Compton's homicide total climbs to 30

Compton's homicide total climbs to 30

There are 40 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Oct 22, 2006, titled Compton's homicide total climbs to 30. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

A man was shot to death Sunday in Compton, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Killa

AOL

#23 Mar 11, 2009
Imma put it like this, all the blood/crip gang shit came FROM LOS ANGELES. So that means if anybody bangin some bullshit ass gang thats originally not from L.A. stop ya shit. Yall east coast motherfuckas bangin some shit thats out here in compton, how is that? My point is come to L.A. and see what time it is. Not just L.A., South Central L.A.. Feelz
killadelphia

Pittsburgh, PA

#24 Mar 21, 2009
none of these people are messing with phillies homicides philly will shot anybody and everybody it is murder she wrote we kill dem quick ya diggggggggggggg
CPT 28

West Covina, CA

#25 Mar 22, 2009
People need to understand what is really going on. Major Perrodin is corrupt. The Sheriff's Dept arrests a huge amount of people. It is not their fault that the District Attorney gives the criminal weak sentences or lets them out. Bringing back compton pd would be a huge mistake.
TONY LI

Massapequa, NY

#26 Mar 29, 2009
your all wrong the winner last year per capita was new orleans fact for 2008
asdflkj

Galeton, PA

#27 May 13, 2009
You guys are dumb...South Central is the only super bad part of L.A. theres less then 800,000 people living there. But some years the area gets 500-600 murders. Average is like 250-300(recently though its a'lot less). So average is 30-37.5. But when shit is crazy its like 75-80. Now if gangsters could actually shoot that'd be a different story altogether. No other city is patrolled by a bunch of hardcore cops like the lapd so yeah w.e. Looking at the stats you begin to see a pattern for all cities. Things are a'lot more chill nowadays but in the next 10 to 15 years don't be surprised when L.A., Oakland, Philly, D.C., New York, NJ city, Youngstown, Flint, Compton, Detroit, Memphis, Richmond CA and VA, Miami, Chicago, Atlanta, Cincinatti, New Orleans, Houston, Gary, Newark, Charlottesville,and can't forget Baltimore.As well as everyother ghetto ass city break their old murder records.
Amazed at Stupidity

United States

#28 May 22, 2009
There are a lot things to brag about for a commumity: safe, vibrant nightlife, excellent schools, but to brag about how dangerous your city is and the high murder rate you have. Ghetto will always be ghetto, I guess.
Rocuzzo

Plano, TX

#29 Aug 15, 2009
I know for a fact that compton is the worst and most dangerous city in cali cuz we top the number 2 most dangerous city in the us with population from 75000 to 100,000 people it's messed up down here with the gangs and murders compton has only 96,000 people with over 30 murder already this year and it's been bad for a long time and it's look likeit's gonna stay that way cuz cops don't care and the people don't care. CoMpToN Ca
Comptonite

Corona, CA

#31 Aug 15, 2009
You think it's bad now. Wait till they bring Compton P.D. back. The crime rate will climb to 60 the same time this year and 80-90 for the year. This will happen if Compton Police come back!
COMPTON NUTT

Plano, TX

#33 Nov 17, 2009
CAL14NIA wrote:
Been to compton....aint got shit on the town. Oakland has less people than compton and has more than 3 times the amount of murders per year u idiot....and also compton aint even in the top 10 most dangerous cities in the country while oakland and richmond are in the top five. So know ur facts square cuz u dont know what the ur talkin about!!!!
What The hell u talkin bout okland is way bigger the compton okland is a major city yall have a nfl team and city skyline
compton is way worst then yall south cali is the most dangerous
compton has only 96,000 population okland has over 200,000 so of course that will b more murders if houston and dallas is large cities with way more murders then okland so KNOW YO FACTS CUZZZZZ.
LMAO

Conway, AR

#34 Nov 18, 2009
U IGNORANT UNEDUCATED FOOLS!! Compton has about 95,000 people and 30 murders(so far). oakland ca has 425,000. do the math if compton was the size of oakland 95,000x 4.5=427,000 people and 30x 4.5= 135 murders!!! here is oaklands information...Homicides in Oakland 2007-2009

In 2008, Oakland recorded 124 homicides. So far this year (as of Sept. 23), the city has recorded 82 homicides.
which means compton is worse.
now on the la vs chicago rating true enough chicago has more murders,but crime is more wide spread in la than chicago and is willing to bet that la county is the most dangerous in the nation.also,these crime list favor bigger cities.where would u rather be? a city with 95,000 and 30 murders or a city with 4milllion and and over 300 murders? these list assume criminals dont travel outside there neighborhoods. fact is THERE IS NO WORSER CRIME AREA THAN THE LA-NORTHERN ORANGE COUNTY-INLAND EMPIRE METRO AREA..POINT BLANK. LOOK AT IT this area has 15% of all of americas homicide!!! ALMOST every city that has made the list has made it because they were "turned out" by la gangs that moved there.....this is a fact
LMAO

Conway, AR

#35 Nov 18, 2009
oh yea before someone posts about out of staters not know info ...i lived in la and rialto from 1980-2007..and go back every 4 months..kickin it in every hood,spot/venue....im 100% cali. i luv my state but had to move,more choices in life,better economy less drama in arkansas. @ 29years old it was either me leave or continue going downhill. there is no place like cali,regardless of crime....i miss it like hell
harlem uptown lenox ave

Union, NJ

#36 Nov 20, 2009
Man yea yeah yeah. Harlem get fly and have sex wit womene all day everyday but we also lay down dem bodies especially uptown from da wile 40s side... but juss new york city alone had ova 40,000 police officers and dass even including the detectives and the leautineats.. but if he had less cops den we will be numba 1.. but we do hoes and get money and if u get killed u can't do none of that rite. So 4get all dat dumb shyt!!!! 141 close 2 8th and after 12 it ain't safe!!!
Anders

Umeň, Sweden

#37 Nov 21, 2009
CAL14NIA wrote:
Been to compton....aint got shit on the town. Oakland has less people than compton and has more than 3 times the amount of murders per year u idiot....and also compton aint even in the top 10 most dangerous cities in the country while oakland and richmond are in the top five. So know ur facts square cuz u dont know what the ur talkin about!!!!
Oakland has 420 000 people and Compton has about 94 000 people.
So Oakland have more then 4 times the population of Compton and 3 times the murder rate. That makes compton more dangerous if you look at the statistics. So know your facts square :O

Bayview/Hunters Point in San francisco have about 20 000 people with around 25 murders. If Oakland would have the same rate as hunters point there would have to be 420 murders each year and more then 90 in Compton.
Dan Jackson

Salinas, CA

#38 Nov 23, 2009
Look up Salinas, California......That's All I Have to Say...Small Farm Town with a war going on.
CPT

Corona, CA

#39 Nov 29, 2009
a compton resident 2 wrote:
the police just do their job - a 9-5 thingy
if they would find some decent experience sheriff officers that care and know how to combat crime street by street, properly treat people, a hell of a lot of changes can be made here in CPT.
but these Sheriff guys are really unexperience, people be robbing & shooting each other in front of them police officers and they get away all the time. been there, seen it, they seem to know little about the streets.
If this is the case, then why was Compton much more violent when Compton PD was patrolling. They had 80 to 90 gang killings..Riddle me this?
Renzo

Arnhem, Netherlands

#40 Oct 26, 2010
Watch the killings go down now there's a black president. Black people will be proud to be black again, and will stop hating themselves.
death to ameriKKKa

United States

#41 Nov 6, 2010
Renzo wrote:
Watch the killings go down now there's a black president. Black people will be proud to be black again, and will stop hating themselves.
look dude, a black president dosnt have anything to do with murder/black people killing, people kill cause they either just want to, or someone really pissed em off or got in the way of their $... But it has gone down alot, cause in 2005, it was about 50-60 murders by september..
scrap killa

United States

#42 Dec 29, 2010
Cal14nia maybe u should read the u.s census, compton is a city of 91,000 people , oakland has 500,000. Also compton avg 80 homicides a year , oakland averages 150, that's not three times as many ,perhaps u should learn simple arithmetic also ,and the whole bay card has no pull in prison
M Fuhrman

Hot Springs National Park, AR

#43 Dec 31, 2010
Killa wrote:
Imma put it like this, all the blood/crip gang shit came FROM LOS ANGELES. So that means if anybody bangin some bullshit ass gang thats originally not from L.A. stop ya shit. Yall east coast motherfuckas bangin some shit thats out here in compton, how is that? My point is come to L.A. and see what time it is. Not just L.A., South Central L.A.. Feelz
All you South Central *ussy's have nothing but big mouths week harts and pea brains I was born there and I know it is nothing but cockroach dung beetle fag-boy punks that want to be a real man but cant even come close you should do us all a favor and set your selves on fire
Dekon Nasinnaty

Gloucester, UK

#44 Apr 9, 2012
nofink too do wit tha matta, but, the worst places in london i.e. Hackney, Brixton, Tottenham, Pechenham, Finsbury Park, Befnol Green.... would be way worse than fukink oakland compton or whereva, tru gangsta, 100% black, sell drug on the streets, discriminate whites/asians, shot police on sight, walk around wit gats, ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Compton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
more recall signs 6 hr SSSSSATAN 4
v es covfefe clique 9 hr hey hey hay 3
Inglewood Lanes is new located at 4030 W. Centu... (Feb '16) 9 hr INGLEWOOD LANES B... 121
Review: Inglewood Lanes 14 hr INGLEWOOD LANES B... 88
missing armo kid 18 hr Huh 13
MUSD sues to keep robbing district 22 hr Not Our team 3
Montebello City Councilwomen News Sat Doomed in Montebe... 2

Compton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Compton Mortgages