DUI effort nets 7 people for various ...

DUI effort nets 7 people for various infractions

There are 6 comments on the GoErie.com story from Jan 3, 2009, titled DUI effort nets 7 people for various infractions. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Two people were charged with drunken driving and five people were cited for other offenses during a Crawford County DUI Task Force enforcement effort on New Year's Eve.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Roger

Gibsonia, PA

#1 Jan 3, 2009
Should have gotten more of them.

Since: Nov 08

Erie, PA

#2 Jan 3, 2009
Roger wrote:
Should have gotten more of them.
If law enforcement would spread out, not just sit in one place all night they would.
Mike

Mercer, PA

#4 Jan 23, 2009
MeatyMcCheeze wrote:
<quoted text>
If law enforcement would spread out, not just sit in one place all night they would.
Pretty bad when sometimes the Local Yokals that are suppose to handle DUI is using themselves!- and not doing a thing about the DUI abuse going home from the bars at night!

AOL

#5 Jan 24, 2009
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty bad when sometimes the Local Yokals that are suppose to handle DUI is using themselves!- and not doing a thing about the DUI abuse going home from the bars at night!
Thats the way it is around here.
The law is above the law, they do as they please while using our tax dollars.

“6 times baby! Count 'em!”

Since: Feb 09

Meadville

#6 Feb 13, 2009
These DUI checkpoints should count how many people they slow up and detain who aren't guilty of any crime. I bet there average is like 1% of those they stop are DUI. We already have safety checks the local pigs use to feel important and generate some revenue. What's next? Stops to check for cell phone use if they pass a law banning them while driving? Constant infringements on our right to move about.
Not to mention the very cops running these checkpoints can drive drunk whenever they want. If they get stopped, they just flash the badge and away they go.
Don't think that doesn't happen. I have friends who are cops. They said "It's a professional courtesy". They also said "You don't want to be the cop who busts another cop for something so piddly". How is that for American justice people?

AOL

#7 Mar 1, 2009
I see our tax dollars getting abused all the time by police officers on duty. Ive seen one stop and watch their childs ballgame while on duty. Ive seen them stop in my workplace to visit while on duty. One day I stopped at a local gas station to fuel up and I had to wait in line about 10 minutes for a local police officer to finish a personal conversation with the attendent before I could pay my bill and leave. Boy was I impressed!
BoomOfSteel wrote:
These DUI checkpoints should count how many people they slow up and detain who aren't guilty of any crime. I bet there average is like 1% of those they stop are DUI. We already have safety checks the local pigs use to feel important and generate some revenue. What's next? Stops to check for cell phone use if they pass a law banning them while driving? Constant infringements on our right to move about.
Not to mention the very cops running these checkpoints can drive drunk whenever they want. If they get stopped, they just flash the badge and away they go.
Don't think that doesn't happen. I have friends who are cops. They said "It's a professional courtesy". They also said "You don't want to be the cop who busts another cop for something so piddly". How is that for American justice people?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Conneaut Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 15 things to add to your Erie bucket list this ... (Apr '16) Thu Sagertown Sally 6
The amazing milf at tops Thu Tiffany 4
Anyone know of a train that supposedly sank int... (Sep '11) Jul 6 vickie 18
cops that get high? Jun '17 Josh 2
News Thousands attend Erie's Wine on the Lake (Apr '16) Apr '16 Sopper Kobinski 7
News Court to hear objections to Conneaut Lake Park ... (Dec '15) Apr '16 Teddybear 3
News Plan filed in Bankruptcy Court would sell Conne... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Erie Taxpayer 4

Conneaut Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Conneaut Lake Mortgages