. I was just there over a week or so ago and I give his mother (LILLY) my sister, my deepest sympathy and GOD BLESS the rest of the family.
My thoughts, prayers, and good wishs go to you and your family.

Children, lighthouses are not meant to be used as diving boards. They are beacons of safety. Use them as such.
jbd612

AOL

#18 Jul 28, 2010
It's hard to believe out of four people none of them had sense enough to know this was a stupid thing to do.

Since: Dec 09

United States

#19 Jul 28, 2010
Gabriele from Conneaut wrote:
Perhaps you could contact the idiobama administration. This is exactly the kind of problem that could be solved with stimulus money. They could pay you to stand by the lighthouse and issue warnings to all who enter. You could keep a little binder with the photos, and show them for effect. No reason at all to think that parents should instill some sense into their children, this is clearly the fault of the idiots who built a lighthouse so close to the water.
adriennne

Hot Springs National Park, AR

#20 Jul 28, 2010
it toook 45 mintues for them to find him. tihey tried pefroming cpr but he was alredy gone. he was laying there on the hospital bed not moving. joe you will be missed by everybody.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Conneaut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marcus Galvan Jul 21 claudia 1
Oscar castellanos Jul 2 Toots 1
Josh Million, a murderer? (Feb '14) Jun '15 concerned 117
News Historic steam locomotive to take trips in Indi... Jun '15 interested 2
Roxs sport lounge Jun '15 lauren 2
The Diamond Project In Erie May '15 Reg 1
ashtabula's drug problem (Dec '08) May '15 fact and truth 63
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Conneaut Mortgages