Value City store closes its doors

Value City store closes its doors

There are 39 comments on the GoErie.com story from Nov 26, 2008, titled Value City store closes its doors. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Three days before the unofficial start of the holiday shopping season, the local Value City Department Store enjoyed its own frenetic version of Black Friday on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lou

Miami, FL

#1 Nov 26, 2008
good riddance...you people will have to shoplift elsewhere
Armando Toucet

Aberdeen, MD

#3 Nov 26, 2008
Why? Why? Why?
I love Value City
noooooooooooooo!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4 Nov 26, 2008
You people? By this you mean the sticky fingered individuals, right?
Shabbat

Franklin, PA

#6 Nov 27, 2008
one less place to buy cheap jap made shi*
Bruce from Erie

Canton, OH

#7 Nov 28, 2008
What does this article mean, "there is nowhere else to shop?" what about local owned in the Meadville area and KMart? or the Grove City Outlets?

Since: Oct 08

BFE

#11 Nov 30, 2008
Meadville still has Wally-World! Too bad that little city has economic issues, It could really thrive!

BFE

#13 Nov 30, 2008
That is a very ignorant comment!
shelly

Youngstown, OH

#16 Dec 9, 2008
i luv value city and i'm not on welfare or cheap good stuff like seven jeans, baby phat, rocca wear get the facts straight when commenting on stores and their contents
shelly

Youngstown, OH

#17 Dec 9, 2008
they had some nice stuff at times and it wasn't all cheap i wish someone would tell me if and where there are stores still open because i would drive to shop at vc

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#18 Dec 10, 2008
Datz where I be getting mez some Baby Phat and Rocca Wear.
SW PENNA SHOPPER

Stahlstown, PA

#19 Dec 23, 2008
I drove about 80 miles to Benwood WVA's Value City Store tonight (12/23) and the manager was putting the "Store Closed" sign on the locked doors. They were to stay open until 9:00PM but closed at 7:00 PM today (their last day). Value City will surely be missed. You couldn't find a better store for good bargins.
just a friend

Franklin, PA

#20 Dec 30, 2008
SW PENNA SHOPPER wrote:
I drove about 80 miles to Benwood WVA's Value City Store tonight (12/23) and the manager was putting the "Store Closed" sign on the locked doors. They were to stay open until 9:00PM but closed at 7:00 PM today (their last day). Value City will surely be missed. You couldn't find a better store for good bargins.
u need 2 get a lyfe, there, baby phat

BFE

#21 Dec 30, 2008
I wish Fishers Big wheel was still in business
Rose

Warren, MI

#24 Jan 14, 2009
john smith wrote:
<quoted text>no the colored people like barrack obama
You need to get a life!
Obama Yall

Urbana, IL

#25 Mar 7, 2009
john smith wrote:
<quoted text>no the colored people like barrack obama
This is really a stupid, mean, and hurtful thing to say. U really need to grow up and get a life. I am so sorry that there are still people out there who think the way you do. Its really sad. I almost feel sorry for you.
jane

Potomac, MD

#26 Mar 12, 2009
I miss value city. If you looked you could really find some good bargains. In my mind there will never be another value city. Love the store and will miss it dearly! I used to love the people who wold bring the talbert bags to place their merchandise in. Those of you who are being rude about this store closing do not know how to shop for a bargain and will fail badly in this economy. Yes some of the merchandise VC sold was junk, but you just had to look and the good stuff could be found!
BeckyKnapp

Canton, OH

#27 Mar 12, 2009
Agreed, Jane. They had some real good deals on patio furniture and name-brand shoes.

BFE

#28 Mar 12, 2009
I miss VC too esp since I just moved to Meadville, why is it they closed the store. It always had business when I was in there. I would always find decent clothes at a affordable price.
David Bates

Radcliff, KY

#29 Mar 18, 2009
Goodbye and good riddance to bad rubbish!

BFE

#30 Mar 18, 2009
why do you think VC was "Bad Rubbish"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Conneaut Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drugs (Jan '09) Jan 12 Meadsy 22
Murder suicide Jan 12 Meadsy 8
does anyone know (Mar '09) Jan 12 Meadsy 9
Anyone know of a train that supposedly sank int... (Sep '11) Jan 12 Meadsy 16
Jessica Davis (Apr '15) Jan 11 Came 8
woodcock (Dec '11) Jan 10 Notgaynlovinit 33
Who is Patty Pie Dec '16 Had some Patty Pie 5

Conneaut Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance