Value City store closes its doors

Value City store closes its doors

There are 39 comments on the GoErie.com story from Nov 26, 2008, titled Value City store closes its doors. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Three days before the unofficial start of the holiday shopping season, the local Value City Department Store enjoyed its own frenetic version of Black Friday on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
GFH

Canton, OH

#31 Mar 18, 2009
Like Value City the 80's are OVER aholes.

Since: Oct 08

BFE

#32 Mar 29, 2009
so if we like VC we a A-holes? huh! Sounds to me like you are just a unhappy individual that likes to get a reaction out of people.
David Bates

Radcliff, KY

#33 Apr 9, 2009
jane wrote:
I miss value city. If you looked you could really find some good bargains. In my mind there will never be another value city. Love the store and will miss it dearly! I used to love the people who wold bring the talbert bags to place their merchandise in. Those of you who are being rude about this store closing do not know how to shop for a bargain and will fail badly in this economy. Yes some of the merchandise VC sold was junk, but you just had to look and the good stuff could be found!
Well who peed in your Wheaties this morning???
Penny from Tenney

Erie, PA

#34 Apr 10, 2009
I can find better bargains at Macy's and Christopher and Banks amd I don't have to search to find clothes that are not ripped, dirty or made poorly. I'm not putting you down for thinking you are getting a deal at VC, but I think you can do alot better. Case in point, I just bought a red blazer at Macy's for 4.99. I buy good sweaters at 4.99-9.99. I know they will not fall apart and are made to last. They half wonderful end of season sales.
David Bates

Radcliff, KY

#36 Apr 14, 2009
Former Yankee 516 wrote:
why do you think VC was "Bad Rubbish"?
Dirty, ripped clothes that were poorly made to start with.
Chandu

Hudson, OH

#38 Apr 14, 2009
'killer' gets used raincoats for free on Elm St.
killer wrote:
Now the blacks have to go back over to elm street walmart to shoplift at ghetto mart.
David Bates

Radcliff, KY

#39 Apr 14, 2009
killer wrote:
Now the blacks have to go back over to elm street walmart to shoplift at ghetto mart.
Don't forget the trailer trash. They'll have to change their shopping habbits, too. LOL
elly

Nevada, IA

#40 Apr 14, 2009
killer wrote:
ahahahahaa good one. I saw that and thought, watch chandu b i tch about that one and sure enough she did....she loves so called illegals and blacks and white trash cause she might be one of "them". Doesn't take much to piss her off does it?? LMAO
David Bates

Radcliff, KY

#41 Apr 14, 2009
Chandu sounds like a basket case. LOL

BFE

#42 Apr 16, 2009
You know what David. Someday with the way the economy and world is going, you too might have no other choice but to live in a trailer. When I hear others knocking people or calling them I think WOW they must be so much better. Do you think you are better then most people?
David Bates

Radcliff, KY

#43 Apr 16, 2009
I'd rather die first than live in a trailer. Have you ever seen a trailer catch fire??? They usually burn to the ground in less than five minutes. Add to that the rowdy trailer parks where most trailers are parked. Watch a couple of episodes of "Cops" and you know that trailer parks are not nice places to live. Add to all these drawbacks the well-established phenomenon that trailer parks attract twisters and itís quite obvious that no self-respecting person wants to live in one of these death traps.

BFE

#44 Apr 16, 2009
Some people don't have a choice. It is called Bad luck, bad choices, or being poor. To each it;s own. No use on name calling unless you are perfect which I highly doubt you are!
Bea thrifty

Punxsutawney, PA

#45 May 10, 2009
Some of you as@@oles like Bates, who put down people for being thrifty about how they shop and where they shop ought to worry bout where your going to get you next refrigerator box to live in. Your jealous that you couldn't afford VC and You refrigerator box was too small to hold anything. So bite me ..oops better not your teeth are already falling out.
Carl

Stow, OH

#46 May 10, 2009
Bea thrifty wrote:
Some of you as@@oles like Bates, who put down people for being thrifty about how they shop and where they shop ought to worry bout where your going to get you next refrigerator box to live in. Your jealous that you couldn't afford VC and You refrigerator box was too small to hold anything. So bite me ..oops better not your teeth are already falling out.
Thought there was a Value City in West Erie Plaza.
roberta

Erie, PA

#47 May 16, 2009
are their any value city's left???
shelly wrote:
i luv value city and i'm not on welfare or cheap good stuff like seven jeans, baby phat, rocca wear get the facts straight when commenting on stores and their contents
David Bates

Louisville, KY

#48 Sep 6, 2009
shelly wrote:
they had some nice stuff at times and it wasn't all cheap i wish someone would tell me if and where there are stores still open because i would drive to shop at vc
You need to seek professional help, Shelly.

Since: Aug 09

Erie, PA

#49 Sep 7, 2009
Exciter71 wrote:
Datz where I be getting mez some Baby Phat and Rocca Wear.
*sniff sniff* Do I smell a little ook?
booknook

Salamanca, NY

#50 Oct 1, 2009
I alway shopped at value city in erie pa, for christmas my mom and sister go shopping for the whole weekend, value city is a great store. you can really get bargains, I'm looking for a store like value city in pa, does anyone know of one? I need a good department store

Since: Aug 09

Erie, PA

#51 Oct 1, 2009
Kohl's isn't bad. On upper peach just off of 90. It's next to Wal-Mart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Conneaut Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know of a train that supposedly sank int... (Sep '11) May 3 Matt kerr 16
News Thousands attend Erie's Wine on the Lake (Apr '16) Apr '16 Sopper Kobinski 7
News Court to hear objections to Conneaut Lake Park ... (Dec '15) Apr '16 Teddybear 3
News Plan filed in Bankruptcy Court would sell Conne... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Erie Taxpayer 4
News Conneaut Lake Park could still face sheriff sale (Feb '15) Feb '15 Nasty 8
1960's campground (Jul '13) Dec '14 the cashier 6
News Bankruptcy mulled to stop Pa. amusement park sale (Aug '14) Aug '14 Ohio visitor 1

Conneaut Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Conneaut Lake Mortgages