Police arrest one in DUI crackdown

There are 12 comments on the GoErie.com story from Mar 17, 2009, titled Police arrest one in DUI crackdown. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Area police officers arrested one motorist for drunken driving during the latest enforcement effort by the Crawford County DUI Task Force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Ron

Tucson, AZ

#1 Mar 18, 2009
Ahh ... another revenue sweep by government. They use the excuse of DUI patrols to make money. Look at the numbers: 0.9% of the drivers stopped were driving drunk ... less than 1%. 7% of the drivers stopped were cited for other violations that carry revenue (fines) for governments involved. 100% of the drivers had their civil rights abrogated by being stopped a) without probable cause, and b) in violation of the 4th Amendment's prohibition on unreasonable searches and seizures.

Don't tell me it's about public safety. It's about the money.
Lori Nelson

Erie, PA

#2 Mar 18, 2009
Ron wrote:
Ahh ... another revenue sweep by government. They use the excuse of DUI patrols to make money. Look at the numbers: 0.9% of the drivers stopped were driving drunk ... less than 1%. 7% of the drivers stopped were cited for other violations that carry revenue (fines) for governments involved. 100% of the drivers had their civil rights abrogated by being stopped a) without probable cause, and b) in violation of the 4th Amendment's prohibition on unreasonable searches and seizures.
And someone like me would have no idea that my rights were being violated in a situation like that.
Andrea

Warren, OH

#3 Mar 18, 2009
And how much taxpayer money was wasted? It only netted one? The police should get that without the whole show.

“GodBless+KeepYou”

Since: Oct 08

Crawford County

#4 Mar 20, 2009
"Three motorists were cited for driving under DUI suspension,
and one was charged with underage drinking, Johnston said.
Police also charged one motorist with possession of marijuana and another with possession of drug paraphernalia, he said.

"Police also cited two motorists with driving with an expired registration and
one motorist with driving with an expired inspection sticker."

Good thing I read the article, I'd think they were just hanging around doing nothing.
GBKY
Supports DUI checkpoints

Meadville, PA

#5 Sep 7, 2009
Ron wrote:
100% of the drivers had their civil rights abrogated by being stopped a) without probable cause, and b) in violation of the 4th Amendment's prohibition on unreasonable searches and seizures.
Ok lets see here "100% of the drivers had their civil rights abrogated by being stopped with out probable cause" First off try reading the vehicle code that states that it is constitutional to perform "systematic" checks of vehicles. DUI checkpooint is governed under Title 75 section 3101(c)(i believe). To have a DUI checkpoint in a location there has to be a proven study that there is high probability of DUI traffic and there has to be a systematic way of conducting the checkpoint. EX: stop every other vehicle, 3rd vehicle.. etc.

Unreasonable Search and Seizure? If your not drinking and driving you have nothing to worry about. It is by no means unreasonable and there is case law after case law to back that up. Unreasonable is people who drive after drinking and then try and fight it in court because they hit someone head on killed them and they think their civil rights were violated because the "big bad cop" made me blow into a breathalizer, or get poked with a needle. I have rights too ya know! Horse Sh*it you have rights, you have the right to sit your a** in jail cuz you killed someones mother, or father, or daughter.
BeckyKnapp

Stow, OH

#6 Sep 7, 2009
Supports DUI checkpoints wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok lets see here "100% of the drivers had their civil rights abrogated by being stopped with out probable cause" First off try reading the vehicle code that states that it is constitutional to perform "systematic" checks of vehicles. DUI checkpooint is governed under Title 75 section 3101(c)(i believe). To have a DUI checkpoint in a location there has to be a proven study that there is high probability of DUI traffic and there has to be a systematic way of conducting the checkpoint. EX: stop every other vehicle, 3rd vehicle.. etc.
Unreasonable Search and Seizure? If your not drinking and driving you have nothing to worry about. It is by no means unreasonable and there is case law after case law to back that up. Unreasonable is people who drive after drinking and then try and fight it in court because they hit someone head on killed them and they think their civil rights were violated because the "big bad cop" made me blow into a breathalizer, or get poked with a needle. I have rights too ya know! Horse Sh*it you have rights, you have the right to sit your a** in jail cuz you killed someones mother, or father, or daughter.
Wow ... looks like you were up most of the night trying out different sock puppet names, Supports DUI Checkpoints/Robert/CS Resident. So bored, all by yourself in the middle of the night, that you had to resort to pulling up a bunch of old threads from MARCH to comment on??!
You really must NOT have any life whatsoever, to stay up all night posting -- and trying to make it look as though different people were commenting on these threads all night, lol! How funny!
You've definitely reverted to your old tricks of sitting up all night long, posting to no one about nothing ... and it's actually rather pathetic to see how lonely you are that THAT is your life. Sad.

Since: Jan 09

Erie, PA

#7 Sep 7, 2009
I thought Bussiere and his crew had something to do with this thread!
BeckyKnapp

Stow, OH

#8 Sep 7, 2009
mrcomment wrote:
I thought Bussiere and his crew had something to do with this thread!
Nope! It's an old, old thread ... from way back in March. Somebody was bored enough in the middle of the night to go back and dig it up.

“GodBless+KeepYou”

Crawford County

#9 Sep 7, 2009
I like that "Supports DUI Checkpoints" seems to know what he is talking about,; he's probably a cop who just got off his shift and was trying to unwind before crashing. Let it go, Becky... we can't all be 'day people'.
Have a great Labor Day, kids! Almost picnic time, make it a great one.
GBKY
BeckyKnapp

Stow, OH

#10 Sep 7, 2009
Brenda1 wrote:
I like that "Supports DUI Checkpoints" seems to know what he is talking about,; he's probably a cop who just got off his shift and was trying to unwind before crashing. Let it go, Becky... we can't all be 'day people'.
Have a great Labor Day, kids! Almost picnic time, make it a great one.
GBKY
FUNNY how you show up right away on all the threads your insomniac girlfriend sat up all night posting on to say, "Let it go."! LOL! I don't quite know how you square the lies you tell with your oh-so-Christian morals, Brenda. How DO you do that????

“GodBless+KeepYou”

Crawford County

#11 Sep 7, 2009
I wish I had a clue as to what you're talking about, Becky. I haven't been on in awhile (had a nice little vacation)... and since I've posted on this thread before, it came up as having a new comment.
There is no lying in my comment, but conspiracy theories and vivid imaginations seem to abound in Erie Topix... what's up with that? Be careful that one doesn't point out how oft you opine on these threads as well, dear.
Other than that -- enjoy the day! Picnic time!
GBKY
Reason

Canton, OH

#12 Sep 9, 2009
Supports DUI checkpoints wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh great, another bedwetter who is allowed to vote and breed.

If you don't want danger in your life, live in a bubble.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Conneaut Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News State ramping up efforts on curb cuts (Nov '09) Apr 22 Charles 3
Jessica Davis Apr 14 rick 6
Anyone know of a train that supposedly sank int... (Sep '11) Apr 9 whiteboy 9
News Police searching for ketchup-loving Hamburglars (Mar '09) Apr 5 Lester 6
How to hook up? Apr 5 Nickycutie 2
heroine bust Apr '15 whiteboy 1
Profesional Grade Club Mar '15 old school white ... 2
More from around the web

Conneaut Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE