Are All Yankee's Jerks or do the just ACT that way?

Posted in the Concord Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Southern Gentleman

Charlotte, NC

#1 Jul 30, 2009
Most people from up north that I've encountered are hot headed, loud mouth, foul talking, fast talking, and generally speaking.. are mean. I'm mainly refering to the men with that generalization. The women seem somewhat nicer but a Jersey Girl accent is like fingernails on a chalk board to me. In addition, in the looks department, few compare with our beautiful and boutiful crop of homegrown Carolina Peaches.

Of course, the way they did it back home was better and they all had a superior education and there's absolutely nothing that they aren't experts on. I think we all know the type. Short on manners, quick to anger, and pretty much intolerant of native Southerners.

Personally, I'm really tired of being made fun and looked down upon by these Yankees and I wish they would just all go back from whence they did come. If I moved to the North (heaven forbid that ever happens!) I would never bring with me the total lack of disrespect for my new neighbors. I would try hard to fit in and not act in the manner that I've just described.

I think it may have something to do also with being raised in the Bible belt. I was taught from a young age Christian principals and values, such as: do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I try to live by these today. I wonder if they have the same values?

Obviously, I don't have any close Northern friends. I think it's mainly because they don't want to be my friend in the first place. Granted I'm making no special efforts here.

Anyone have any better experiences to share?
Real Justice

Saint Cloud, FL

#2 Jul 31, 2009
A damn yankee is just plain rude! They think they have an answer to everything. They complain about the South but you can't get rid of them.

Since: Jun 09

Lancaster, SC

#4 Jul 31, 2009
Southern Gentleman wrote:
Most people from up north that I've encountered are hot headed, loud mouth, foul talking, fast talking, and generally speaking.. are mean. I'm mainly refering to the men with that generalization. The women seem somewhat nicer but a Jersey Girl accent is like fingernails on a chalk board to me. In addition, in the looks department, few compare with our beautiful and boutiful crop of homegrown Carolina Peaches.
Of course, the way they did it back home was better and they all had a superior education and there's absolutely nothing that they aren't experts on. I think we all know the type. Short on manners, quick to anger, and pretty much intolerant of native Southerners.
Personally, I'm really tired of being made fun and looked down upon by these Yankees and I wish they would just all go back from whence they did come. If I moved to the North (heaven forbid that ever happens!) I would never bring with me the total lack of disrespect for my new neighbors. I would try hard to fit in and not act in the manner that I've just described.
I think it may have something to do also with being raised in the Bible belt. I was taught from a young age Christian principals and values, such as: do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I try to live by these today. I wonder if they have the same values?
Obviously, I don't have any close Northern friends. I think it's mainly because they don't want to be my friend in the first place. Granted I'm making no special efforts here.
Anyone have any better experiences to share?
You do realize that you just put yourself in the same category as Life Coach right? Sterotyping is extremely stupid. I could say many more comments in regards to some of the crap you just spewed, but no....I have more restraint than you obviously do. Regardless, you are the type of person I really try to stay away from.

Bless your heart.
Dave

Newton, NC

#6 Jul 31, 2009
Yes, Yankees are rude and I do wish they would all move back up north because they cant not say anything good about the south. we didnt ask them to come here so they can go the &^%$ back!
Typical

Erwin, NC

#7 Jul 31, 2009
Southern Gentleman wrote:
Most people from up north that I've encountered are hot headed, loud mouth, foul talking, fast talking, and generally speaking.. are mean. I'm mainly refering to the men with that generalization. The women seem somewhat nicer but a Jersey Girl accent is like fingernails on a chalk board to me. In addition, in the looks department, few compare with our beautiful and boutiful crop of homegrown Carolina Peaches.
Of course, the way they did it back home was better and they all had a superior education and there's absolutely nothing that they aren't experts on. I think we all know the type. Short on manners, quick to anger, and pretty much intolerant of native Southerners.
Personally, I'm really tired of being made fun and looked down upon by these Yankees and I wish they would just all go back from whence they did come. If I moved to the North (heaven forbid that ever happens!) I would never bring with me the total lack of disrespect for my new neighbors. I would try hard to fit in and not act in the manner that I've just described.
I think it may have something to do also with being raised in the Bible belt. I was taught from a young age Christian principals and values, such as: do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I try to live by these today. I wonder if they have the same values?
Obviously, I don't have any close Northern friends. I think it's mainly because they don't want to be my friend in the first place. Granted I'm making no special efforts here.
Anyone have any better experiences to share?
Southern Gentelman??A typical Southern Christian..........A HYPOCRITE!
Life Coach

AOL

#8 Jul 31, 2009
Of couse we run around acting like we are superior.

That is because we ARE

No only are we smarter and mor civilized than you hicks, but WE WON THE CIVIL WAR
Jake

Macclesfield, NC

#9 Jul 31, 2009
Life Coach wrote:
Of couse we run around acting like we are superior.
That is because we ARE
No only are we smarter and mor civilized than you hicks, but WE WON THE CIVIL WAR
YOU didnt win anything dumb ass. You wasnt even around then and no one living today is.
jake

Macclesfield, NC

#10 Jul 31, 2009
No one living then is alive now. ( was in a hurry above)
justice

Charlotte, NC

#11 Aug 1, 2009
yankees suck
justice

Charlotte, NC

#12 Aug 1, 2009
Life Coach wrote:
Of couse we run around acting like we are superior.
That is because we ARE
No only are we smarter and mor civilized than you hicks, but WE WON THE CIVIL WAR
you sir are an idiot
Mr Bildo

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Aug 1, 2009
jake wrote:
No one living then is alive now.( was in a hurry above)
Brilliant observation. I guess we were all too hurried to realize that.

Thanks
Angel

Huntersville, NC

#14 Aug 1, 2009
I've known a lot of thoughtful, considerate people from Chicago, a city in the north. Of course, in the Midwest, they're raised to be friendly. I also know a few from New York who aren't jerks. If New Yorkers could get over themselves, they might learn to be decent human beings.
Charley Thomas

Charlotte, NC

#15 Aug 1, 2009
Whiney yankees who always complain and say things were so much better up north really piss me off. If things are so much better~~~~~move back damnit. Don't waste our good air spouting your whineyass complaints no one wants to hear anyway.

Another thing that jerks my chain in most of the whineyass complaining yankees think the "F" word is an acceptable adjective. They use it everywhere and in front of people that find it offensive. Yet, if I mention that I am proud of my Southern heritage THEY get offended. Now come on. What's more offensive. Me saying I love Southern history or some foul mouthed, ill mannered yankee dropping the "F" bomb continuously?
Mr Bildo

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Aug 1, 2009
Charley Thomas wrote:
Whiney yankees who always complain and say things were so much better up north really piss me off. If things are so much better~~~~~move back damnit. Don't waste our good air spouting your whineyass complaints no one wants to hear anyway.
Another thing that jerks my chain in most of the whineyass complaining yankees think the "F" word is an acceptable adjective. They use it everywhere and in front of people that find it offensive. Yet, if I mention that I am proud of my Southern heritage THEY get offended. Now come on. What's more offensive. Me saying I love Southern history or some foul mouthed, ill mannered yankee dropping the "F" bomb continuously?
The answer to your question depends on which version of Southern history you're talking about.

The fantasy version retailed by most southerners or the actual history of a traitorous, backward, slave holding history.
Jud

Charlotte, NC

#17 Aug 2, 2009
Charley Thomas wrote:
Whiney yankees who always complain and say things were so much better up north really piss me off. If things are so much better~~~~~move back damnit. Don't waste our good air spouting your whineyass complaints no one wants to hear anyway.
Another thing that jerks my chain in most of the whineyass complaining yankees think the "F" word is an acceptable adjective. They use it everywhere and in front of people that find it offensive. Yet, if I mention that I am proud of my Southern heritage THEY get offended. Now come on. What's more offensive. Me saying I love Southern history or some foul mouthed, ill mannered yankee dropping the "F" bomb continuously?
Well said my friend. Definitely, not all Yankees are jerks, but they aren't a stereotype for no good reason. I mean we've all met one or two or these guys.. usually 30-50 years old who are the rudest and loudest morons that you've ever met. They tend to make quite an impression and are particularly inept in social situations where manners would typically be demonstrated.:))
native

United States

#18 Aug 2, 2009
Yankees are just pissed because their food is terrible up north, they live in crappy appartments, its cold 10 months of the year, They drove off most of the the manufacturing jobs with their spoiled labor unions.
Mr Bildo

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Aug 2, 2009
Jud wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said my friend. Definitely, not all Yankees are jerks, but they aren't a stereotype for no good reason. I mean we've all met one or two or these guys.. usually 30-50 years old who are the rudest and loudest morons that you've ever met. They tend to make quite an impression and are particularly inept in social situations where manners would typically be demonstrated.:))
"but they aren't a stereotype for no good reason."

Hmmm...and who says Southerners are stupid. Now where did that stereotype come from?
Yee HAAAAWWWW

Asheville, NC

#21 Aug 2, 2009
Waving my battle flag, boys! Let's do it again; just this time let's all gang up on the illegals! We could ust the Mississippi as a one-way EXIT! Swim, Julio, swim!
Sandy

Saint Cloud, FL

#22 Aug 2, 2009
Yankee boys really have do not have any class. They have a poor taste in clothes. Always drabby looking. They never get enough sun or something.
Kinda ugly if you do not mind!
Harold

Macclesfield, NC

#23 Aug 2, 2009
The reason they look pale is they are afraid to come outa the house. The crime rate is sooo high up north, they have to stay hid inside to protect themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Concord Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loan shark needed (Jul '09) 2 hr joey baggadonuts 20
Buh Bye All You IBM Employees (Oct '10) 2 hr _Timmy 271
Burn Boot Camp (Mar '14) 20 hr Coco 52
bggb (Aug '14) Wed gab 121
DIRECTV Referral Code at Maximum savings (Costc... (Aug '12) Wed JJ Muggs 72
Kyle Fleischmann (May '11) Mar 2 BarbieWorld 8
What happened to Catherine Bilkey - WSOC-TV? Mar 2 Woohoo 8
Concord Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Concord People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:46 pm PST

Bleacher Report 2:46PM
Panthers Sign TE Olsen to 3-Year Extension
ESPN 3:04 PM
Olsen inks 3-year, $22.5M deal with Panthers
Yahoo! Sports 3:14 PM
Panthers give Greg Olsen 3-year, $22.5M contract extension
CBS Sports 4:38 PM
Greg Olsen signs 3-year extension with Panthers: 4 things to know
NFL 4:47 PM
Ereck Flowers of Miami a possible fit for Carolina Panthers