Internet Video Of Burning Turtle Leads To Charges

Full story: WCCO

Hawely, Minn. A video of a turtle being burned alive that was posted on the Internet has led to a criminal investigation of three people from Hawley, Minn.
Comments
1 - 20 of 42 Comments Last updated Sep 30, 2010
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
annonomous

Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2006

Thats sick.
Rachelle Williams

Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2006

They need to be given psychiatric evaluations. If they are so disgustingly sick... so young...can you imagine what they are going to be like later in life? How far of a jump away are they from hurting a human being and laughing about it?
David Matthews

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2006

Oh my - we care more for animals than our children that are being hurt by child molesters, rapest, murders. Now if we could just get attention like this towards our own children who are harmed, it might be different.

Man - this world is really worthless!!!!
annonomous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2006

I hope they haven't done this before, where were the parents while this was happening......neighbors anyone??????
annonomous

Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2006

I Agree with David
not telling

Oronoco, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2006

Judged:

what the hell were they thinking not only burning a turtle but posting it on the internet. man those guys need some help
PS Audubon MN

Pine Island, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2006

Judged:

It should be mandatory that these 3 children should have psych evals. It is this kind of behavior that leads to hurting humans later. These 3 should have to do public service with supervision in caring for animals as well. This is NOT behavior that can be ignored or written off as "kids will be kids" as our public service people seems to want to do.
none of your business

Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2006

Judged:

these kids are fine. they're good kids that made a mistake. who cares! its an animal let it go! its not like its a human, they would never do this to a human. hell, if it was a human people wouldnt be making this big of a deal of it. ya'll need to cut them a brake and animal lovers:back off.
concerned parent

Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2006

If these good kids as one of you called them are allowed to get away with this sick act. Then that is telling others that it is alright to mutilate and destroy life, be it animal or HUMAN! What's next? You have to start some where otherwise we will be dealing with the same individuals for other crimes such as child abuse and domestic abuse. Be it animal or human, abuse is abuse.
a-friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2006

I know one of the kids who did it, and I know personally that he's not going to kill anyone later on in life...
honestly...if you lived in a small hick town with nothing to do, and you got bored, can you tell me with complete honesty that you wouldn't have done something similar. even catching a frog and seeing what would happen if you pulled its tongue???
I know Joey, and he's not like this, ok?
I disagree with anyone who says it's more important to freak out about an animal than freakin' out about our own children.
Plus, wouldn't hunting then be considered hurting animals. Deer hunting, duck hunting, bear hunting...you are shooting them!! And yet we don't even look at that is animal cruelty!!!
geez! get a life!
nonya

Karlstad, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2006

Judged:

i know it was so fricken stupid to do a thing like that but what the hell are u guys talkin bout rapists and stuff like that animal cruelty and burning an animal has nothing to do with our childrens future and rapists and molesters you all need to calm down about it. it was a stupid mistake. i agree with "a-friend"
Ed Murphy

Cary, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2006

I grew up in a small town, hunted, killed things, sure it was cool to cut the chickens head off but it was cause we were going to eat it not to watch it die. I don't recall anyone torchuring animals for the enjoyment of watching it die.

This is a early warning sign that this young man has a serious problem that needs to be addressed. More than punishment the community needs to give this guy a mental health evaluation before he moves on to the kids in the nieghborhood.
If this young man is let off lightly now you can bet he will look for bigger thrills in the future. The court has a responsibility to make every effort to keep this person from being a danger to the community now and in the foreseeable future.
annonomous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2006

kids do stupid things, that is why they are kids, but when you get a group of them together they do even more stupid things. I don't think just one came up with the idea alone. My son pulls the legs off of grasshoppers, and he is 8. Ya think I should haul him in too? My husband burns woodticks, and my brother in law shot a sick coon in our yard, I bet they are all demented! I guess I should get out now with my other two normal kids while there is still time! Give it up! Fine him if that is what needs to be done, but I don't think they need to be evaluated. I am sure the parents or family know if there son needs help or not. He could be a perfectly good kid, just did something really stupid. But I am sure none of you did anything dumb in your life, as this is such a perfect world. I admit, it was cruel, but this don't make him a rapist or murder, or someone who needs help.
annoymous

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2006

Judged:

i think u all nedd to chill its just a snapping turtle and wat is this i hear about people thinking this is worse than a gang rape wats up with that?
wizzo wizzo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2006

Judged:

U PEOPLE ARE FREAKIN OUT. The turtle got away he didnt die, DID U HEAR ME HE DIDNT DIE, and there is no way this could b worse than a gang rape. This whole thing is retarded.
wizzo wizzo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2006

stupid
g bunny

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2006

Judged:

Hahahahahaa I think its HILARIOUS!! I just don't get why it is such a huge deal. Its a FILPPEN TURTEL!
annoymous

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2006

hey i dont know wat they were thinking but what ever they did something rong but seriously this was like 2 months ago drop it who cares anymore anyone who thinks they need mental help needs mental help themselves cuz yer stupid to think they do
Lexxy

West Concord, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2006

Judged:

Haha this is nothing. It's a turtle. That didn't even die. People do stupid stuff all the time. But to tell ya the truth. I wish I was there. It would have been soo much fun. Just chill out people. Please. Because you are just being retarded if you think that this is such a HUGE deal. I meen maybe they shouldn't have video taped it but they were making memories. Lol. Well it's kool by me.
annoymous

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2006

Judged:

u ppl need to stop yer bitchin and shut up cuz it was a freakin turtle and snappin turtles r the uglist damn creatures on the face of the freakin earth but squirrels rule my world

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Comstock Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Comstock People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••