Park seeks return from ashes

Park seeks return from ashes

There are 5 comments on the story from Mar 14, 2009, titled Park seeks return from ashes. In it, reports that:

The first relatively quiet offseason in several years could give way to the busiest stretch of warm-weather months in recent memory for Crawford County's once-premiere summer resort.

Join the discussion below, or

Gibsonia, PA

#1 Mar 15, 2009
Where are all the people with more money then brains, why don't some of them get behind this park and open it back up to were it used to be.Oh, I forgot, it's not a fricken painting thatis bought and then donated to a fricken museum.
Keep CLP Condo Free

Zelienople, PA

#2 Mar 15, 2009
Just so the bottom line is NO CONDOS filling the Park's lake front land. And why is the purchaser of Park debt from a "Mercer County corporation" being kept so secret? The truth is that corporation is in fact "UNIVERSAL DEVELOPMENT" a real estate developer.
HMMM. C'mon Mr. Anderson, NO real-estate development in CLP!

#3 Mar 15, 2009
the inept board in November of 2004 should have taken my financially solvent investors $2M offer to pay off 50% of the TRUSTS creditors immediatley with another $500k to bring in new attractions and another $500k to bring back all pertinent personnel to start implementing the BP for the up coming 2005 season! By now the park would have been attracting 250K visitors. ONLY conclusion is that the boards have NO thought of repaying THEIR creditors,a thus Anderson will buy up all the debt soon and then foreclose and its HIS Park!!! Past Greed and corruption on ALL levels has been its downfall! Good luck to the Popaviches, good people!

Edinboro, PA

#4 Mar 15, 2009
They can't open the classic park to the public, yet they will build a swimming pool? What wrong with swimming in the lake? Spend some $$$ and pay down the debt, not add a swimming pool! Good grief. No wonder Waldameer is doing so well.

Erie, PA

#5 Mar 15, 2009
Buncha inflatable balloons don't wanna lose their board positions. Those folks been too long at the Tiltawhirl.

Put a stake in its heart and call it a day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Conneaut Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Court to hear objections to Conneaut Lake Park ... 49 min Earl 1
News Plan filed in Bankruptcy Court would sell Conne... Nov 23 Erie Taxpayer 4
Anyone know of a train that supposedly sank int... (Sep '11) Nov 2 jerbar 12
Erie PA Ghost Chronicles Oct '15 Erie PA Videos 1
Greenville Public Safety Oct '15 Native Landlord 2
heroin Oct '15 big bad wolfe 2
Downtown Greenville Sep '15 SCB 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Conneaut Lake Mortgages