Body of missing Concord man found in ...

Body of missing Concord man found in Acton woods

There are 12 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Oct 7, 2009, titled Body of missing Concord man found in Acton woods. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

The body of an elderly Concord man who went missing 2 1/2 weeks ago was found in a swampy, wooded area of Acton yesterday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Donna

Quincy, MA

#1 Oct 7, 2009
God bless the merciful!!!!! remove hate from our hearts. Mercy and justice should be our communities matra.
The Truth

Lowell, MA

#2 Oct 7, 2009
May you REST IN PEACE Mr.Net hercut....
Chelmsford

San Jose, CA

#3 Oct 7, 2009
RIP Mr. Nethercut and God Speed. Bless you
jennifer

Cranston, RI

#4 Oct 7, 2009
god bless this man for turning something so horrible into a positive! may he rest in peace.
Leigh

Lowell, MA

#5 Oct 7, 2009
So sad...RIP

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#6 Oct 7, 2009
What a nice story about a beautiful man.
My 2 Cents

Haverhill, MA

#7 Oct 7, 2009
If more ppl learned to forgive as this man did and taught - our world would be a much better place. God's Peace on the ones left behind. May his story and message continue to be told and impact the importance and deeper benefit that forgiveness brings over anger and hatred. Forgiveness brings healing, anger and hatred only foster continued pain and can be behind many illnesses.
Red

United States

#8 Oct 8, 2009
Sorry to me some things are just not forgiveable I maybe wrong, or Mr.Net hercut may be wrong. But Drug dealers, rapists,murders are a cancer among us we have all done things wrong in life and deserve a second chance to a point.
Stepford wife

Groton, MA

#9 Oct 8, 2009
He willed be missed.
LUKE

Londonderry, NH

#10 Oct 9, 2009
Red wrote:
Sorry to me some things are just not forgiveable I maybe wrong, or Mr.Net hercut may be wrong. But Drug dealers, rapists,murders are a cancer among us we have all done things wrong in life and deserve a second chance to a point.
It's really not up to us whether or not "WE" forgive. We aren't the judges of others. We can judge actions and say that they are objectionable. But, once you judge the person that performed the action, you've crossed the line.

Luke 6:37 says,

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged; and do not condemn, and you will not be condemned; pardon, and you will be pardoned."

This man was was 'MAN' enough to live faithfully. He lived by the word and didn't judge people.

From Matthew 20:

35 'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in;

36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.'

37 "Then the righteous will answer Him,'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink?

38 'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You?

39 'When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'

40 "The King will answer and say to them,'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'

Nobody wants to be judged yet, everybody is quick to judge others. Do people need to justify their own inequities to themselves so badly that their willing to sell their own soul to do it? Before you judge and condemn others, look in the mirror. Because your condemnation of them puts you in the same category as those that commit the acts that you condemn them for.

Real men love Jesus! If there were more people like Mr. Nethercut in the world, the world would be a much better place.
XYZ

Tyngsboro, MA

#11 Oct 10, 2009
LUKE wrote:
<quoted text>
Because your condemnation of them puts you in the same category as those that commit the acts that you condemn them for.
Leviticus 24:19-21
24:19 If a man inflicts an injury on 1 his fellow citizen, 2 just as he has done it must be done to him – 24:20 fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth – just as he inflicts an injury on another person 3 that same injury 4 must be inflicted on him. 24:21 One who beats an animal to death 5 must make restitution for it, but 6 one who beats a person to death must be put to death.
It is rare that a man would forgive the person that raped and killed his daughter. It's also very strange.
LUKE

Londonderry, NH

#12 Oct 12, 2009
XYZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus 24:19-21
24:19 If a man inflicts an injury on 1 his fellow citizen, 2 just as he has done it must be done to him – 24:20 fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth – just as he inflicts an injury on another person 3 that same injury 4 must be inflicted on him. 24:21 One who beats an animal to death 5 must make restitution for it, but 6 one who beats a person to death must be put to death.
It is rare that a man would forgive the person that raped and killed his daughter. It's also very strange.
You have taken this out of context. Lecivitus is about Blasphemers, the commandment (You shall have no other gods before me). The death that is spoken about is spiritual death. The verses that you quoted are about killing a man spiritually by causing him to blaspheme. If you cause someone to blaspheme ot to sin, then you are as guilty as the sinner and you will die spiritually as well. Immediately before the verses that you posted are Leviticus 24:15-16:

15 "You shall speak to the sons of Israel, saying,'If anyone curses his God, then he will bear his sin.

16 'Moreover, the one who blasphemes the name of the LORD shall surely be put to death; all the congregation shall certainly stone him. The alien as well as the native, when he blasphemes the Name, shall be put to death.

This refers to spiritual death, not the 'death penalty.' Why would God Command us in the 10 Commandments not to kill and then tell us to kill later? In order to understand what 1 verse means, you have read what's before it and understand that. Otherwise, you could take any verse in the Bible and make it mean what you want it to mean out of context.

"It is rare that a man would forgive the person that raped and killed his daughter. It's also very strange."

You are correct, it is rare and on the surface, it's strange too. However, forgive and you will be forgiven, it's not our place as humans to judge people. Regardless of what they do. We can judge their actions but not them.

Luke 6:35-37

35"But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men.

36"Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

37"Do not judge, and you will not be judged; and do not condemn, and you will not be condemned; pardon, and you will be pardoned.

Therefore, if you can't forgive, then you can't be forgiven and we are all sinners. If you forgive others, God will forgive you.

These are the things that Mr. Nethercut lived by. Not only in words but by his actions. This is what makes him a rare breed. If there were more people like Mr. Nethercut, this world would be a much better place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Concord Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ted Nugent Suggests He's Ready For Armed Revolt... (Jan '13) Nov 30 power 24
News Acton mom charged in infant son's slaying (Aug '10) Nov '16 I know more than ... 15
News Two men charged in Acton drug bust Oct '16 Oxy 1
Is there any 'ghetto' in Sudbury?? (Apr '08) Oct '16 idk 34
News Downing Named 'Rising Star' by College Democrats (Apr '11) Sep '16 Fan of Ben 3
News Inspired evolution of Billerica's Whiffle Tree Jul '16 hammerhead 1
News Judge Extends Restraining Order In Immigration ... (Apr '07) Jun '16 Nopal 3

Concord Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Concord Mortgages