Internet Video Of Burning Turtle Lead...

Internet Video Of Burning Turtle Leads To Charges

There are 42 comments on the WCCO story from Jun 22, 2006, titled Internet Video Of Burning Turtle Leads To Charges. In it, WCCO reports that:

Hawely, Minn. A video of a turtle being burned alive that was posted on the Internet has led to a criminal investigation of three people from Hawley, Minn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCCO.

Terry31415

Oshkosh, WI

#21 Aug 31, 2006
David Matthews wrote:
Oh my - we care more for animals than our children that are being hurt by child molesters, rapest, murders. Now if we could just get attention like this towards our own children who are harmed, it might be different.
Torturing animals is one of the predictors the FBI uses to find serial killers. Critically examining why kids are torturing animals is a way to PREVENT other people from getting hurt, which I think is far better than expressing concern AFTER someone is killed.
Torturing is far different from hunting.
Wow

Irwin, PA

#22 Sep 1, 2006
You're probably ugly too, but nobody lights you on fire because it would be CRUEL and WRONG as much as other people may want to do it, to watch you flail around on fire. That would be funny right? Whatever, human or animal, this is fucked up either way. Have you ever burned yourself on a stove accidentally? It's not very pleasant is it? And to think that people would burn something probably half to death, and laugh as it suffers? Is what you're saying to me that this is okay? Maybe you should re-evaluate your own fucking selves. I don't care if the turtle lived or walked away from it, you still hurt it, and it probably walked off and died anyway from the whole thing. Think about it! This kid will probably hurt other things as HE DID find this quite funny. I think the funny part about this is him being punished. HAHAHAHHAHA Stupid fucker.

One word: OWNED!
Dawn

Minot, ND

#23 Sep 3, 2006
David Matthews wrote:
Oh my - we care more for animals than our children that are being hurt by child molesters, rapest, murders. Now if we could just get attention like this towards our own children who are harmed, it might be different.
Man - this world is really worthless!!!!
Cruelty towards animals is a strong indicator of people who go on to hurt other humans later in life. It's been a noted starting point for sociopaths and serial killers, so it is not as "worthless" as you may think.
Dawn

Minot, ND

#24 Sep 3, 2006
none of your business wrote:
these kids are fine. they're good kids that made a mistake. who cares! its an animal let it go! its not like its a human, they would never do this to a human. hell, if it was a human people wouldnt be making this big of a deal of it. ya'll need to cut them a brake and animal lovers:back off.
Because "good kids" don't grow up to set churches/homeless men on fire. That's never happened. In case you don't understand sarcasm, this did in fact happen in the past year or so. The criminals in question were college kids from so-called "good" families.
nicole

Buxton, ND

#25 Sep 19, 2006
wow...they got some issues man.....
NOYB HATER

Canada

#26 Sep 21, 2006
"who cares! its an animal let it go!"
~~ I don't get that comment, none of your business. By saying it's an animal let it go, are you trying to say, that they don't feel pain like humans do ?
~~ Give me a locked room, a pack of matches and some gasoline, and I can demonstrate to you just how much pain, that animal did feel.
~~ I'd have a much easier time, torturing piece of sh!t humans like yourself than any animal !
NOYB HATER

Canada

#27 Sep 21, 2006
I love the intelligent comments from individuals who can't even spell ANONYMOUS correctly.
Before you start yapping, learn to spell ! At least then your comments may be taken seriously.

Reason as to why this as such a negative response, is because animals for the most part are innocent. Humans are just plain shit.

I could easily kill any person, over any animal anyday !

If I wouldn't end up in jail for doing so, I would knock off at least 4 of you in this fucking forum !

~~~ I'd tie you stupid fucks up and burn you all slowly for hours, until you FINALLY get the point.
anonomous

AOL

#28 Oct 25, 2006
first of all one of the kids is my best friend so fuckin lay off and they didnt post it on the web one of the gay people who they thought were there friends found it and posted it ok now im an animal activist i have a lot of pets including a turtle now this doesnt bother me as much as some of it does to some of u. I have to admit it does bother me but come on talking about killing them death threats well if one of them commits suicide im hunting downople the people who gave them the death treats now GET A LIFE !!!!!!!!!!
anonomous

AOL

#29 Oct 25, 2006
and Dawn from minot everyone one of them was an A+ student and they all went to church so lay off now
annoymous

AOL

#30 Oct 25, 2006
its a turtle give me a break
Jen

Warwick, ND

#32 Aug 9, 2007
Anyone who thinks harming another living creature has some serious issues (maybe from childhood or their home life) they need to take a second look at. But if you think it's okay maybe we should start beating them to a bloody pulp, watch them die and we'll all laugh about it, and throw them into the closest dumpster to rot. That's what's wrong with this society... NO MORALS or VALUES!
Jacky

United States

#34 May 27, 2008
I know this kid because he goes to school with my daughter, and we attend the same church. This is not a bad kid, Joe was in football, church league basketball, chior, pop singers and elementary aid( thats right he was around a bumch of 1st graders and one was my friends daughter and she said "he's awsome") Now he's going to collage and is still in it. As for his family, his parents could not be more supportive. They are a middle classs family that is not "trailor trash" they live in a very nice home and I see that Joe's sister made the honor roll. This is not a bad family! When all of this was going on Joe's brother was in Iraq serving 18 monthes so those PEDA and tree huggin people should have just left that poor family alone. His brother is going to the U of M very smart kid. Everybody that knows Joe would agree with me I talk the all my local friends and they agree with me. You might want to know this too, there were three kids involved with the burning of the turtle but joe was the only 18 year old, the other two were 17 almost 18. Joe goes on missions trips with our church, he is involved a lot with stuff. That family has revieved death threats and accused of a lot worse so next time you make fun of this poor kid, think about you own kid doing that just on a boring night with friends what could you do as a parent accept watch all the death threats and nastey letters, watching you kid go though his senior year in high school having to go to trials and be in jail over spring break. They didn't even put that video on the internet, this other kid named Ryan Courneya ( yes thats his real name because he didn't even get anything and I hope he gets some charges even 2 years after!).
Zach

Fargo, ND

#35 Oct 27, 2008
Ya... First of all they gave the video to him to put on the internet and second he still talks to all of them and used to hang out with them until 1st yr of college got out.
Jacky wrote:
I know this kid because he goes to school with my daughter, and we attend the same church. This is not a bad kid, Joe was in football, church league basketball, chior, pop singers and elementary aid( thats right he was around a bumch of 1st graders and one was my friends daughter and she said "he's awsome") Now he's going to collage and is still in it. As for his family, his parents could not be more supportive. They are a middle classs family that is not "trailor trash" they live in a very nice home and I see that Joe's sister made the honor roll. This is not a bad family! When all of this was going on Joe's brother was in Iraq serving 18 monthes so those PEDA and tree huggin people should have just left that poor family alone. His brother is going to the U of M very smart kid. Everybody that knows Joe would agree with me I talk the all my local friends and they agree with me. You might want to know this too, there were three kids involved with the burning of the turtle but joe was the only 18 year old, the other two were 17 almost 18. Joe goes on missions trips with our church, he is involved a lot with stuff. That family has revieved death threats and accused of a lot worse so next time you make fun of this poor kid, think about you own kid doing that just on a boring night with friends what could you do as a parent accept watch all the death threats and nastey letters, watching you kid go though his senior year in high school having to go to trials and be in jail over spring break. They didn't even put that video on the internet, this other kid named Ryan Courneya ( yes thats his real name because he didn't even get anything and I hope he gets some charges even 2 years after!).
mike

Fargo, ND

#36 Oct 27, 2008
ok the turtle didnt die and they didnt even harm it it was just the shell that was on fire, the turtle was ok after wards and it went back into the river. and death threats over a turtle being bullied, and they arent really messed up kids they just were being stupid, its not like they go around and trapping animals and killing them slowly. plus people do a lot worse to snakes and other animals that arent well liked
mike

Fargo, ND

#37 Oct 27, 2008
and one of the kids is dead now... foul act is a possibility
Musamishi

Pleasant Ridge, MI

#38 Jan 3, 2009
Jacky wrote:
I know this kid because he goes to school with my daughter, and we attend the same church. This is not a bad kid, Joe was in football, church league basketball, chior, pop singers and elementary aid( thats right he was around a bumch of 1st graders and one was my friends daughter and she said "he's awsome") Now he's going to collage and is still in it. As for his family, his parents could not be more supportive. They are a middle classs family that is not "trailor trash" they live in a very nice home and I see that Joe's sister made the honor roll. This is not a bad family! When all of this was going on Joe's brother was in Iraq serving 18 monthes so those PEDA and tree huggin people should have just left that poor family alone. His brother is going to the U of M very smart kid. Everybody that knows Joe would agree with me I talk the all my local friends and they agree with me. You might want to know this too, there were three kids involved with the burning of the turtle but joe was the only 18 year old, the other two were 17 almost 18. Joe goes on missions trips with our church, he is involved a lot with stuff. That family has revieved death threats and accused of a lot worse so next time you make fun of this poor kid, think about you own kid doing that just on a boring night with friends what could you do as a parent accept watch all the death threats and nastey letters, watching you kid go though his senior year in high school having to go to trials and be in jail over spring break. They didn't even put that video on the internet, this other kid named Ryan Courneya ( yes thats his real name because he didn't even get anything and I hope he gets some charges even 2 years after!).
your an idiot to think that any human capable of doing this doesnt deserve to get punished. Research has shown that nearly all serial killers had tortured animals when they were young and furthermore, were from "good" families. Your opinion is based on your bias towards this kid which is why you are not in charge of the legal system. Handling behavior like this is what prevents behavior such as school shootings and murder from happening. If your too ignorant to realize that then go back to church and pray to Jesus.
billy biddles

UK

#39 Feb 15, 2009
i just set my kitten on fire. it screamed so good i jizzed in my pants. must dash i am off to stab a dog.
hello

Fargo, ND

#40 Feb 16, 2009
thats mean
interested

United States

#41 Jan 16, 2010
nonya wrote:
i know it was so fricken stupid to do a thing like that but what the hell are u guys talkin bout rapists and stuff like that animal cruelty and burning an animal has nothing to do with our childrens future and rapists and molesters you all need to calm down about it. it was a stupid mistake. i agree with "a-friend"
most physiciatrist agree, that many adult criminals started by abusing animals.
BEn

Australia

#42 Jun 17, 2010
People who hurt animals as children and laugh at it grow up to be sickos. You think It is ok to hurt animals because they are different to you?
The people who did this are no different to any other people who hurt animals, they are scum.
They think it funny to torture living creatures that feel pain. How can any sensible person agree with that?
Anyone who sticks up for these kids are disgusting people.

And to the people talking about how humans get hurt like this as well... What is your point? This is a video of some people torturing a turtle, not a human, so no one here cares about what happens to people. You need to understand more people care about animals than they do about humans. Most people hate humans, Its you who gets upset when a human dies, most people laugh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Comstock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Home invasion investigation in Comstock, Minn. (Apr '14) Apr '14 CJ Stevens 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Nov '10 DJ 4
News Opera review: 'La Boheme' is all about love, bu... (Mar '10) Mar '10 operabuffahhhh 1
mother of bride dress (Jan '10) Jan '10 interested 1
News 'Jingle Bell Doc' Severinsen and company shine ... (Dec '09) Dec '09 columbo agnostic 2

Comstock Jobs

Personal Finance

Comstock Mortgages