-I just ran acros this topic today, and to answer the comments listed above:
I was never notified that anyone got food poisoning from eating at my restaurant. Why didn't you call me. Food poisoning at a restaurant affects many people who eat the same food that you claim made you sick. Sorry, but I think you may have an allergy to whatever you ate.
What did you eat, and what year. Was it a dinner, a buffet, an appetizer, a dessert, what?
Somebody was forcing me to close by doors: The Tribune cut out the paragraph that the Exit Door in the Harness Room was unable to open at all. We did not know that the the Harness Room addition was built on fill dirt. This situation forces ANY business to shut down. It would have cost $30,000
to fix it. Fill dirt sinks slowly when it has a building improperly built on it. We were never told about fill dirt being brought in to build on.
We would have never bought the business had we known that. My husband's family has a contracting business in Murrysville, we are not stupid. A man who attended a dinner meeting discovered that the door in the room his meeting was in did not open.
Bandana: I was in a very bad automobile accident in 1995 and was told I would never walk again. I did do the wheelchair and walker for many, many months. And, yes, the ADA was notified of a woman who had an elderly mother come out to an upstairs event, and pooped her pants. We had to prove to the rep. from the ADA that we had drawings done to build an ADA code restroom on the back of the building downstairs. The contractor who drew up the plans was Gaylord Wood from Greenville, PA.
And, finally, after realizing why our equipment kept breaking down, which was due to the damn fill dirt issue and the room sinking, we also found out that the building had black toxic mold and the emergency generator did not have a vent, so the fumes went right into my office every time my maintenance man would start the generator.
Trust me when I tell you that four banks did appraisals, I have them, as does our attorney, and all four appraisals requested by PNC, Citizens Bank, and the bankruptcy attorney, valued the Pub building at zero. We paid $680,000 for it 9 years
I have nothing to hide about this business that ruined our financial lives. Everything is documented, and can be proven.