No-show official to get pay

No-show official to get pay

There are 1 comment on the Democrat & Chronicle story from Dec 5, 2007, titled No-show official to get pay. In it, Democrat & Chronicle reports that:

“We're not going to waste taxpayer money going into some spitting match, with the great likelihood that we'll lose”

CONESUS - Town officials are expected to take grudging action tonight to reverse a resolution that withheld the salary of Town Board member Michael Witkousky after he stopped coming to meetings more than a ... via Democrat & Chronicle

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Democrat & Chronicle.

smittenguy

Sumter, SC

#1 Dec 5, 2007
Am I hearing this right? This guy is on the seat of town board members and has not shown up to a meeting since '06? I have a suggestion, make him come to a meeting and have the whole town be there and have him tell them all in person why he should be allowed to keep the towns money for doing nothing. even though it's not in the charter or rules that he be there to get paid. What if everyone started to do that, nothing would ever get done. This is more than disgraceful, It's down right pathetic for him to do this, he should at least donate the money to a charity other than himself , as someone said in the article. Even if he was to donate it to the community itself, at least he is not reaping the benefits of someone elses labors. 1 Last thing, tell him to grow up and stop acting like a child, just because he may be miffed about something that happened with what some people in the community did last year. Take it like a man, and learn from it. also, wouldn't that be like stealing or a misappropriation of funds, getting paid for doing nothing? I mean for real, I don't even live in that community and i'm not pleased with the ammenities that politicians get, but at least those that show up for the duties they swore to uphold, earn what they get.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Conesus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Building Contractor Guilty of Fraud (Sep '09) May '17 YUP_THATS_HIM 20
News Immigrant family's detention prompts angry demo... Mar '17 IescapedNY 7
Family court (Dec '11) Mar '17 a lot on this judge 48
News Four Wayland men arrested for thefts in Sparta (Jan '12) Feb '17 TJ Spankit 19
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Nov '16 reasonvoice 27
family and friends (Jun '16) Jun '16 Timothy 1
Anderson Park (Jun '16) Jun '16 Icon 1

Conesus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Conesus Mortgages