Five Men Charged In Barn Fire In Sparta

Jul 7, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WHTK-AM Rochester

Livingston County Deputies have charged five men with arson after a barn fire in the town of Sparta that happened on July 4th.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Robin Jarvis

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Many memories for many generations on that farm working those barns.....I know it wasn't intentional, but i still wish it hadn't happened. The barn may not have meant much to the people who own it now, just structure...but to me, it was family history. I know how this site can get.....please to all that frequent this site, keep the comments tactfull, my grandfather who owned and ran that farm for i think around 65 years, Charles Hamsher Sr., was good people and he would be nothing but kind to EVERYONE. It would be nice for people to post their memories of "The Farm" as I know that a lot of Dansville residents had a connection to it in some way or another. Have a great day all....and to those accused...i really think that some sort of punishment is in order for their lack of caution, however, i'm not the type to hold a grudge....may you be more carefull next time.
David Koresh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Judged:

so let me get this straight? you want people to post about an old barn, and you want people to post in memory of it? STFU and GFO. i think it is personaly fantastic that five retards played with fireworks (mind you they are illegal in NY) and burnt down and uninsured barn.

fyi, remember kids if u are going to shoot off fireworks atleast make a consious effort to shoot them at a insured structure.
johnny on the spot

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Its a dam shame your residence burnt down just like that ole barn Davey. Too bad you where bot in this one like last time.
Robin Jarvis

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Judged:

I have many words for you that i choose not to post on here David Koresh...what i will say is that I hope that none of the firefighters who fought that fire that reached 1,000 degrees and more, and risked their lives, don't see the last line of your post...im sure they won't be as kind to you as i am. Those volunteers risked their lives to save our old family house accross the street from catching fire also....and let me add it was the house of the men who started the fire in the first place!!! Thanks to the firefighters who helped that day!!!! You are very appreciated :-)
sandy wilkinson

Endicott, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Thank you Robin for bringing up all the firefighters that risk their lives on a daily basis to save structures! As for David Koresh I wish I knew where you lived so that when the tones go off for a structure fire....your house I could respond and do my job to try and save it. Then lets see if you feel the same way about the shit you say on here.
As for the barn I had many memories and always will but as a part of history Sparta lost one of the main structures that people knew well.
homer

Norwich, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

well done dave...you're as useless here as to the rest of the world.
Robin Jarvis

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

It's looking like that barn and the farm are tracing back to the early 1800's in our family!!!! Not quite sure cuz the info that i keep getting is that the first Hamsher farm was "somewhere on Reeds Corners Road"..:-( I've got it as far back as Conrad Hamsher and Daniel Hamsher (first settlers of Sparta, NY) If anyone has any info on when that barn was first errected or the house, please post!! thanks.
homer

Norwich, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Judged:

a long time ago i browsed through a book, maybe titled "Barns of the Genesee Valley"...kind of a photo essay with a nice collection of historical photos and information...might be of some help. good luck Robin.
Blah

Endicott, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Robin Jarvis wrote:
I have many words for you that i choose not to post on here David Koresh...what i will say is that I hope that none of the firefighters who fought that fire that reached 1,000 degrees and more, and risked their lives, don't see the last line of your post...im sure they won't be as kind to you as i am. Those volunteers risked their lives to save our old family house accross the street from catching fire also....and let me add it was the house of the men who started the fire in the first place!!! Thanks to the firefighters who helped that day!!!! You are very appreciated :-)
Sandy and Robin its not even worth reading his comments, He has nothing to do with his life so he goes through and posts nasty things on every single forum just to get people going and he is not worth anyones time!! I am very sorry for your sadness its sucks when something like that happens....... And thank you Sandy for volunteering to risk your life everytime the tones go off!! And everyone volunteering it is very much appreciated...
Robin Jarvis

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

Thanks Homer, I'll check that out :-) and thank you Blah, for your kind words.
David Koresh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

Judged:

i would like to add that i was looking online and found a book for the people involved.... "pyrotechnics for dumbies"

kids, next time read the book BEFORE using explosives/fireworks
Blah

Endicott, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

See he throws ridiculous words that mean nothing just to start with people if every single person on here ignored him and every word he said he'd get bored with no one to argue with :o)
Reeds Corners Resident

Norwich, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

Ignore Koresh, he's a fool and everyone knows it. It's very sad to drive by and see the destruction, absolutely nothing left of that old barn. Frightening to see how close the fire got to the house. My heart goes out to your family.
David Koresh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

Blah wrote:
See he throws ridiculous words that mean nothing just to start with people if every single person on here ignored him and every word he said he'd get bored with no one to argue with :o)
i will never get bored, the simple minded people of dansville will always reply.:-P
VGFD

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

I am one of the firefighters that was present at that fire. I am sorry that the barn caught fire and burnt, but the memory will always be there. I know the Hamshers and their family and that house and farm has been in the family for a very long time. It was really devastating coming to the seen to see that it was in fact one of their barns. As for Koresh, I believe that you are also from Dansville, so apparently according to your comment that pertains to you too. Wow don't you have anything better to do. Why don't you get off your ass and get a job.
williewannabee

Camden, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

To David Koresh:
If I ever see you on the street, I will punch you in your face so hard that you won't be able to talk about Charles Hamsher or any other person. Keep your mouth shut about good people.
Stop terrorizing people on this site.
Local Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

If using fireworks, period, please make sure you're on YOUR OWN property!!!! Whether your property is insured or not, at least you won't be ruining someone else's. I think the worst part of this whole thing is that many firefighters spent their holiday fighting this fire while those responsible stood by with no remorse for what they had done. Most irresponsible people who can't seem to keep their own lives on track seem to find great joy in screwing up everyone else's. Thanks again, jerks!
rachel

Friendship, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2011

David Koresh wrote:
so let me get this straight? you want people to post about an old barn, and you want people to post in memory of it? STFU and GFO. i think it is personaly fantastic that five retards played with fireworks (mind you they are illegal in NY) and burnt down and uninsured barn.
fyi, remember kids if u are going to shoot off fireworks atleast make a consious effort to shoot them at a insured structure.
regardless they burnt something down kids should have been taught better then that, common sense says dont play with fire they got what they deserved who cares if its insured or uninsured!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Conesus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Conesus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••