Are Southerners Stupid or do they jus...

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#5115 Sep 26, 2013
ny sucks wrote:
<quoted text>. I've been all through dixie, they were a lot nicer to me than you buffalonians, or whatever you guys are, ever where. You guys are trashy, this is why rent in that city is so cheap, nobody wants to live there. Long live dixie!
That doesn't offend me. I'm from Long Island which is 9 hours from Buffalo. So, the rent is the highest in the nation and using your logic, everyone wants to love there. By the way, while you travelled throughout 'Dixie' as you put it; did you ever come across a college campus? What is "ever where"?
ny sucks

Brooklyn, NY

#5116 Sep 26, 2013
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't offend me. I'm from Long Island which is 9 hours from Buffalo. So, the rent is the highest in the nation and using your logic, everyone wants to love there. By the way, while you travelled throughout 'Dixie' as you put it; did you ever come across a college campus? What is "ever where"?
okay, a simple spelling mistake, big deal. I'm supposed to be offended by people that have been posting on this thread for years? Your lives must be wicked dull, if you even have lives.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#5117 Sep 27, 2013
ny sucks wrote:
<quoted text>okay, a simple spelling mistake, big deal. I'm supposed to be offended by people that have been posting on this thread for years? Your lives must be wicked dull, if you even have lives.
I get it... My iPhone auto corrects and I end up looking like a fool. Just f'n with you.

By the way, NY is an awesome place to be. There is a wide dichotomy of people, class, and education. If it exits in the world, you can also find it in NY.
chumor

Morristown, TN

#5118 Sep 27, 2013
Harvard Grad wrote:
<quoted text>
I graduated from Harvard. I believe I outrank you in colleges. My suggestion for you would be to pack your belongings and go back up north where you fit in and belong. I doubt that anyone here would miss you and the people here who know you here would probably assist you in the move.
...Amen
ny sucks

Paterson, NJ

#5119 Sep 27, 2013
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it... My iPhone auto corrects and I end up looking like a fool. Just f'n with you.
By the way, NY is an awesome place to be. There is a wide dichotomy of people, class, and education. If it exits in the world, you can also find it in NY.
maybe, but our taxes are high enough, I don't even wanna look at you's guys taxes. I also got lost in the bus station in nyc.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#5120 Sep 27, 2013
ny sucks wrote:
<quoted text>maybe, but our taxes are high enough, I don't even wanna look at you's guys taxes. I also got lost in the bus station in nyc.
Taxes are very high in NY. Mine were $18,000 prior to moving to NC. Now they're $4,000.
Culture Clash

Greenville, SC

#5123 Sep 29, 2013
Ugh. I have lived in north and south. Not all northeners have the Same opinions of Southerners. I would hope that everyone reading this realizes that its possible not to give much credence to stereotypes. I find it difficult to connect to Southerners because I do talk faster, open up about myself quicker, and do other things that arent 'done' here, but it doesnt make me think less of others. It makes me frustrated that I couldnt cross the cultural bridge and make a connection with someone. There are nice people and mean people everywhere. most people fall somewhere in between. There are smart people and dumb people everywhere. I will say that the only times Ive ever seen people with no teeth are in the inner cities up north and in the rural south, or missing teeth, I should say. I definitely think that the people in central PA or upstate NY are going to be totally different from people living in NYC or Pittsburgh, in terms of intellect and sophistication, but as with anywhere, its a general impression, and not an Absolute Truth.
Culture Clash

Greenville, SC

#5124 Sep 29, 2013
People vary greatly with one state, so its not always a morth vs. south thing with intellect, sophistication, warmth and openess. Ive met a lot of southerners, some I understand perfectly fine, others are hard for me to understand. I do find it hilarious though that none of the actors on Nashville are from the South. I mean Im a damn Yankeevan even 'ah' can tell! Lol. Southerners shouldnt take what comes out of Hollywood as being what Northerners think. Hollywood isnt in the North, for starters, and not everyone believes everything they see on tv anywY.
Ayo Beyo

Houston, TX

#5125 Sep 29, 2013
Life Coach wrote:
I am from Buffalo New York, but I have spent alot of time living in the South
When I first lived in the South, I just figured Southerns just talked funny. After getting to know Southerners, I have come to realize they are much less intelligent and less civilized than Northerners
They speak a language that barely resembles English and they act like violent animals.
Is it the heat, or what?
Lol, people from New York all sound like guidos. It's like whenever one talks you wonder if you're starring in a really bad mafia movie.

“Seeking reality & civilization”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#5126 Sep 30, 2013
ny sucks wrote:
<quoted text> maybe, but our taxes are high enough, I don't even wanna look at you's guys taxes. I also got lost in the bus station in nyc.
You got lost in a NYC BUS STATION?!?!?!?!?! And you tell people????? OMG.....THAT is a gut buster! Priceless, just priceless! You MUST be a republikin! If Charles Darwin were alive today he would make you his poster child of the year! Priceless, just priceless.

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#5129 Sep 30, 2013
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxes are very high in NY. Mine were $18,000 prior to moving to NC. Now they're $4,000.
That is one of the reasons northern cities are in ruins.

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#5130 Sep 30, 2013
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
You got lost in a NYC BUS STATION?!?!?!?!?! And you tell people????? OMG.....THAT is a gut buster! Priceless, just priceless! You MUST be a republikin! If Charles Darwin were alive today he would make you his poster child of the year! Priceless, just priceless.
darwin was wrong.

Since: Oct 13

Charlotte, NC

#5131 Oct 1, 2013
YES to BOTH questions. Next topic.
Huh

Pearisburg, VA

#5132 Oct 1, 2013
At least southerners include the letter r in their speech. And we can feed ourselves without a can opener. We know what clean air is, and we control our guns better.

Location hidden

#5133 Oct 1, 2013
THIS answers the question-spot on;

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/17/dog-...

Location hidden

#5134 Oct 1, 2013
Huh wrote:
At least southerners include the letter r in their speech. And we can feed ourselves without a can opener. We know what clean air is, and we control our guns better.
WHUT?????
ny sucks

Chicago, IL

#5136 Oct 12, 2013
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
a republican as charles darwins poster child? Ever heard of an oxymoron?
You222

Charlotte, NC

#5137 Oct 13, 2013
Kristen wrote:
I'm from Georgia, about as south as you can get unless you go to Florida. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about "Life Coach". I actually just watched a documentary in one of my ADVANCED college courses (that's right, us southerners are intelligent and we have good looks!) about how much higher test scores are in the South versus the North mainly New York to be exact. There reading scores was 12% where as Georgia was 43%. There is a HUGE difference between a southerner with southern hospitality and a redneck. Not all of us are rednecks. Also besides education, us southern women have better, bangin' bodies where as them Yankee women are constantly starving themselves to be anorexic. Grow up and how about YOU get a better education because you are obviously as dumb as a rock if you think by being a complete asshole is going to make us get an education. WE HAVE A BETTER EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM IN THE SOUTH THAN THE NORTH! Get your facts straight!
There reading scores was 12% where as Georgia was 43%.
What?

us southern women have better, bangin' bodies
The people in the south are exceptionally obese.

them Yankee women
Really? Is this from your ADVANCED English studies?

Grow up and how about YOU get a better education because you are obviously as dumb as a rock if you think by being a complete asshole is going to make us get an education.
I don't know where to start on that one - maybe they'll address this in your SUPER DUPER ADVANCED classes.

First of all, anything compared to NY usually takes in NYC. NYC has certain areas where a cesspool would be preferred.

As for education, New York is a leader of educated morons. All those Masters Degrees in sociology, psychology, teaching, etc., so don't claim a classroom degree makes you more intelligent.

How many kids go to college because they don't want to get a job & mom/dad are paying for it or the gov't (me). One used to get a job because one needed medical coverage. Well, now the jackass in the WH has taken care of that. You don't have to get a job until 26 now. And what do we have then? A bunch of educated fools who have NEVER had a job & come out of college at 26 thinking they deserve to make 100k.

And for those in middle management - the number one concern is that the managers don't know how to write. Why is that? Because the school system has deemed proper English to be unnecessary - as long as the student feels good about him/herself.

Now, this is not a southern or northern issue. I have been to both parts of the country. This is a liberal problem. The liberals have used the fallacy of education to spark these arguments. The only thing that is true is this - you can't seem to teach idiots how stupid they really are. And Liberals love controllable idiots.
boomboom

Granby, MA

#5138 Nov 1, 2013
Icccceeeee wrote:
<quoted text>
Bles your lil heart,arent you glad your not here!!! And what exactly IS the point of this post
Massachusetts was voted to have the best ed in the nation ( think Harvard people). Northern states are also not afraid of same sex marriage, and do not believe in creationism, flat Earth etc. I believe Florida and Missisippi had the worst schools. As far as weather goes, we can't control nature( no kidding)! Homewoner's insurance is cheap in the North, while in Fl it might run in the thousands.
Also most of tea party in congress come from the South. That should tell you something.
boomboom

Granby, MA

#5139 Nov 1, 2013
A reason to move somewhere else has to involve more than weather. For instance, do you have contacts where you are going? Also what is the culture like ? The South is generally regarded as "red" while the North is "blue" and generally more tolerant We take everybody, and don't tell people to "Yankee go home" or should I say, "Redneck go home."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Concord Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Politics Do you approve of Jill Swain as Mayor? Tue John Smithers 1
Best Plastic Surgeon In Charlotte? Mon Al Sharpton 2
Did Rick Hendrick Ever Really Have Leukemia? (May '09) Jul 27 pekosbob 74
Causal Encounter Jul 27 Noleftturns 2
the music thread (Mar '12) Jul 25 Musikologist 21
Buffalo Classic American Loser City (Mar '10) Jul 25 CumberlandChevy 15
Poll Confederate Flag Symbolizes: Jul 24 Ecossais 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Concord Mortgages