Poll: Would you support medical marijuana?

Mar 16, 2008 | Posted by: Shirley Moore | Full story: blog.mlive.com

Posted by Kalamazoo Gazette Staff March 14, 2008 15:00PM What do you think? - Vote in the poll and add your thoughts in the Comments section.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
cindyo

Alpena, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Judged:

yes i would support medical merijohna It was used by many natives befor whiteman started screwing with meds.and makeing it wrong. a person should not be driveing but in there own home for the use . i have a lot of pain but i persnally couldnt use it for my lung disease unless i got in a lot of pain in the lungs where the added smoke wouldnt matter anymore.but if i could i would because i have a lot of terable back pain.
HotRodAMX

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

Judged:

Yes, I would. If you are able to drink, I don`t think anyone should have any say if you smoke weed. There are a lot of good folks locked up for smoking weed.I think child molesters get off easier quite frankly. Alcohol was against the law at one time too.Some of these laws are just not needed. If it can`t be made legal,just decriminalize it so there aren`t these outrageous fines,and jail terms.
ForThe People

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

I would support all marijuana use. There are ZERO documented cases of marijuana causing death (and they have searched hard for evidence).

There are more deaths caused by alcohol than you can count, but this is legal? Why? Must be our government's way of reducing the population, I wonder if China is in on it?
Terri

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

Judged:

Marijuana has been proven to be effective in medical use. It has not been proven safe in general use. Marijuana use is as dangerous as alcohol use. However, it is my opinion that it is logical to decriminalize and regulate its use.
That probably will never happen because the "government" has put billions of dollars into the "war on drugs". Just like other wars we've been frustrated and angered by, "they" won't quit til there's been a victory. Legalizing marijuana means losing face. I say stop all wars (but I'm changing the subject.)
I stand behind those who are working to legalize marijuana for medical use.
citizenx

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

Judged:

I would support all use,it's not really about the pot,but the right of the people to choose for there self,s what to put in there body, ie,my body my choice. Free men cane make that choice and so we must ask,are we free? A good point to make is that Russia, that big red threat we hear about, has legal marijuana,any amount for any use.So whom is more free.
Stamp Out Drugs

Muskegon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2008

Judged:

cindyo wrote:
yes i would support medical merijohna It was used by many natives befor whiteman started screwing with meds.and makeing it wrong. a person should not be driveing but in there own home for the use . i have a lot of pain but i persnally couldnt use it for my lung disease unless i got in a lot of pain in the lungs where the added smoke wouldnt matter anymore.but if i could i would because i have a lot of terable back pain.
Yeah, I can tell pot has done an awful lot for your intellectual capacity!
Stamp Out Drugs

Muskegon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2008

Judged:

citizenx wrote:
I would support all use,it's not really about the pot,but the right of the people to choose for there self,s what to put in there body, ie,my body my choice. Free men cane make that choice and so we must ask,are we free? A good point to make is that Russia, that big red threat we hear about, has legal marijuana,any amount for any use.So whom is more free.
Wow, the THC has really done wonders for your brain power, as well!

“SummerBreeze”

Since: Aug 08

Wildcat country

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2008

I`ll bet prescription drugs are the way to go hugh? Marijuana is an herb. From God I might add. Nothing added no bad side effects unlike prescription garbage. It should be a choice for all adults. And if your going to say,yeah but the kids will get into your weed,well look at whats happening with the script stuff. Come on stamp out drugs,it should be a personal choice,just as it is to pay your doctor and pharmacist.Oh yeah,and all the good folks locked up for this prohibition that we the taxpayer fund..You are right stamp out drugs,leave the weed alone!
citizenx

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2008

Judged:

Stamp Out Drugs wrote:
<quoted text>
SOD just does not get it at all. SOD thought they had this really cool statement,and SOD thought this forum was all about me but it is not, and SOD made the assumption that if I support it, I must smoke it. Well it's not and I don't, nor do I own a gun,or have I ever had an abortion,I do not belong to any religion. I do not like green egg's and ham on a house and I do not like green egg's and ham with a mouse. I do however believe in and support the right's of other's to do so, if it is their own free will and free will is what this is about.
GDP

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2008

Judged:

Absolutely. It is a natural plant medicine, good for so many aspects of life it is amazing. There is in fact no good reason for marijuana to be illegal. Its illegality, in fact, was not originally based on its effects, but rather was based on a businessman who wanted control of the markets for his oil business. At the time, marijuana and hemp were the nation's largest GDP--so he put pot out of business through smear campaigns and scare tactics. Marijuana should be legal, in all ways. Period. Everyone smokes it despite laws, much like everyone drank during prohibition in the 1920s. Some things will not change: people like marijuana. It is an integral part of human history!
MomaMarie

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2008

Judged:

Support medical use vote yes on Proposal 1 in November.
Be nice

Petersburg, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

Judged:

You don't have to agree but do you have to be so demeaning? Mabey just mabey this person has feeling's to... Can't we say hay I don't agree with you with out cutting the person down. Spelling is not my thing,big word's is not my thing, but I still understand them.. I have the same right's as you do. And I won't say your an a** but I can think it. Sorry to Cindyo for this person.We can agree or disagree with out cutting each other so I also will say I'am sorry for thinking your an a**
Canton

Canton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

Judged:

Legalize it and allow the cops to focus on enforcing the laws on hard drugs.

There is too much money being wasted enforcing marijuana laws.

The war on drugs can only be won if we focus on the hard core drugs like coke, heroin and meth.
jd s

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Judged:

Absolutely i would support marijuana.I've been
smoking pot for years.I drink alcohol and i can't
mantain with life to many side effect with alcohol
I have Glaucoma and i smoke marijuana.The doctor
give me eyes drops to lower the presser in my
eyes and there is side effect; with marijuana has
no side effects.Presciption drugs and meds cost
more and do more damage to the body than pot.There
is more money wasted on marijuana laws than any others drug.It's all about the goverment it's my
choice to smoke weed.Thanks to pres Bush

“SummerBreeze”

Since: Aug 08

Wildcat country

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2008

Judged:

I did support proposal 1. I hope it will help some of the needless suffering for a lot of folks..It`s not for everyone,but for some it will be a Godsend....
DenC

Portugal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2008

Judged:

Yes i wold support!
In fact the only thing stoping it is Big Pharma.
Civics One

Posen, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2008

Judged:

jd s wrote:
Absolutely i would support marijuana.I've been
smoking pot for years.I drink alcohol and i can't
mantain with life to many side effect with alcohol
I have Glaucoma and i smoke marijuana.The doctor
give me eyes drops to lower the presser in my
eyes and there is side effect; with marijuana has
no side effects.Presciption drugs and meds cost
more and do more damage to the body than pot.There
is more money wasted on marijuana laws than any others drug.It's all about the goverment it's my
choice to smoke weed.Thanks to pres Bush
Medical marjuana is a issue that is up to each state of this country to decide. President Bush has noting to do with it. For you and your medical condition, I know that legal medical marijuana will be of benefit to you, it's the rest of the jackasses that will abuse the system.
cindyo

Alpena, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2008

Judged:

Stamp Out Drugs wrote:
<quoted text>
Well i dont smoke and i think you are very judgemental i am 64 years old and have medical problems beyond what you can imagine and i pray you dont ever have to suffer. God bless you and help you in your life.
cindyo

Alpena, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2008

Judged:

Be nice wrote:
You don't have to agree but do you have to be so demeaning? Mabey just mabey this person has feeling's to... Can't we say hay I don't agree with you with out cutting the person down. Spelling is not my thing,big word's is not my thing, but I still understand them.. I have the same right's as you do. And I won't say your an a** but I can think it. Sorry to Cindyo for this person.We can agree or disagree with out cutting each other so I also will say I'am sorry for thinking your an a**
I Thank you and God bless you .
Larry

Houghton Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

Judged:

i support it all the way as i'm a card holder and caregiver.I believe they could use the money they spend for fuel for there chopper,which has to be thousands,to help the homeless or food banks instead of looking for pot plants.It's a state law that allows me to grow, so why are the states law enforcement agencies spending our money to find pot.It just seems like theres a better use for all that money.But hey i'm just a tax payer. Larry

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Comstock Discussions

Search the Comstock Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Mar 27 rider 109
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Mar 27 rider 5,463
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Mar 27 rider 301
Group claims they have found tarballs down rive... Dec '13 Mayor of Lansing 4
MI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) Jun '13 r sherman 91
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Feb '13 uexwex 164
Yelling Leads to Pepper Spray in Courtroom. (Feb '08) Jan '11 hisuncleudumbcocksmoker 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

Comstock Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Comstock People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance