Saint Vincent To Affiliate with Highmark

Oct 16, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WICU12 Erie

Officers of Saint Vincent Health System have called a 10:30 news conference to announce what is being called a 'strategic partnership" with the insurance giant Highmark.

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Nov 1, 2012
Dr Longfinger

Erie, PA

#1 Oct 16, 2012
Highmark is screwed. Why would anyone go to sub standard St. Vincent when they can have access to the UPMC system? Hanging on by a thread.
malone

Wattsburg, PA

#2 Oct 16, 2012
so true, plus we have 300 million backing us up. saint vincents will be parting ways with the clergy as to not offend the workers, as it is no longer affiliated with the sisters or any religios order for that matter. bye bye chapel.
cheetos

United States

#4 Oct 16, 2012
cheetos wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are workers offended by the clergy? Are the workers bigots?
Possibly money….or maybe the fact that the clergy determines what type of services St V’s will perform.
Sally

Wattsburg, PA

#5 Oct 16, 2012
Now I can have my abortion there, and you know my man is gonna get his tubes tied! Thank goodness we got that imaginary god out of all our hospitals in Erie! Bout time. Now how long before we get rid of all these churches?
Jack

Wattsburg, PA

#6 Oct 16, 2012
So much for complaining about being forced to supply contraceptives. now where are my damn condoms? It wasn't really faith based care anyhow.
wow

Franklin, PA

#8 Oct 17, 2012
insurance companies running the hospitals?
I like it

Erie, PA

#9 Oct 17, 2012
wow wrote:
insurance companies running the hospitals?
Like they haven't been running them for 20 years by dictating what they will or will not pay for, they just decided to pull back the curtain and show the wizard.
nurse aware

Erie, PA

#10 Oct 17, 2012
The disgruntled transplants have a deep burning hate for St.Vincent is very obvious and is your biggest downfall. Good luck and happy growing St. Vincents!

Political Science

Erie, PA

#11 Oct 17, 2012
Sally wrote:
Now I can have my abortion there, and you know my man is gonna get his tubes tied! Thank goodness we got that imaginary god out of all our hospitals in Erie! Bout time. Now how long before we get rid of all these churches?
Do you need a reproductive organ chart and lesson? Its about trying to survive as the shadow of a hospital that once was. If you can not beat it, join it or try to be like it. With Millcreek Community growing it has takin control of Vincent and both are dominated by UPMC and Erie is really not big enough for 3 large hospitals. I would bet money St. V could close and hamot and Millcreek wouldnt miss a beat and no one would suffer except the over waged personelle that has no where left to go.
Steverino

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Oct 17, 2012
UPMC and Highmark are in a competitive fight to annihalate the other, and now the fight is expanding to Erie. Competition means that someone has to win, so you can bet it will be UPMC.
I Am Sam

Erie, PA

#13 Oct 17, 2012
I'm sure St. Vincents won't turn down my Blue Cross Blue Shield.
bontempo

Wattsburg, PA

#14 Oct 17, 2012
I would start cleaning house with the managers, and leaders. these people make the most money while doing the least work. I hear the cardiac department is losing so much money that cardiologist are contemplating starting their own company again like cachione had done? apparently they have a boss who couldn't even manage his/her own daily schedule, and doesn't have the education to match the job? goes to show you they will hire anyone who will accept the low pay, but at what cost? losing more doctors?
tony

Wattsburg, PA

#15 Oct 17, 2012
thats all management up there. they don't have the education for the job, but will accept less money just for the power. highmark should definitely look at the credentials of all management or just clean house and get the right people in there.
police

Wattsburg, PA

#16 Oct 17, 2012
many of the management have their own agendas(cronyism), if they were to put these aside they would make much more money for the hospital. sad state of affairs there. I agree with the last poster, clean house and get the right management in there pronto.
highmark ceo

Wattsburg, PA

#17 Oct 18, 2012
if you are salary be prepared to be replaced.
stan

Wattsburg, PA

#18 Oct 20, 2012
very scary place. was in for catherization, had my name wrong and I corrected them twice or would have had wrong procedure.
libnlovinit

Erie, PA

#19 Oct 22, 2012
Romoff had it right. They bought the seats on the board to wield the power, but assume none of the downside risk....pensions, debt or liability. The Sisters sold their legacy for a measly 5 million bucks. Who in the hell negotiated on their behalf? Whalen, Fucci, Cogley, Mansfield should be ashamed of themselves. And, let's not forget how.many times they were a runaway bride either. Catholic Health Partners was their best bet and they ran from that because the senior leaders would have been made up of out of owners. How bad is that deal looking now? Idiot leadership killed that place. May she rest in peace.
gus

Wattsburg, PA

#20 Nov 1, 2012
how are the sisters of saint joe's even still involved with the place, the name should be completely changed and st.v's taken out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Conneaut Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 5 hr bacon hater 51,310
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 17 hr just saying 3,927
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Sat sammy 159
What Meadvillers Do When They're Bored (Jun '10) Aug 28 Chubby Chaser 3
Drug Dealers Aug 28 Larry 1
Anglers asked to help stop spread of round goby... Aug 18 Sauerkraut 5
Bankruptcy mulled to stop Pa. amusement park sale Aug 10 Ohio visitor 1
•••
•••
Conneaut Lake Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Conneaut Lake Jobs